Team Colors You Want To Come Back

TruColor

In terms of brown and gold, do you mean gold as in "yellow" or "metallic gold"? The only examples that come to mind is Wyoming (Brown & yellow) and the old WLAF San Antonio Riders ( brown & metallic gold).

Lehigh University (GRRRRR!!!) also uses brown and metallic gold (even though their teams were once officially (and still occasionally, unofficially) referred to as the Brown and White).

Most Liked Content of the Day -- February 15, 2017, August 21, 2017, August 22, 2017     /////      Proud Winner of the CCSLC Post of the Day Award -- April 8, 2008

Originator of the Upside Down Sarcasm Smilie -- November 1, 2005  🙃

• Replies 48
  • Created
  • Last Reply

I'd love to see a team go back to Royal Blue and Athletic Gold. And not just because of the Brewers, but because I think it's a sharp combination, and one that's disappeared from pro sports.

Every team that's worn it has gone darker (Mariners, Brewers, A's, Rams, Chargers, Warriors) or added a darker blue to it (Blues).

In terms of brown and gold, do you mean gold as in "yellow" or "metallic gold"? The only examples that come to mind is Wyoming (Brown & yellow) and the old WLAF San Antonio Riders ( brown & metallic gold). I'm with you on that, brown and yellow would work well for a western team....

Just found these today...I like 'em:

NebraskaWesleyanU_ATH_9999_SOL.jpg

In terms of brown and gold, do you mean gold as in "yellow" or "metallic gold"? The only examples that come to mind is Wyoming (Brown & yellow) and the old WLAF San Antonio Riders ( brown & metallic gold). I'm with you on that, brown and yellow would work well for a western team....

Wyoming went from yellow to a metallic vegas gold ("Wyoming Prairie Gold") in about 2000 or so.

20041224211928.jpeg

14.jpg

Western Michigan is also brown and gold except apparently in hockey they use(d) light blue and navy blue at some point:

westernmichigan.jpg

I think brown and gold is a good, underused scheme for sports. I don't know about anyone else, but when I think brown and gold, this is what I think of--

PR-LOGO1-UPS%20logo%20jpg.jpg

Visit my store on REDBUBBLE

MY favorite year for NHL jerseys was 90-91, back when the North Stars still wore green & yellow.

Many teams have changed since then, but looking over all those teams, the only one I would like to see go back are the Pittsburgh Penguins return to yellow instead of Las Vegas Gold.

Washington Capitals in red, white & blue is also a possiblity, but I don't feel that strong about it.

I'd like to see the Canucks do something different, but it doesn't have to be a return to their old colors.

HansonsSig.jpg

Click here to read Third String Goalie - The Hockey Jersey of the Day Blog

Click here to see my hockey and baseball jersey collection online

?You don?t like to see 20 kids punching 20 other kids. But it?s not a disgrace, It?s hockey.? - Michael Farber

Of course if anyone brought this up it would be me, but here's another example of blue and green!

hcmil96a.jpg

mil43_94a_f.jpg

"Every morning in Africa, a gazelle wakes up. It knows it must run faster than the fastest lion or it will be eaten. Every morning in Africa, a lion wakes up. It knows it must outrun the slowest gazelle or it will starve. It doesn't matter whether you're a lion or a gazelle. When the sun comes up, you'd better be running." - Unknown | 🌐 Check out my articles on jerseys at Bacon Sports 🔗
spacer.png

Of course if anyone brought this up it would be me, but here's another example of blue and green!

mil43_94a_f.jpg

I still miss that jersey.

shysters_sm.jpg

"One of my concerns is shysters show up and take advantage of people's good will and generosity".

waaaay off topic... but related kinda:

Wyoming went from yellow to a metallic vegas gold ("Wyoming Prairie Gold") in about 2000 or so.

20041224211928.jpeg

is that a budweiser tattoo on the guy on the right? now thats advertising

The Eagles old kelly green and silver w/ black trim. That was unique and sharp, unlike the 8 silvers and 4 blacks they currently use.

"The views expressed here are mine and do not reflect the official opinion of my employer or the organization through which the Internet was accessed."

Dr. Kelso: My son is a big baseball fan. Not so much playing it, but more the designing and sewing of uniforms.

Tyler: That's neat.

Dr. Kelso: No, it's not.

i would like to see the pistons wear their green alternate from the 1997 season (i think). i dont wanna see them change their whole uniforms but maybe wear that throwback or make an alternate which their current templet using that colorway. that would be cool.

newsig.jpg

-The Few, The Proud, The Paint Users.-

My top three:

(1) San Diego Chargers royal blue and yellow/gold

(2) New York Mets royal blue and orange with blue shoes (eliminate black altogether)

(3) Los Angeles Kings purple and gold (pre-Gretzky)

Lakers Dodgers Angels Kings Dolphins Galaxy Liverpool FC UC Santa Barbara USC Trojans UNLV Rebels

color combos that should be used or at least used more:

a dark maroon and Teal, look at them together, they are awesome

with each other.

Navy Blue and Teal

Dark green and light blue

Teal and Gold

Purple and Orange

Silver and Red

Teal and Yellow

Teal Yellow Navy

Black and Green

Teal and White

I like teal.

PvO6ZWJ.png

For football: The Washington Huskies (U-Dub) should bring back the royal purple with the orangish-gold brushed helmets. The bluish purple and shiny gold are not nearly as distictive - and the font needs to be swiched back. As an alternative, I always thought the Huskies could borrow from the 49ers and add a dark trim color (dark dark purple, not black) and copy that uni, like Iowa and the Steelers look.

Basketball: The Sonics are perfect, but the Sixers should switch back to red, white, and blue and have a simple jersey that says "SIXERS" at home and possibly "Philadelphia" or "Philly" on the road, with mirror image blue alts.

Hockey: Bring back the royal blue Oilers jerseys with red shoulders.

hcmil96a.jpg

Thought of that one, but unlike the others it wasn't royal and green, but navy and green.

The Brewers from 1994-1995 used green to a large degree, incorporating green piping on the roads, green belts, the green bill on that road cap, and a shade of greenish-gray for the uniforms themselves.

How bout the Champagne, Plumb and Columbia Blue of the USFL's Michigan Panthers. Nobody to my knowlege has used it since. I hope nobody does it was one of a kind.

My favorite color scheme of all-time:

MichiganPanthers_FRC_1984_SOL.jpg

Archived