Most exitin games you watched live or saw inperson

floydnimrod

wow lilgump...totally wish I'd caught that one. I saw a few of their games on TV before the streak was broken and they were pretty dominant.

While I have attended a World Series game (Game 3, 1998) and that game was rather exciting, I think the two best for me involved game-winning grand slams by Steve Finley.

April 10, 1998. The crowd got on it's feet and started going wild in the 8th inning for no real apparent reason. The Padres were down 4-2 and looked weak doing it. There was no sign of us coming back. Then in the 9th we somehow came back. Walk by Vaughn, two quick outs, Sweeney walks and Mouton replaces him on the base paths. Veras walks and up steps Finley. The place was louder than I'd ever remembered hearing to that point and nothing had really even happened yet. Then that pitch, the swing, and they all come marching home again.

October 2, 2004. My buddy is a huge Dodgers fan, and while I'm a Padres fan I don't hate the Dodgers as much as most Padres fans. The team I really dislike is the Giants. It mostly has to do with the fans that choose to show up at our games and the way they behave themselves. ANYWAYS, we got some great seats about 10 rows from the field along the right field line just past first base. There was plenty of energy in the crowd as the Dodgers were set to clinch the division and they could do it against the hated Giants.

The game was slow and boring. Giants took the 2-0 lead in the 4th off a Grissom single and got another in the 7th when Grissom homered. The Dodgers showed no sign at all of being capable of scoring. The fans in the park were mostly resigned to the fact that they'd have to wait until the last day of the season to clinch. We had to listen to those arrogant Giants fans for 3 freaking hours.

Then came the 9th. 1B, BB, K, BB, BB, Error, 1B to tie the game, then the grand slam by Finley to win the division.

Never experienced anything like it and I don't know if I'll see anything like it again.

-Daniel
Check Out My Podcast! Latest Episode 273: The Color Blinky
Latest Photo Upload: January 7, 2012

In person was just a regular reason game. I went to Busch with a friend of mine who was great company. It was just this last year and the Giants were in town for the first time during the season. It was Mike Mattheny's first game back in Busch Stadium, so the crowd gave him a long standing ovation.

The game had Chris Carpenter pitching and he pitched well most of the game. But the cardinals couldn't hit anything. Going into the 9th it was 2 nothing and then Julian Tavarez allowed 2 inherited runners to score. With the score 4 nothing some fans left. Me and my friend Carley were determined to stay the course.

In the bottom of the 9th, John Mabry doubled and So Taguchi singled. That brought up Yadier Molina who had just returned from the DL. Molina hit a 3 run homer to make the score 4-3.

After 2 outs, a John Rodriguez single and a Abraham Nunez single, Jim Edmonds came to the plate. He hit a double to the wall and both runners raced home to score the game tieing and winning runs. It was such a great game. I still have the ticket stub in my wallet.

Two games taht I watched on TV that will always be with me are the Illinois comeback in last years elite 8, and the Albert Pujols home run in the NLCS.

In person:

1984 World Series Game 5. Tigers/Padres: Kirk Gibson hits 2 homers including one off Gossage after Gossage talks Dick Williams out of giving Gibson the intentional pass. Tigers win the series.

1998 ALDS Game 1. Indians/Red Sox: Dwight Gooden and Mike Hargrove are thrown out of the game in the top of the 1st. Dave Burba comes in and pitches a gem in relief. Indians win the game and go on to win the series.

1992 Football Ohio State at Syracuse: Syracuse is being talked up as a national championship contender. Ohio State is unranked. Syracuse had beaten OSU in a bowl game the previous season. All I heard about all week was how bad the Orange were going to beat my Buckeyes. Final Score Ohio State 35 Syracuse 12. Scoreboard.

On TV:

1986 AFC Divisional Playoffs Jets/Browns. Down 10 with 4 minutes to go Bernie Kosar leads the Browns back to tie it up. Browns win it on a Mark Moseley FG in the second OT.

1986 World Series Game 6.

1992 AFC Divisional Playoffs Bills/Oilers "The Comeback."

1980 NBA Finals Game 6 Lakers/Sixers: Kareem is back in LA with a sprained ankle. Magic plays Center and leads the Lakers to the title.

2002 Fiesta Bowl OSU/Miami.

And a whole lot of others... :D

BB52Big.jpg

In Person:

Super Bowl XXIII - Montana to Taylor in the closing seconds to lead the 49ers over the Bengals. Unbelievable, though I have no allegiance to either team (tickets came through a friend of the family who lived in Ft. Lauderdale)

1993 NLCS Game 6 - Phillies def. Braves, clinch NL pennant. Vet Stadium was so loud it shook. My uncle surprised my with a ticket. Good times.

1995 Patrick Division Game 2 - Flyers beat Rangers in OT. NYR led into the 2rd period. Desjardins and Kevin Haller pumped in the tying and winning goals, triggering mass hysteria.

2001 NBA Eastern Semis Game 7 - Sixers beat Raptors to advance to the Eastern Conference Finals. Also the last NBA game I went to. Vince Carter misses at the buzzer.

