Milwaukee Bucks Concept

Ben5

After reading the thread on the Bucks updating their look, I came up with these. Yes, that is a gradient. It an update of their old time jerseys with the 3 colors or green on the sides. I though "What's a modern update of that?" Bingo, here is it. Their is some darker green trim on these, but it is minimal.

bucksConcepts.gif

dont trick me like that again, i thought i was going to like this concept over what the bucks currently have, but i feel sick now. with those colors and the gradient, you have made what i think of as the worst jersey concept ever. lose the gradient, darken the green, add some silver, and change the jersey template and you're good. ouch, my eyes.

I think that the gradient is fine. It looks good in my opinion. What bothers me is the shade of green that you used. Darken up the green and maybe change that orange to red.

Glad to see one Ohio boy showing some love. Thanks FNZ51.

Okay, I have made a few changes. First, I darkened the green, and I do agree it looks better. Secondly I put a little silver in the logo. The numbers have a very thin silver outline too. The green on the gradient is the same shade as the rest of the jersey.

bucks2.gif

If you have anymore hate messages (or not-hate messages) send them my way.

Maybe darken the green a little more, and instead of the gradient on the side (think about how it would have to be reproduced on the fabric) just go with either the original or second version of green (so you'd have two-toned green.)

Maybe make some kind of logo for the belt-buckle area (not sure what that's called) and slap an NBA logo on the shoulder just for some realism.

eRay, your comment was way out of line and you owe BigBen an apology.

"The views expressed here are mine and do not reflect the official opinion of my employer or the organization through which the Internet was accessed."

Here's the story of the previous Milwaukee Bucks logo/uniform change from my days running NBA Creative Services back in the golden days of the NBA. (Ah where did we go wrong?)

Coach Mike Dunleavy worked with me when I re-designed the Bucks uniform back in 1992-93.

He had just taken over after guiding the LA Lakers to the NBA Finals. He sent me a t-shirt from Wimbledon with the colors of Hunter Green, Purple and Silver and asked me to use those colors instead of orange, dark green and charcoal grey silver we had been considering.

Dick Sakahara drew the Bucks head and I designed the lettering and the triangular shape.

http://www.dicksakahara.com/portfolio/sportsmascots1/

Dick is the most outstading logo artist in the business. His logos are graphically powerful and not the cartoony goofy stuff that has ruined many minor league identities today.

I like all your work. Keep going.

Tom O'Grady

Founder and President

Sports Branding Society of America

http://sportsbranding.blogspot.com/

Gameplan | A Strategy for Achieving an Objective.

ok, ok, im sorry big ben. my message was not intended to be taken in a bad way, i just thought you were on the right path, and really wanted you to fix up your idea. 'worst concept ever' is more of a figure of speech than a real claim. sorry, and just for the record, i like the newest version a lot more with just the change in green. still not feeling the gradient or "orange", but i like the silver added. i think you could look at old bucks jerseys from this time period, and take some hints from those on how to treat the sides of the jersey. sorry again, im an :censored: hole.

It's cool eRay. I really wasn't that offended. I made this knowing that the gradients probably would not be big hits. I will consider using a different orange and maybe trying different side panels.

Awesome story Tom. Dick Sakahara is very talented.

I may have another update up this evening.

Here we go again. Few more (obvious) changes. I changed the template, so now it's not the Nike jersey cut that a number of teams (Lakers, Mavs, Heat) currently use. Secondly, I added more silver trim and a silver colar. Most importantly, I lost the gradient and went with a more traditional design. C&C please.

bucks3.gif

Lovin the latest update, great job.

( I think you should've kept the collars how they were & the road's back name should be white, no biggie)

| BROWNS | BUCKEYES | CAVALIERS | INDIANS |

now that is what i have been waiting for. you have a winner here in my book. the new template is a lot better than the Heat jerseys IMO, and the sides now reference that gradient you had, but also reference the old jerseys. its a great look on those jerseys. only thing i would change (other than making road names white) is the collar, it looks either too wide, or too plain. maybe a little orange stripe on the home collar, and green on the away could fix that. nice set man.

Archived