what type of hat wearer are you?

HatManTC

a couple of the threads i have seen lately have gotten me wonder. what type of hats people are you guys. do you wear the fashion hats or just the team colors, no frills hats?

i personally like to mix it up a bit depending on the styles.

so what are you.

OhioStateBuckeyesLightBanner.png by RoscoeUA

hailtothechief.png by gingerbreadman

• Replies 67
  • Created
  • Last Reply

what I care more about is having either a flexfit or a true fitted hat than whether it's fashion or not. seeing as a couple of my hats are for my college, I try and get styles that I like the best - right now rocking a green flexfit with the yellow "O" on it, for instance. but I'd rather keep it true to the real style then fashion style - evidenced by my 5950 Mariners hat.

actually, now that I think about it, while I officially like "styles that look good to me or on me," most of the 'fashion' ones don't fit in that category. changing the logo colors a little bit? Depends on how it's done. black and white hats or other stupid things like that? Not my bag at all. and my Mariners 5950 is the only one that doesn't have ridiculous brim bend either.

harperdc.gif

Authentic 59Fiftys for MLB, with the crown backing pulled out by hand. I have less brand allegiance in other sports - some Zephyr, some old The Game models, some God knows what. But honestly, I don't wear 'em as much as I used to - it happens with getting older and getting a job that mandates suite and tie and would frown upon caps. :rolleyes:

"Start spreading the news... They're leavin' today... Won't get to be a part of it... In old New York..."

2007nleastchamps.png

In order for the Mets' run of 12 losses in 17 games to mean something, the Phillies still had to win 13 of 17.

5950's for MLB and the minors. Most NFL hats suck, I wish New Era made some for them. I have a Bangor Lumberjacks (defunct Can-Am league baseball team) Zephyr hat that I love. My coconut is too big for flexfit. They never come down near my ears enough.

Adjustables are out of the question. I have the same problem as the flexfits, they aren't deep enough.

mainescarf.png

Never liked the fashion caps.

Give me a classic, simple, on-field design. Sometimes I wear 59-50s, but those are hard to find in low profile and the regular ones are too bulky.

My cap of choice is the Franchise - simple, elegant, great fit. Overall, best cap I've ever found.

It really depends on what you mean by fashion caps. If you mean the all black braves, or the hat with all the nba logos on it, I wouldn't be caught dead in that garbage.

If you mean things like Zephr-created alternate logos, then yeah, I rock a little bit of that.

My ideal hat would be a deep-dish, Franchise-style hat, in a 7 3/4

Franchises are about a 1/4 to 1/2 inch too low profile to really fit me correctly. But I love the no-structure, soft cotton, the logos and colors tend to be good. I just need them to come big enough and they'd be my favorite hat.

My fav hat right now is a navy GT i got at the book store. I believe it is a Game. Its in the car, i will get it at lunch and check to make sure.

By the way, if anyone knows of an equivilant of what type of hat i'm looking for, I'd pay YOU cash, and i'd pay an awful ton for the hat itself.

Thanks!

NCFA Sunset Beach Tech - Octopi

ΓΔΒ!

Going to college gets you closer to the real world, kind of like climbing a tree gets you closer to the moon.

"...a nice illustration of what you get when skill, talent, and precedent are deducted from 'creativity.' " - James Howard Kunstler

I am a nothing crazy, team model hat guy, who prefers the structurless cap. I have a white sox franchise that is litterally a light brown from wear. It is my pride and joy, and it never leaves my head. Ironically, I am wearing it now.

You have a hat that you love and you're wearing it right now. That's not ironic.

I don't wear hats that much. If I do, I prefer authentic MLB caps, and that's about it. My favorite of all time was an Expos hat I bought in 97 or 98. By the time I retired it, it was pretty disgusting. It was my morning-class college hat, especially used during hangovers. Just plain nasty..

1 hour ago, ShutUpLutz! said:

and the drunken doodoobags jumping off the tops of SUV's/vans/RV's onto tables because, oh yeah, they are drunken drug abusing doodoobags

I've got small melon, 6 7/8- 7 so I found that the best hat for me is the Twins Enterprises "Franchise". It 's got a great mold to it, plus it's fitted and slightly washed and relaxed. I typically go for straight up team logos too, and theres are always clean and classic, even the fashion colors or alt. logos, so that works out great. Just wish I could find a store that sells the NHL versions.

Unless you're wearing an MLB on-field or BP cap, wouldn't all other caps be fashion? No other sport wears baseball caps during a game (except maybe football on the sidelines, and sometimes hockey in the runway leading to the bench), so that would really be the only true authentic cap. Everything else is fashion.

I wear a mixture of both fashion and authentic caps. I have a Twins "M", Braves home, Red Sox home and Indians home authentic 7 5/8 caps. I have a FlexFit Red Sox batting practice cap (very comfortable once borken in). I have a few Patriots caps, including all 3 Super Bowl caps, and an assortment of NHL, NCAA and AHL fashion caps.

Back-to-Back Fatal Forty Champion 2015 & 2016

Unless you're wearing an MLB on-field or BP cap, wouldn't all other caps be fashion? No other sport wears baseball caps during a game (except maybe football on the sidelines, and sometimes hockey in the runway leading to the bench), so that would really be the only true authentic cap. Everything else is fashion.

I wear a mixture of both fashion and authentic caps. I have a Twins "M", Braves home, Red Sox home and Indians home authentic 7 5/8 caps. I have a FlexFit Red Sox batting practice cap (very comfortable once borken in). I have a few Patriots caps, including all 3 Super Bowl caps, and an assortment of NHL, NCAA and AHL fashion caps.

yeah you're right. but i am talking team color basic logo. could be adjustable could be fitted, could be 59/50 could be twins.

OhioStateBuckeyesLightBanner.png by RoscoeUA

hailtothechief.png by gingerbreadman

i've got a titans flexfit had, that's just solid navy blue (actually a little purple now, as it's gotten faded) with the titans primary logo on the front... but i'm looking for a similar hat, in oiler blue. the back of it has the NFL shield, and the side has a reebok logo. unstructured.

i've got a flexfit dallas stars hat, by nike... it's solid black, with the stars primary on the front, a nike swoosh on the back... again, i'd like to have one just like it, but in green... structured...

and i've got a low profile authentic red sox gameday cap, by new era... but it's not very comfortable. i'm looking to buy an unstructured sox hat, instead. flexfit.... i'm looking at those with the secondary logo on the back, instead of the MLB logo.

Archived