Bad Football Kits

cackers

thanks for the link, and :welcome:

I gotta say it, though they got on there that Mexico shirt that was actually the best they ever had IMO (among others I didn't think were bad at all), neither of those Stoke shirts (and by extension that ugly Doncaster tiedye) are worthy of Ali Dia, let alone Ronaldo :hockeysmiley: and that Shrews shirt looks like somebody had two too many at Mardi Gras.

the Middlesbrough one's interesting, looks like the Finns should be wearing it. the second Hartlepool shirt actually looks like something I'd do if I'd thought of it first. I'm gonna put Atletico on blast, though (and I think I did when these were posted here the first time), those were made for an anniversary IIRC. As Arsenal's shown us, there are far better ways to honor club history than eating pasta, using everybody's shirts as dishrags and then wearing em for the game :D

2016cubscreamsig.png

A strong mind gets high off success, a weak mind gets high off bull🤬

I'm surprised the 2002 Nigeria kits don't make it.

When they were originally designed, I believe they were lime green with white trim, numbers, and name. If that's not fugly, I don't know what is.

LvZYtbZ.png

Discriminhater, what about the ABA Mexico alternate (which, I think, was worn by the youth team)?

http://www.geocities.com/dropa20getaguaya/UGmex.html

I also don't like any of the West Germany kits from 1990 to 1994 -- blending green with black, red, and yellow stripes except for the green/white pattern worn in the 1990 World Cup.

Now, when Germany went to just green and white with just a hint of black, red, and yellow, that's great.

Another naff kit they left out was The Ugliest Sports Uniform in history:

The Caribous of Colorado!

http://home.att.net/~nasl/jerseys/Caribous_1978.gif

I mean, fringe?

Yeah, USA 1994 should have been on there. Also, FC Porto two years ago had those hemoglobin shirts. And of course, Year 1 of MLS except for my beloved DC United.

I think the reason why the 80s shirts look different may be some sort of FIFA directive that you have to have a predominant color -- except if you're double-striped like Juventus, Wigan, Barca, AC Milan, or Inter. You notice that there aren't any wicked-pattern shirts like the Celtic alternate of a few years ago. I think this was because of Jorge Campos' goalkeeper jerseys.

Field hockey has had the "solid shirt" rule for years.

I'm surprised the 2002 Nigeria kits don't make it.

When they were originally designed, I believe they were lime green with white trim, numbers, and name. If that's not fugly, I don't know what is.

Just the Nike ones. Oddly enough, the Nigerian women came to the USA in 2003 with white and lime second-change strip from Nike and an emerald green first-change. They are wearing Adidas this year -- men and women. And it's the color of the flag.

Note also that South Korea is no longer hot pink and grey; they're back to red.

Note also that South Korea is no longer hot pink and grey; they're back to red.

^_^ LOL, can anyone get a picture of that?

sian1008200408121119441.jpg

This is the pink jersey with gray shorts.

2499190412.jpg

This is the redder jersey for 2006.

I have that pink Juve jersey, i have 2 of them blank (don't know why i got two from my dad). I get compliments on that jersey, chicks dig it....and hey if it gets the girls to come and give you compliments, then your doing something right.

LETS GO PENGUINS!

5x Stanley Cup Champions

I used to own the "Liverpool 1" jersey with the grey diamonds that fade to white. I sold it on ebay to a guy in Hong Kong for a small fortune.

How I wish I would have picked up that Arsenal disaster when I had the chance...

I once saw a guy in town with one that he told me he got at Goodwill for 50¢! Lucky bastard!

HansonsSig.jpg

Click here to read Third String Goalie - The Hockey Jersey of the Day Blog

Click here to see my hockey and baseball jersey collection online

?You don?t like to see 20 kids punching 20 other kids. But it?s not a disgrace, It?s hockey.? - Michael Farber

I have that pink Juve jersey, i have 2 of them blank (don't know why i got two from my dad). I get compliments on that jersey, chicks dig it....and hey if it gets the girls to come and give you compliments, then your doing something right.

That pink is Juve's original color by the way. They played the first few years in pink, then sendt someone to England to get a new kit. He couldn't find a pink one, so he bought a set of Newcastle shirts.

So the pink shirts may be ugly but throwback, not bad fashion.

The grey Man United Shirts were worn for exactly one half. The team played pitifully and took it out on the shirts. Mild-mannered team captain Denis Irwin ripped his off in disgust and the team changed into their white shirts.

"We root for the laundry"

(Jerome Seinfeld)

Archived