Magenta in Action

B-Rich

The more and more I look at those Sun magenta jerseys, the more and more I want one. I don't know what it is...I just love 'em. I've never seen another jersey like it.

Good luck. You can't find that color anywhere in the Russell, Rawlings, or Champion catalogues. And it's just as well!

• Replies 57
  • Created
  • Last Reply

The PANTONE color I estimated for the Sun's logo/uniforms is 248 C. Process Simulation of Cyan-40, Magenta-100, Yellow-0, Black-2.

The closest PANTONE Textile (cotton) match to 248 C is 18-2929 TC ("Purple Wine").

The more and more I look at those Sun magenta jerseys, the more and more I want one. I don't know what it is...I just love 'em. I've never seen another jersey like it.

Good luck. You can't find that color anywhere in the Russell, Rawlings, or Champion catalogues. And it's just as well!

Dreams be dashed!

:cursing:

However, if there's a way - I'll find it. Even if I gotta t-shirt jersey it!

I actually saw a Sun jersey for sale on eBay a couple of years ago, and it was the Magenta home - an original made by Sand-Knit. I was oh so tempted, but it wasn't my size, so I took a pass.

On 1/25/2013 at 1:53 PM, 'Atom said:

For all the bird de lis haters I think the bird de lis isnt supposed to be a pelican and a fleur de lis I think its just a fleur de lis with a pelicans head. Thats what it looks like to me. Also the flair around the tip of the beak is just flair that fleur de lis have sometimes source I am from NOLA.

PotD: 10/19/07, 08/25/08, 07/22/10, 08/13/10, 04/15/11, 05/19/11, 01/02/12, and 01/05/12.

• 2 weeks later...

I think I finally found uniforms that are more jarring/trippy:

06.12_Update.jpg

yeah... the Atlanta Xplosion of the Independent Women's Football League.

Although even these don't look as effeminate as the Sun.

There are only a few teams who have ever looked more effeminate...

tn_angie_everhart_hands_off.jpg

oh ,my god ,i strong recommend you to have a visit on the website ,or if i'm the president ,i would have an barceque with the anthor of the articel .

• 2 weeks later...

These uniforms may be on the wild side, but that's what they thought they needed to compete with NFL. I like em (for the time). I did a concept of a modern day Sun jersey.

By the way, don't forget the colors of the NFL's two new expansion teams (Buc's and Seahawks) in 1976(?). Wonder what might have influenced them?

CLHEL2.png

• 6 months later...

Gentlemen, start your bidding!

And start quickly. This one wraps up at 5:20pm Central today.

For all the bird de lis haters I think the bird de lis isnt supposed to be a pelican and a fleur de lis I think its just a fleur de lis with a pelicans head. Thats what it looks like to me. Also the flair around the tip of the beak is just flair that fleur de lis have sometimes source I am from NOLA.

PotD: 10/19/07, 08/25/08, 07/22/10, 08/13/10, 04/15/11, 05/19/11, 01/02/12, and 01/05/12.

Well, I bid $140 with 25 seconds left.

Bidding ended at $348.67. Holy hell.

ThegreatestBear.jpg

We had something almost as bad Down Under.

This guy, Roger Merrett was one of the roughest toughest players in a tough era.

And every week he had to to wear this junk.

11CHAMPION_narrowweb__200x266.jpg

This one doesn't quite do it justice, because you can't really see how Hot Pink-Magenta it was.

But it was.

Oh, and I've got a site.

Footy Jumpers Dot Com

Archived