what type of hat wearer are you?

HatManTC

• Replies 67
  • Created
  • Last Reply

I don't wear hats that often, but when I do it's either my Pirates or Pens Franchise caps or my Bucs BP cap. Those 3930 caps are super comfortable. I hope MLB keeps them around for awhile as I would like to add some more to my meger collection.

Like JR, I've got a huge head (7 1/2 -> 7 5/8 depending on who was making the hats that day), so I need a 5950 at the very least for the head. Most adjustable or flexfit caps look like :censored:e on me, since the crowns never really have enough wool to make up for the extra expanse at the bottom of the cap.

The only cap I've really worn for the last year or so was a 5950 throwback Twins cap (red w/blue bill, TC logo), but due to its age I was wearing it to the gym a lot, and apparently, I forgot to take it out of the bag....the gf went to do laundry, and it was as green and fuzzy as a St Patrick's day cap, so I'm currently topless.

I also have a Blue Bomber flexfit cap that's just a smidgen too small, but it currently holds an autograph of Willard Reaves (former Bomber RB great), so it's not going anywhere near the elements.

Welcome to DrunjFlix

Usually, I'll wear the Zephyr Z-Fit collegiate hats (I have Georgia Tech, Long Beach State, and Vermont) because they have a lower-profile crown and they fit better the more you wear them. Sometimes I'll wear a New Era 5950 Brewers hat when I'm supporting my team, but I definitely prefer Zephyr's hats to New Era's.

QPR%20Sig.png

I am a nothing crazy, team model hat guy, who prefers the structurless cap. I have a white sox franchise that is litterally a light brown from wear. It is my pride and joy, and it never leaves my head. Ironically, I am wearing it now.

You have a hat that you love and you're wearing it right now. That's not ironic.

Reading this thread from the beginning, I was wondering if someone was going to point that out. Now, if he said "it never leaves my head... ironically it's in my closet as I type this." THAT my friend, is irony. ^_^

Anyway... I fall into the 7 1/2 - 5/8 catetory, and I only wear fitted hats or flex-fit hats for any sport.

I own about 60 caps all the franchise fitted type. I used to wear the 5950 hats but they have really dissapointed me lately because they make me look like I am wearing a widescreen TV on my head, the front crown is too big and wide. I only wear the Franchise hats now. If I couuld find the low profile 5950 hats I would buy those but until then it is the franchise for me, I don't want to look like I belong in a rap video.

It kinda breaks down like this for me:

NFL/Patriots - almost all Reebok flexfits

MLB/Red Sox- 5950 and flexfits

Also have alot of New Era college fitteds, a couple of Air Jordan flexfits, and other assorted teams/brands (Nike, Reebok, adidas) that I've bought over the years which I just wear to match up with what I'm wearing.

I prefer authentics. I like the 5950's and The Game fitted game hats. I usually get 7 5/8 in the 5950's and 7 1/2 in The Game because I like to break in the hats by soaking them in a sink of cold water and then letting them dry out on my head so that they will shrink to my head. I also like doing that because it mats down the crown so I won't have the blockhead look.

Authentic 59Fiftys for MLB, with the crown backing pulled out by hand.

Explain how you do so, please.

You do it by using tweezers to first take out all of the white strands in the crown backing and then taking out the black strands.

You do it by using tweezers to first take out all of the white strands in the crown backing and then taking out the black strands.

its a waste of time.

wet it, wear it. love it.

OhioStateBuckeyesLightBanner.png by RoscoeUA

hailtothechief.png by gingerbreadman

I got one of those in between heads. 7 1/8 is too tight and 7 1/4 is too loose. I love the structurelessness of Franchise hats, but again they are either too tight or too loose, so lately I suck it up and get adjustable hats (colts, '59 white sox, and Indy Indians). My favs are franchise expos pinwheel and mid-seventies Red Sox franchise hats, but I never wear them mostly cause of the fit and frankly, I look like a complete dork in the expos pinwheel hat.

My little league team had a pinwheel hat and I thought it was the coolest thing in the world.

:D

savedpictures013-1.jpg

I am a nothing crazy, team model hat guy, who prefers the structurless cap. I have a white sox franchise that is litterally a light brown from wear. It is my pride and joy, and it never leaves my head. Ironically, I am wearing it now.

You have a hat that you love and you're wearing it right now. That's not ironic.

Reading this thread from the beginning, I was wondering if someone was going to point that out. Now, if he said "it never leaves my head... ironically it's in my closet as I type this." THAT my friend, is irony. ^_^

Someone is a graduate of the Alanis Morissette School of Irony.... :D

Usually, I'll wear the Zephyr Z-Fit collegiate hats. Sometimes I'll wear a New Era / hat when I'm supporting my team, but I definitely prefer Zephyr's hats to New Era's.

Ditto. I have a ton of Zephyr hats. Colorado, Texas, North Carolina, UCLA, UConn, Alabama... the list goes on. I do prefer white hats over colored ones though.

6uXNWAo.png

its a waste of time.

wet it, wear it. love it.

IATD: I actually do the reverse of what sacker described. The black filaments are what provides the structure; the white thread seems to keep them in place. If you can spread open some of the white threads enough to get at the black filaments, it can be done with tweezers. But there are small filaments in the ribbing that connects the hat's panels, and you need to get them too.

And it's not enough to just wet & wear. I've tried doing that alone, and it molds the hat a little bit to my head, but getting rid of the support filaments does more to knock the crown down than wetting the hat alone.

"Start spreading the news... They're leavin' today... Won't get to be a part of it... In old New York..."

2007nleastchamps.png

In order for the Mets' run of 12 losses in 17 games to mean something, the Phillies still had to win 13 of 17.

Archived