(unsure of dates): 4 Duke at UNC men's basketball games (UNC won all 4, and won 7 of 8 v. Duke when I was in school there); dozens of UNC men's and women's basketball games; 3 ACC tournaments; NCAA Women's Soccer Final Four (UNC wins... again; also saw UNC's first home playoff loss EVER in women's soccer, v. Notre Dame).

On TV: Too many to count.

"Start spreading the news... They're leavin' today... Won't get to be a part of it... In old New York..."

2007nleastchamps.png

In order for the Mets' run of 12 losses in 17 games to mean something, the Phillies still had to win 13 of 17.

Well, I haven't been to many exciting sports events (seeing as how this is freakin Atlanta.), so I'll just say the most exciting events I've seen live on TV.

NFL

Atlanta Falcons vs. Carolina Panthers (December, 2004)

-BEST. GAME. EVAR. Exciting game from start to finish, big plays all over the place, especially when Julius Peppers pulls off the most ridiculous INT return for a TD I've ever seen in my life. That was amazing. Then, with seconds remaining in regulation, it's 4th and 11 and Michael Vick pulls the Superman on Dan Morgan and the rest of the Pussycats and sends the game into overtime, where Jay Feely wins it with a GW FG. Once again, best damn game ever.

NBA

Los Angeles Lakers vs. San Antonio Spurs (Game 5, 2003 playoffs I believe).

-Only two things describe this game: Derek Fisher & 0.4.

NHL

Anaheim Mighty Ducks vs. Detroit Red Wings (Game 1 of 2003 playoffs, not sure.)

-Game goes into multiple overtimes, and the Ducks win. Anytime the Red Wings lose is great, but this was one of the most exciting games of playoff hockey I've seen in a while.

MLB

Atlanta Braves vs. Houston Astros (Game 5, 2005 Playoffs)

-18-Inning marathon. SUCKED BOOTY since we lost, but it was still the most exciting baseball game I've seen.

NCAAB

George Mason vs. UConn

-Counting all levels of basketball that I've seen...BEST. GAME. EVER.

NCAAF

Texas vs. USC

-Counting all levels of football that I've seen...MOST. EXCITING. GAME. EVER.

MLB

Atlanta Braves vs. Houston Astros (Game 5, 2005 Playoffs)

-18-Inning marathon. SUCKED BOOTY since we lost, but it was still the most exciting baseball game I've seen.

Yep, almost as exciting a game as the Braves-Twins Game 7 10-inning 1-0 game.

It's a shame that the two greatest games I've ever watched on TV had the Braves losing heartbreaking, season-ending postseason games....

NHL

Even though I'm a Devils fan, I would have to say, without a doubt, the best game I ever saw was the 1994 eastern conference finals game 7 vs. the Rangers. It was unbelievable. I was watching it with my dad who is a longtime Rangers fan. The game was insane. Devils scoring with 7 seconds left to send it to OT, then Matteau winning it for the Rangers, man it was crazy.

NFL

2002 AFC Wild Card game Cleveland vs. Pittsburgh. I was so sad when the Browns blew it. Kelly Holcomb was a monster in that game.

MLB

Game 7 1997 World Series. I remember watching this with my dad too. The series was one of the craziest I've ever seen, with all the high scores and the snow in Cleveland, but game 7 was amazing, even though my Indians lost. :down:

NBA

I think that game 5 of the Eastern Conference Quarterfinals Nets vs. Pacers was the most exciting. It went to Double OT, even though Reggie's three went in after the buzzer. But its all good, the Nets got the win in the end, and went to the finals. It was back and forth until the 2nd OT when we finally took control and put 'em away. To me, this was also the most exciting season in Nets history, after getting rid of that punk Marbury, for Jason, Kidd. Best trade ever by the way. I remember it so well because the Nets were finally good, for once. And they became really fun to watch for the first time in a loooooooong time.

1994 Stanley Cup Finals Game 7, not a Rangers fan but it was a great game Bure hittign the crossbar twice (even if the wrong team won)

1994 UGA at Alabama - Occasionally seen on ESPN Classic, just a great football game that ended with a win for Bama in OT. Tyrell Davis was UGA's backup RB in that one.

On TV I've seen too many to count.

Taking into account all the games I've ever seen I think the top three are all high school basketball games, especially because of the personal connection I have with most of the players.

2002 1st round NHL playoffs

Islanders-Leafs

Shawn Bates penalty shot goal with 2:30 to go in the third gives the Isles the win. Unfortunatley the next game Peca is taken out by Darcy Tucker and the Leafs win the series. However that was the greatest game I remember seeing in person.

th_island1-med.gifStanley Cups 1980,1981,1982,1983

th_dodgers1-med.gifWorld Series Titles 1955,1959,1963,1965,1981,1988

th_boys1-med.gifSuper Bowl Titles VI,XII,XXVII,XXVIII,XXXth_jet2-med.gifSuper Bowl Title III

th_ny1-med.gifth_norangers-med.gif

newyorkislanders.gif

Well, I haven't been to many exciting sports events (seeing as how this is freakin Atlanta.)

Hell try to get to the NCAA championship game...you might get to see the biggest story in the history of college basketball.

I said MIGHT.

newsig.jpg

Archived