Mighty Ducks Alternates: not black!

TSM

Sorry. Maybe ovestating the obvious.

I grew up in a time when the NHL was a really great product to watch for the graphics. And the cool uncluttered uniforms. And NO signage obliterating one's ability to watch the friggin game...

The only thing cluttering up the game is the advertisments on the ice and boards. The jerseys are fine, the logos are fine, but I'll agree if you are refering to the advertisments.

neonmatrix_leafs2.gif

Because Korbyn Is Colour Blind, My Signature Is Now Idiot Proof - Thanks Again Braden!!

Go Leafs Go!

• Replies 64
  • Created
  • Last Reply

It's overdone. When every team has a black alt regardless of whether or not black is a team color, it gets to be pretty tired. Even when it is, it's just not necessary, like the Sharks and Blackhawks. Their teal and red, respectively, look so good, there's no point in taking appearances away from them.

♫ oh yeah, board goes on, long after the thrill of postin' is gone ♫

Am I the only one on the face of the earth that thought that jersey owned????

I loved it! And still do! :)

i know one thing, that would have been great if not for the lettering they went with...numbers and names are meant to be legible, is it not? although many would beg to differ with ya, the font was the only weakness of Wild Wing.

homes, you aint alone.

I once saw a jersey on eBay that used the Lightning's old brush-stroke font for the numbering instead of the actual illegible hoo-hah the Ducks used. Made for a major improvement.

That Wild Wing jersey is sooooo 90s. But I've gotta side with those who have a soft spot for it.

Also, a few months back on here, somebody recolored the Ducks' black alt and made the primary color jade. That thing didn't just own - it pwned.

its like sooooo ugly that uve just got to love it

its like when u go to pick up a puppy from the pound u always pick the little ugly one.... i dont know how to compare it better, sry

It's overdone. When every team has a black alt regardless of whether or not black is a team color, it gets to be pretty tired. Even when it is, it's just not necessary, like the Sharks and Blackhawks. Their teal and red, respectively, look so good, there's no point in taking appearances away from them.

I disagree. The blackhawks 3rd jersey is easily one of the classiest lookng jerseys in the league. Not to take away from the home and road, which are both great as well, but the Hawks 3rd is excellent.

Plus saying every team has a black alt is stretching it.

Anaheim, Calgary, Chicago, Ottawa, and San Jose are the only black alternate jerseys. 5 teams.

Even if you count Boston, Buffalo, Philly, Tampa Bay, and Washington who use black homes. That's still just 10 teams with a primarily black jersey.

To Beesharps: Indeed. Those were the nicest Anaheim jerseys.

Personally, I think Toronto needs to flat out ditch their current duds and go all out in the 3rd jersey style. Mke that their road and get an all blue one for the home. That is one of the greatesst NHL logos right there.

Anaheim, in my own opinion, is the poster child for what NOT to do when it comes to jerseys. Out of the 6 they've had, not one of them has been I've ever thought of buying, and I've bought several jerseys from different teams. Hopefully their new stuff will be nicer.

[ncognito' date=Monday, May 8th, 2006 - 17:02:02]

I disagree. The blackhawks 3rd jersey is easily one of the classiest lookng jerseys in the league. Not to take away from the home and road, which are both great as well, but the Hawks 3rd is excellent.

Anaheim, Calgary, Chicago, Ottawa, and San Jose are the only black alternate jerseys. 5 teams.

Even if you count Boston, Buffalo, Philly, Tampa Bay, and Washington who use black homes. That's still just 10 teams with a primarily black jersey.

Personally, I think Toronto needs to flat out ditch their current duds and go all out in the 3rd jersey style. Mke that their road and get an all blue one for the home. That is one of the greatesst NHL logos right there.

You forgot Dallas

[ncognito' date=Monday, May 8th, 2006 - 17:02:02]

You forgot Dallas

I left Dallas out because now the Mooterus is officially retired.

The Ducks current rank in the the top two of the league in my opinion. It's a shame they do have to change. I have owned either a replica or authentic version of each jersey they've ever had except for the jade alternate from 1998. I love them. The colors and striping on the current set are fantastic.

The only team who's jerseys are better, IMO, and I consider to be the best jerseys PERIOD, are the Washington Capitals current set.

--Roger "Time?" Clemente.

champssig2.png
Follow me on Twitter if you care: @Animal_Clans.

My opinion may or may not be the same as yours. The choice is up to you.

The only team who's jerseys are better, IMO, and I consider to be the best jerseys PERIOD, are the Washington Capitals current set.

Washington? Seriously?

I wouldn't think you were on crack if they still had the blue jerseys they used when they first switched from the clowsuits. But now they have that black monstrosity. BLEH.

Buy some t-shirts and stuff at KJ Shop!

KJ Branded | Behance portfolio

POTD 2013-08-22

On 7/14/2012 at 2:20 AM, tajmccall said:

When it comes to style, ya'll really should listen to Kev.

Washington? Seriously?

I wouldn't think you were on crack if they still had the blue jerseys they used when they first switched from the clowsuits. But now they have that black monstrosity. BLEH.

Ssshhh. Mention the blue, black and bronze in Washington and people will think you're talking about the Wizards.

And we don't want to open that Pandora's Box.

<_<

Back-to-Back Fatal Forty Champion 2015 & 2016

I disagree; it's gotta be Phoenix, IMO.

Dragons.gifPreds.gifTitans.gifSonics.gif

Crests.gif

i still have to laugh every time i'm at the pond and see a grown man wearing the "wild wing" 3rd jersey. i've definetly seen a few a game throughout the playoffs.

oh yeah, and thank you bowld, for fixing the misspelling of bryz's name in your sig. ^_^

Whoops.

So 11. Still not a whole lot.

You don't think 11 teams wearing black jerseys in a 30 team league is kind of a lot?

Otherwise we'd have even more teams with Red and Blue and everything. Black will go with most anything, and those teams all have their individual colors mixed in with the black, so no it's really not all that bad IMO.

Archived