Drunken Turtles Softball

pcgd

Me and some of my buddies are getting a softball team together. We mostly were all members of the same fraternity which was known as the Turtles. Our song started out: "Oooooo...I'm a drunken Turtle..." Hense the name.

I was inspired by the Cardinals "Birds on the bat" and definatly wanted a parody of that. I thought they turned out well. Not looking for color opinions but if you have them go ahead and say them. The team will determine which one we use. I personally like the white on green or the gold on green. Regular ol' heat seal names and numbers on the backs.

If anyone has any ideas on where to get these printed, I'm open to those ideas. I found a place online that would print them for under 10 a shirt, that included printing on the front, but no n/# (they wanted 7 bucks for that) We are looking for 20 shirts in sizes that go up to XXL.

Anyway...what do you think.

drunkenturtles.jpg

EDIT...somehow I forgot to give him a shell...Does it need one?

Awesome... :shocked:

Perfectly done. I don't think the missing shell is an issue - I probably wouldn't have noticed if you didn't mention it.

The white on green is best, mostly because I think it most clearly shows your great work.

Good point about the "T" needing to be changed so they are both the same - otherwise - perfect

Excellent stuff (minus moving the T anyway). FEAR THE DRUNKEN TURTLE.

Most Liked Content of the Day -- February 15, 2017, August 21, 2017, August 22, 2017     /////      Proud Winner of the CCSLC Post of the Day Award -- April 8, 2008

Originator of the Upside Down Sarcasm Smilie -- November 1, 2005  🙃

No, they don't need shells.

But they do need to have the T on the same side instead of being pure mirror-images of each other. On the turtle on the right, move the T over to his left chest and you're golden.

I agree, but furthermore, I don't think having mirror images otherwise is a good idea... this concept just doesn't lend itself to mirror images. I know it would be a lot more work, but I think it would be better if there was only one turtle, or two different poses. Maybe one could have his head down, passed out or something.

Since you mentioned the Cardinals birds on a bat logo, I think those "mirror" images (and they aren't exactly mirrored) work better because they are on a slant. Maybe putting your bat at a slant would improve this as well.

Also, I'm really glad you didn't use Cardinals/Terrapins colors.

AstrosTransitionsSig.gif

If you could get the third shirt as a short sleved T-Shrit, it would be perfect. Great job on the logo.

neonmatrix_leafs2.gif

Because Korbyn Is Colour Blind, My Signature Is Now Idiot Proof - Thanks Again Braden!!

Go Leafs Go!

As a fan of offbeat team nicknames (Montgomery Biscuits), I absolutely love these. Great idea using a baseball bat for the bar.

I think a little turtle shell would really help to make them look more like turtles. I can't see it being too much trouble.

stoneraizersig.jpg

You have Nailed the softball logo look, then moved it up a notch. Nice.

You mentioned your shirt place wanted to charge $7 for backs, but since they are softball t-shirts you could just take the finished shirts and go to a shirt shop. Get those slick, big numbers on the back for a couple bucks. Just to authenticate the things.

Archived