Barry Bonds hits #714

bterreson

• Replies 46
  • Created
  • Last Reply

I cant believe he finally hit 714*. I havent seen the highlights yet so i dont know this but did the fans boo him because the giants were in oakland which is pretty close to San Fran. Also the person who cought the ball did he throw it back?

I cant believe he finally hit 714. I havent seen the highlights yet so i dont know this but did the fans boo him because the giants were in oakland which is pretty close to San Fran. Also the person who cought the ball did he throw it back?

Fixed

san-francisco-giants-cap.jpgsanfranciscob.gifArizonaWildcats4.gifcalirvine.jpg
BEAR DOWN ARIZONA!

2013/14 Tanks Picks Champion

Like the US refused to recognize the People's Republic of China as ligit until the 1970's, I refuse to recongnize Bonds tying Ruth's record. He cheated. Plain and simple. He even admitted to taking steroids. He also said he wasn't aware that he was taking steroids. Whether that's true or not, it dosn't make a difference. He took steroids, he cheated.

How anyone can continue to defend him beyond me. It's just a shame that he'll probablly get away with cheating to break the records of two of baseball's greatest players.

714** Indeed

Also the person who cought the ball did he throw it back?

If he did, he wins the dumbest person in America award for 2006.

Oh, and that Babe picture is one of the funniest things I have seen this week. I wonder if SI will get any flack over that.

PopHeading-1.gif

Why he wouldn't get that much for the ball considering Bonds memorablia isn't selling for a high amont anymore. Plus MLB is not authenticating the ball so he will have little proof the ball is actually 714.

Why he wouldn't get that much for the ball considering Bonds memorablia isn't selling for a high amont anymore. Plus MLB is not authenticating the ball so he will have little proof the ball is actually 714.

I am sure he will get a good penny from it. And ESPN already said the name of the guy who caught it, so as long as the guy can verify he is the same person it will be offical.

PopHeading-1.gif

I refuse to recongnize Bonds tying Ruth's record. He cheated. Plain and simple. He even admitted to taking steroids. He also said he wasn't aware that he was taking steroids. Whether that's true or not, it dosn't make a difference. He took steroids, he cheated.

Steriods weren't against the rules in baseball up until last season, so Bonds' homeruns are legitiment. Regardless of what you think of steriods, anyone in the sport could have taken them too, including his opposing pitchers. Now if MLB tests him after today's game and it comes back positive, then by all means call him a cheater. If not, be quiet.

teams-1.png

I refuse to recongnize Bonds tying Ruth's record. He cheated. Plain and simple. He even admitted to taking steroids. He also said he wasn't aware that he was taking steroids. Whether that's true or not, it dosn't make a difference. He took steroids, he cheated.

Steriods weren't against the rules in baseball up until last season, so Bonds' homeruns are legitiment. Regardless of what you think of steriods, anyone in the sport could have taken them too, including his opposing pitchers. Now if MLB tests him after today's game and it comes back positive, then by all means call him a cheater. If not, be quiet.

They were against the law though. Besides, when all is said and done, Bonds needed steroids (an illegal substance) to get his numbers, while Rurth and Aaron did it clean.

Now its time to sit and wait for Babe Ruth to rise from the grave and sign with the Yank's to protect his record from being passed. Also, he will want to sample all the new kinds of beer they have now.

neonmatrix_leafs2.gif

Because Korbyn Is Colour Blind, My Signature Is Now Idiot Proof - Thanks Again Braden!!

Go Leafs Go!

WRONG!!!!!! Baseball banned the use of steroids shortly after the federal government made them illegal. In June of 1991 the sent a memo out setting the drug policy. Even stating the penalties for being caught could include banishment. Steroids were even explicitly mentioned in the memo. MLB even sent another memo out in 1997 to re-enforce the 1991 memo. The thing was that there wasn't testing until 2003, but they were illegal. Thus if anything is found out in MLB's investigation from prior than 2003 those players can be punished.

memosPOP_1991_1.jpg

memosPOP_1991_2.jpg

http://sports.espn.go.com/espn/eticket/story?page=steroids

Besides even if MLB didn't ban them they were illegal to use in the United States which would make them illegal in baseball.

Archived