George Mason Football

sc49erfan15

Well, I'm not expecting much love from Michigan State or North Carolina fans on this one. :D

GeorgeMasonFootball2.png

-Honestly, there's not a lot for me to say. I thought that George Mason would be one of the teams with just a home and away jersey, no alternates. The yellow pants could be worn with the white jersey, and I almost made it that way, with just yellow pants, but I went with green.

-I really liked the secondary logo and thought it worked well on the helmet.

-No wordmark, they really don't have one.

That's about it, as always positive and negative C&C is always welcome, but if it's negative, tell me why.

BigStuffChamps3_zps00980734.png

George Mason doesn't HAVE a football team.

Neither does Seton Hall, Vermont, Marquette, Wichita State or any of the other schools in this series. Which is exactly why he's doing it. :blink:

As for the concept itself:

Well, I'm not expecting much love from Michigan State or North Carolina fans on this one.

And ya ain't getting any, neither!! :lol:

It's a good concept, I guess - well-designed as usual, great look, no complaints, except for the school it represents... stupid Mason jerks. :mad:

"Start spreading the news... They're leavin' today... Won't get to be a part of it... In old New York..."

2007nleastchamps.png

In order for the Mets' run of 12 losses in 17 games to mean something, the Phillies still had to win 13 of 17.

I'm a freshmen at GMU, and we JUST got a football team, literally. With that said, I wouldn't at all mind seeing these on the field. I personally think our logo is a cop out, so much more could be done with the name Patriots. I highly dislike our athletic identity, and I plan on working on a rebranding soon, and submitting it to the school.

(GMU Basketball...goin all the way)

I really like this concept for George Mason, 49erfan. It's simple enough for the program to use, although a yellow alternate could (I say could because it might not work out so well) be used, but this is your project.

Also, I do have a few suggestions on the next team *coughBradleycough* and possible teams that you might do (Old Dominion and Kennesaw State come to mind since I have heard that ODU is bringing football back and Kennesaw State is looking into having football).

Both my girlfriend and my aunt go to GMU, so I've become a bit of a Mason fan myself (don't mind the hat and the two t-shirts sitting in the corner there). I'm still trying to figure out what Gunston is.

"What the hell is that?"

"Why, that's Gunston."

"What the hell is a Gunston?!" ^_^

Did tehy really get a team, AAO? And why didn't my girlfriend tell me? :D

Anyway...

This uniform set looks excellent, 9ers, the logo looks clean with the rest of the package, and I like the number font. Very cool.

philly.png

honestly, these jerseys are great, and the pants work fine. they are a bit plain, but they work. i think instead of re-using the logo on the sleeves and helmet, you could give GMU a blank helmet, maybe with a simple stripe with star stickers. i think this isnt done enough, and its a route that would make them sort of stand out. thats my 2 pennys.

Haha yeah we really did get a football team

THANK THE LORD

See, this is the whole "maturity" issue that was being debated last week. Please stop making posts like this.

Oh, and you aren't funny.

On 8/1/2010 at 4:01 PM, winters in buffalo said:
You manage to balance agitation with just enough salient points to keep things interesting. Kind of a low-rent DG_Now.
On 1/2/2011 at 9:07 PM, Sodboy13 said:
Today, we are all otaku.

"The city of Peoria was once the site of the largest distillery in the world and later became the site for mass production of penicillin. So it is safe to assume that present-day Peorians are descended from syphilitic boozehounds."-Stephen Colbert

POTD: February 15, 2010, June 20, 2010

The Glorious Bloom State Penguins (NCFAF) 2014: 2-9, 2015: 7-5 (L Pineapple Bowl), 2016: 1-0 (NCFAB) 2014-15: 10-8, 2015-16: 14-5 (SMC Champs, L 1st Round February Frenzy)

Thanks a lot, everybody. :D

Buckeyes - Thanks.

VD - Sorry, man...UNC'll definitely be a contender for the next few (200) years, you know that. :P As always, thanks for the comment.

milton - Thank ya.

winghaz - That's exactly what I'm going for in all my concepts, and very nice to hear. Much appreciated.

AAO - Congrats on the football team, I sure wish Winthrop would get one. And I agree with most of what you said...I really like the secondary, but the primary really leaves something to be desired. However, it seems like all the "Patriots"-style identities are so similar...something new and fresh would be cool. I'd really be interested in seeing what you come up with, I've been impressed with your work. Thanks much for your comment as well.

Seadragon - "Close to what the program would use" is definitely what I'm going for. And regarding Bradley...not gonna say anything, but be patient. ^_^

BigBrain - Thanks much!

eRay - That's definitely an idea I hadn't considered, and I'll keep it in mind for future teams. Comment much appreciated.

NY Jay - Yep, those are the Wild numbers. I didn't like the idea of using the exact same number font in back-to-back concepts, but I liked the way the font fit with the logo.

Whew -- long post, but if I'm going to get feedback like this, I don't mind doing it at all. Once again, thanks to everyone who replied...without making the page twelve times wider.

BigStuffChamps3_zps00980734.png

Archived