Jazz bringing back the mountains?

Tazz013

I found these on Eastbay.  They look similar to what the Jazz have wore in the past, but there are some major differences in the colors, mountains, and the logos.

What are the differences? They look exactly like the mid 90s shorts. And if the Jazz were going to use these for next year, I would assume it would have the adidas logo, not the Reebok logo.

Smart is believing half of what you hear. Genius is knowing which half.

I was watching on ESPN Classic Bulls vs. Jazz from either '97 or '98 I don't remember, but the Jazz's old jerseys were way better than their current threads. The top was cool, with the mountains, and the asymmetry on the shorts with the mountains and the UJ looked good. They shouldn't have ditched this look. Either that or go back to the music note J. Now that was a creative logo and the jerseys looked good too.

I found these on Eastbay.  They look similar to what the Jazz have wore in the past, but there are some major differences in the colors, mountains, and the logos.

What are the differences? They look exactly like the mid 90s shorts. And if the Jazz were going to use these for next year, I would assume it would have the adidas logo, not the Reebok logo.

1) The UJ and snowflake logos don't have the half inch wide white outline

2) The blue shading on the mountains doesn't continue all the way to the edge of the white

3) The colors match their current colors more so than those of the late '90s.

Original link

These look like they were photoshopped, so don't read too much into the Reebok logo.

Save the slugalo.

I always thought the team should change the name. The New Orleans Jazz makes sense. What exactly is jazzy about Utah, I don't know. Teams named after a theme of their area, IE the Dallas Cowboys, Houston Texans. If the Houston Texans moved to LA; now would they be the LA Texans?

Maybe the..Utah Mormons? Utah Osmonds?

I always thought the team should change the name.  The New Orleans Jazz makes sense.  What exactly is jazzy about Utah, I don't know.  Teams named after a theme of their area, IE the Dallas Cowboys, Houston Texans.  If the Houston Texans moved to LA; now would they be the LA Texans?

Maybe the..Utah Mormons?  Utah Osmonds?

They were the New Orleans Jazz from 1974-75 to 1978-79, then they moved to Utah but never changed their name.

Save the slugalo.

3)  The colors match their current colors more so than those of the late '90s.

I'm pretty sure the bronze and teal match the 90s colors more than the colors they wear now. There is no navy in those shorts. These aren't new shorts.

These are retail authentic shorts that were made three years ago by Reebok.

Smart is believing half of what you hear. Genius is knowing which half.

I always thought the team should change the name. The New Orleans Jazz makes sense. What exactly is jazzy about Utah, I don't know.

HAY GUYS THEY SHOULD SWITCH NAMES WITH TEH LAKERS SO IT WOULD BE PREFECT

♫ oh yeah, board goes on, long after the thrill of postin' is gone ♫

I always thought the team should change the name.  The New Orleans Jazz makes sense.  What exactly is jazzy about Utah, I don't know.

Or the Hornets.

I always thought the team should change the name.  The New Orleans Jazz makes sense.  What exactly is jazzy about Utah, I don't know.

:lol:

i wanna know what that logo is at the top, ive never seen it before.

The basketball in the snowflake logo was used in their late 90's look. I think it was on the shorts, as it is on these shorts, but I'm positive it was painted on the floor under the hoop at the Delta Center. I got a good look at that floor while the Bulls were mopping the floor with them in 97 and 98 Finals. :D

"I mean why are they called the Utah Jazz they'res no jazz there, lol" is a close #3 behind "if the Senators and Bruins changed colors...." and "___ of Anaheim" as the worst discussion on this board.

♫ oh yeah, board goes on, long after the thrill of postin' is gone ♫

I always did like that mountain look, but it just doesn't work with a team name like Jazz.

Either bring back the musical note or change the name. The latter would be the best idea.

Utah Mountainmen?

Utah Slalomers?

Utah Peaks?

Utah Wasatch?

Utah Uintas?

Archived