Magenta in Action

B-Rich

Ah yes, the seventies-- long hair, glam rock, and wild uniform colors. The unis and colors that perhaps best define that era (or error, to some) were the magenta and orange of the Southern California Sun. Horrifying, yet attractive. Like a car wreck, I shouldn't watch... yet, I can't seem to turn away:

Haden2.jpgHaden3.jpgHaden1.jpg

Suns.jpg

Your thoughts?

It is what it is.

• Replies 57
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Imagine if THAT had been the Bucs' color scheme when they were first introduced in '76. Red and orange, magenta and orange...

meh...

some team played football in those, huh?

(Trying to come up with more words but finding self speechless...)

*Disclaimer: I am not an authoritative expert on stuff...I just do a lot of reading and research and keep in close connect with a bunch of people who are authoritative experts on stuff. 😁

|| dribbble || Behance ||

Those have to be some of the most effeminate-looking uniforms I've ever seen in my life.

What else did you expect from the Seventies? That was the decade that brought Burger King colors (brown and orange) into our living rooms, McDonalds (yellow and orange) to our fashion world, leisure suits with white belts and shoes...oh, and collard wide enough to drive an 18-wheeler through. :D

NorthernColFightingWhites4.GIF

Ah yes, the seventies-- long hair, glam rock, and wild uniform colors. The unis and colors that perhaps best define that era (or error, to some) were the magenta and orange of the Southern California Sun. Horrifying, yet attractive. Like a car wreck, I shouldn't watch... yet, I can't seem to turn away:

Haden2.jpgHaden3.jpgHaden1.jpg

Suns.jpg

Your thoughts?

Wow....just wow.

I'd rock one of those jerseys. Those are awesome - seriously.

Holy moly. Shouldn't these be in the "ugliest jersey ever" thread?

Shall we chalk this up to a bizarre trend in 70's design, or the WFL contracting with design firms staffed exclusively by crazy people?

Those have to be some of the most effeminate-looking uniforms I've ever seen in my life.

What else did you expect from the Seventies? That was the decade that brought Burger King colors (brown and orange) into our living rooms, McDonalds (yellow and orange) to our fashion world, leisure suits with white belts and shoes...oh, and collard wide enough to drive an 18-wheeler through. :D

Thank God I was waaaaaay too young to remember any of the 1970's (born in 1979) ;)

QPR%20Sig.png

Ah...the WFL. I watched as many of those games on TV as I could back in the day.

Loved the Portland Storm, and certainly, the Southern California Sun. Magenta and Orange...at least they were different.

Anthony Bell was the "star" RB.

"My eyes my eyes the goggles do nothing"-Reiner Wolfcastle as Radioactive Man

Was that a practice game or were all ther games that well attended. :D

pissinonbobsmall.jpg

Giving money and power to government is like giving whiskey and car keys to teenage boys.

P. J. O'Rourke

I think puckguy just had a heart attack

now who didnt see that coming like a steve perry-geddy lee-chris creamer love-in?

what are you trying to say ICS? Chris was part of Journey in another life? :P

combined with the orange pants those things are one of the brightest unis i have every seem. f they were playing on tv i would adjust my tv set over and over untill i can only watch the game in black and white without hurting my eyes

Maybe they got some NFL surplus, i.e. the Vikes equipment guy bleached the jerseys by mistake and the Buccaneers sold off some of their practice pants. Oh, wait, the Bucs weren't around yet. Maybe they got their pants from these guys? ;-)

92512B20-6264-4E6C-AAF2-7A1D44E9958B-481-00000047E259721F.jpeg

Archived