George Mason Football

sc49erfan15

Haha yeah we really did get a football team

THANK THE LORD (8 million exclamation points)

Dude, that's obnoxious. One exclamation point would suffice. Don't be an idiot. I agree with rams80. Not funny at all, just completely obnoxious. If you had half a brain you'd edit your post and think next time. <_<

"I must be butter, because I'm on a roll."

Turn Two Design // Facebook

I have a coupla nitpicks:

1) The pant striping is inconsistent with the sleeve/cuff striping. Did you try to match them?

2) The shooting star under the neck is a bit much, with it also being on the helmet and sleeves. Maybe put "Mason" under the neck?

3) You have a crisp, clean uniform, then you put jagged number font on it. What if you tried a coupla different font ideas?

B+ so far.

Spurs2017_HomeSignature.png.d781df3b4d5c0e482d74d6a47c072475.pngDortmund2017_HomeSignature.png.277fd43b7b71e5d54e4c655f30c9a1e6.png

Dude, that's obnoxious. One exclamation point would suffice. Don't be an idiot. I agree with rams80. Not funny at all, just completely obnoxious. If you had half a brain you'd edit your post and think next time. <_<

I'm happy about it,okay?

I'm happy about it,okay?

Cap, that was uncalled for. judging by the fact that capital is spelled wrong in your boardname, the number 92, and the way you post, you're 14. Still doesn't give you reason to put exclamation points out of the ass in your post.

I'm happy about it,okay?

Allow me to give you a better, more mature option to express your joy over the presence of a George Mason football team.

I am really happy that George Mason finally has a football team. :D

On 8/1/2010 at 4:01 PM, winters in buffalo said:
You manage to balance agitation with just enough salient points to keep things interesting. Kind of a low-rent DG_Now.
On 1/2/2011 at 9:07 PM, Sodboy13 said:
Today, we are all otaku.

"The city of Peoria was once the site of the largest distillery in the world and later became the site for mass production of penicillin. So it is safe to assume that present-day Peorians are descended from syphilitic boozehounds."-Stephen Colbert

POTD: February 15, 2010, June 20, 2010

The Glorious Bloom State Penguins (NCFAF) 2014: 2-9, 2015: 7-5 (L Pineapple Bowl), 2016: 1-0 (NCFAB) 2014-15: 10-8, 2015-16: 14-5 (SMC Champs, L 1st Round February Frenzy)

I'm happy about it,okay?

Cap, that was uncalled for. judging by the fact that capital is spelled wrong in your boardname, the number 92, and the way you post, you're 14. Still doesn't give you reason to put exclamation points out of the ass in your post.

The double p's are my initials,and the 92 stands for the I was born.

49er, those look really good. Perhaps a standard block number font, and like vicfurth said, perhaps just a "Mason" on the neckline, considering the few people I know that went there just call it "Mason" anyway. Good job, and I could certainly expect to see something like this on the field.

AAO - are the Patriots going to be in the same league as W&M, JMU, and the like? Or has it been determined?

Smart is believing half of what you hear. Genius is knowing which half.

I really liked vicfurth's (and now WSU's) idea with "Mason" under the collar, and decided to change that.

The pants striping (at least on the yellow pants) is inspired by the striping in the logo. I did try it on the sleeves, but when placed right under the shooting star, it was a bit of a yellow-green-white stripe overload.

The jagged number font, I decided to keep, I liked the way it meshed with the logo.

Thanks again to vicfurth and WSU, I'll update the original post as well.

GeorgeMasonFootball2.png

AAO, like WSU said, is GMU playing in the A10? (Wow, that's a lot of three-character acronyms.) If they are, I'll update this concept once again with an A10 conference patch.

And Cap...if you could edit your post to maybe one or seven exclamation marks, that'd be great. <_<

BigStuffChamps3_zps00980734.png

AAO, like WSU said, is GMU playing in the A10? (Wow, that's a lot of three-character acronyms.) If they are, I'll update this concept once again with an A10 conference patch.

Not at all. George Mason, when they do start their football program, would play in the Colonial Athletic Association, which is set to start football in 2007 by absorbing the current Atlantic 10 members (Which, if you have been keeping score, has six of it's football playing members in the CAA already).

As far as I know, George Mason does have football, but it's on the club level. All of their games are against other club teams, NAIA programs, and NCAA Division III programs.

QPR%20Sig.png

As far as I know, George Mason does have football, but it's on the club level. All of their games are against other club teams, NAIA programs, and NCAA Division III programs.

You're right.

Mason Football

We play mostly D3 colleges and the like.

But i've heard around campus that apparently we ARE getting a real, D1 football team, none of this club bs. But obviously no official press release or anything is out yet, if it's true. Guess we'll just have to wait and see.

Well, I'm not expecting much love from Michigan State or North Carolina fans on this one. :D

GeorgeMasonFootball2.png

-Honestly, there's not a lot for me to say. I thought that George Mason would be one of the teams with just a home and away jersey, no alternates. The yellow pants could be worn with the white jersey, and I almost made it that way, with just yellow pants, but I went with green.

-I really liked the secondary logo and thought it worked well on the helmet.

-No wordmark, they really don't have one.

That's about it, as always positive and negative C&C is always welcome, but if it's negative, tell me why.

only thing is a bit better numbers (more TV friendly), unless you are going totally block style on the shoulders.

otherwise, these are pretty good...

spacer.png  5-time Defending NL East Champions spacer.png 

Well, having taken a look at the team's site that AAO has provided here, for the most part 49erfan has the look down right. The helmet is correct, but the jersey/pants combo is green jersey with green pants.

Archived