George Mason U.

deliver2david

• Replies 49
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Who knows... Maybe Nike will hook them up with some new threads this week for the Final Four, kinda like how Washington State got new gear right before the '98 Rose bowl.

6uXNWAo.png

Who knows... Maybe Nike will hook them up with some new threads this week for the Final Four, kinda like how Washington State got new gear right before the '98 Rose bowl.

Washington State was a Russell team though, and Mike Price had a thing for tinkering with the unis for bowl games.

Mason probably won't want to wear new unis because of superstition, IMO.

Smart is believing half of what you hear. Genius is knowing which half.

What's the difference between Elite and non-Elite??

If you've been to the Final Four, your Nike merchandise is garnered with the "NIKE ELITE" label. If you haven't been to the Final Four, your Nike merchandise is just plain "NIKE TEAM."

Obviously, if you don't wear Nike, you don't get any of these things.

If GMU becomes elite, then LSU would become a Nike elite school as well.

I wouldn't be surprised if both teams come out with the gray circular crests under the neck for the final four. Maybe elite warmups for both teams too, if LSU doesn't have them already.

washingtonst.gif

My teams

NCAA: Washington State

MLB: Seattle Mariners

NFL: Seattle Seahawks

NBA: Portland Trailblazers

EPL: Liverpool FC

MLS: Seattle Sounders FC

NHL: Pittsburgh Penguins

leave the tinkering for the offseason. warmups maybe, but it *always* bugs me when a team adds new jerseys in for playoffs or publicity. it's one thing to pull something weird you've had all season out of the closet (unique alternates anybody?) but another to suddenly bump a Nike basketball team up to "ELITE" for the final four.

and I would imagine Nike's ELITE status would be more on $$ and size of the school more than anything else.

harperdc.gif

If you've been to the Final Four, your Nike merchandise is garnered with the "NIKE ELITE" label. If you haven't been to the Final Four, your Nike merchandise is just plain "NIKE TEAM."

So... the only difference is a tag on your jersey that no one even sees? Whoopie.

AstrosTransitionsSig.gif

With the NIKE Elite, in order to be eligible, I believe you need to be in the Final Four starting with 1996, I think.

I thought it was 98 or 99, but really, it's pretty stupid all the same.

I'm still in shock that George Mason is in the Final Four.

1 hour ago, ShutUpLutz! said:

and the drunken doodoobags jumping off the tops of SUV's/vans/RV's onto tables because, oh yeah, they are drunken drug abusing doodoobags

What's the difference between Elite and non-Elite??

So, if we just go by this year...George Mason is an "elite" team...and Duke is not! :D

With the NIKE Elite, in order to be eligible, I believe you need to be in the Final Four starting with 1996, I think.

I think that everyone is in shock for that.

No. Michigan is Nike Elite. We suck, circa 1999.

spikes.jpg

oakland was kinda "niked" after they made it to the tourney last year. i went to their basketball camp since 8th grade and its always had crappy sponorship. but the year after they made it we were give nike basketballs and the trainers wore nike oakland shirts. there was also nike basketball signs in all of the gyms. i think their uni's stayed. i'm not really sure.

newsig.jpg

-The Few, The Proud, The Paint Users.-

Archived