Worst Uniform City in Sports

pflava

I love the Broncos look, but I have to agree with a few others. It has to be Denver.

Hell, add the NLL's Mammoth in there with their gradient. I like the Nuggets color scheme change, but the jerseys could be so much better. Rockies have one good jersey (sleeveless home). Avs jerseys suck.

IUe6Hvh.png

• Replies 43
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Definitely Phoenix. Cardinals used to be nice but are now terrible. The Diamonbacks have always looked bad, the Suns look silly, and the Coyotes are just boring. I miss the Picasso coyote.

Philadelphia is pretty bad too, but could be better if every team just switched to what they were wearing in 1983. We'd have the kelly Eagles, the maroon Phillies, the orange Flyers and the "PHILA" Sixers.

1 hour ago, ShutUpLutz! said:

and the drunken doodoobags jumping off the tops of SUV's/vans/RV's onto tables because, oh yeah, they are drunken drug abusing doodoobags

Vancouver. The Canucks have had more bad uniforms than most 4-sport cities. The sad part is, when the Grizzlies were there, the Canucks were the best-dressed team in town.

Too true... and the Lions with their bright orange unis + white helmet combo isn't helping... I don't care if it's 'retro' it looks awful.

bclionssm.jpg

Vancouver_Canucks.jpg

BigCOuntryVan2.jpg

---

Chris Creamer
Founder/Editor, SportsLogos.Net

"The Mothership" • News • Facebook • X/Twitter • Instagram

I think Atlanta was mentioned because of the Falcons and Thrashers. At least, that's why I mentioned them. The Falcons took one of the greatest logos of all time and runied it, and in the process botched some potentially great uniforms (with a can't-miss color combo) by going with a silly trend that will look dated in 5 years. The Thrashers look has been a mess since day one.

The Braves uniforms are timeless classics, and I think the Hawks look good (as long as they stay away from those yellow things).

Oh, and good call on Vancouver - if the Grizzlies were still there, in those teal monstrosities, they would win (lose?) this thing hands down.

Vancouver_Canucks.jpg

God, those original uniforms were gorgeous. I still don't understand why they destroyed that.

indians4.png

"You could put an empty orange helmet on the 50-yard line at Cleveland Browns Stadium and 50,000 fans would show up to stare at it."

-Terry Pluto

I think Toronto.

Blue Jays - Mostly black and gray, horrible beveled letter font, very SMALL mix of blue in with black (and I hate the combo of black and blue.)

Raptors - Getting better, but they had nowhere to go but up.

Maple Leafs - Kind of boring. I know it's classic, but I don't like the full team name on the leaf, or the boring blue and white.

Argos - Not bad now... but, again, they had nowhere to go but up recently. Though it is kind of too close to the Titans.

That being said... I've been wearing a Jays hat around for the past week.

Wow. The Jays are pretty much the only Toronto team with an objectionable uniform.

I gotta go with Minnesota. The Vikings purple and gold combo is pretty bad and the Twins have some pretty hideous jerseys, especially the gray with the pinstripes. The only Minnesota team with decent jerseys are the Wild.

yankeesbanner3xe5.jpg

WOW! :blink: You guys complain over the smallest things. No team jersey is ever going to be perfect. If one person likes a jersey, I guarantee you someone else is goin to hate the same jerseys.

MetsChiefsEspnSig.gif

College sports as we know them are just about dead. The lid is off on all the corruption that taints just about every major program and every decision that the schools or the NCAA make is only about money, money, and more money. We'll have three 16+ team super-conferences sooner rather than later, killing much of the regional flair and traditional rivalries that make college sports unique and showing the door to any school that doesn't bring money to the table in the process. Pretty soon the smaller schools are going to have to consider forming their own sanctioning body to keep the true spirit of college sports alive because the NCAA will only get worse in it's excess from here

I think Atlanta was mentioned because of the Falcons and Thrashers. At least, that's why I mentioned them. The Falcons took one of the greatest logos of all time and runied it, and in the process botched some potentially great uniforms (with a can't-miss color combo) by going with a silly trend that will look dated in 5 years. The Thrashers look has been a mess since day one.

The Braves uniforms are timeless classics, and I think the Hawks look good (as long as they stay away from those yellow things).

Oh, and good call on Vancouver - if the Grizzlies were still there, in those teal monstrosities, they would win (lose?) this thing hands down.

I live in Atlanta, and I've always thought their old logo was boring. The new logo at least looks more up-to-date. I like the new jerseys, too. Apparently, the Arizona Cardinals and NC State liked it enough to closely resemble in their uniforms.

WOW! :blink: You guys complain over the smallest things. No team jersey is ever going to be perfect. If one person likes a jersey, I guarantee you someone else is goin to hate the same jerseys.

Well no duh. It's called opinion. <_< Everyone has one.

NYCFC - MLS CUP CHAMPIONS - 2021

I don't know why Atlanta got mentioned. One crappy Alternate is enough to make it the worst city in the world for sports looks? Please.

No but add the Falcons and Thrashers to the mix and Atlanta is in the top 5...speaking of which...

It's difficult to come up with a three sport city where every uniform is bad but the following come pretty close.

1. Phoenix. Almost the perfect storm of bad uniforms.

2. Denver. The Broncos and Rockies carried Denver to number two.

3. Atlanta. The Falcons are enough.

4. Minneapolis/St. Paul. The other three aren't awful (they aren't great either) but The Vikings new disasters put the Twin Cities on the list.

5. Philadelphia. The Sixers are awful and The Flyers need to wear orange. The Eagles are just boring.

BB52Big.jpg

I gotta go w/ Houston on this one only because the Astros current uniform styles and the team name doesnt match IMO,plus as history tell us this city has history of awful uniforms (IE Rockets 95-02?).

If you want to bring up old uniforms, I will bring up the white sox' shorts!

TEXASFIGHT.gifAstros-Sig.gifUntitled-1.gifAeros.gif

I think Atlanta was mentioned because of the Falcons and Thrashers.  At least, that's why I mentioned them.  The Falcons took one of the greatest logos of all time and runied it, and in the process botched some potentially great uniforms (with a can't-miss color combo) by going with a silly trend that will look dated in 5 years.  The Thrashers look has been a mess since day one.

I live in Atlanta, and I've always thought their old logo was boring. The new logo at least looks more up-to-date. I like the new jerseys, too. Apparently, the Arizona Cardinals and NC State liked it enough to closely resemble in their uniforms.

Agreed. Mostly everyone here agrees that it was an upgrade from what they had during the Dirty Bird era, though not as classic as the Bartowski era. So yeah, the fans here are satisfied, which is, imo, enough.

As for the Braves alternate, I will agree, that thing needs to be burned immediately.

1. Baltimore/Washington DC (Im combining the two because, well, I want to)

2. Denver (agreed that Avalanche save them from top spot)

3. Los Angeles

4. Buffalo (wouldve been #1 if Buff had a third team)

5. Philly (Good: Flyers, ruined by the alt logo. Bad: Phillies, Blech. Ugly: Sixers, just yuck)

What about LA is bad? Dodgers are great, Angels are great, Lakers are great. Do the Clips, Kings, and Ducks bring them down that much?

Ehhh its just mainly bias on my part. Plus i dont like that LA has a purple and yellow team, ugly imo, a team with the same name and colors as a team from another sport in the rival part of the state (but of course i dont know who wore purple and silver and black first), ive never liked red and royal as a color combo, anything Dodgers makes me cringe, and I dont consider the Ducks and Angels "Los Angeles" teams (please, dont go there).

The Scaramento Kings had the color scheme first, though the LA Kings had the name since before the NBA's Kings were even in California.

You used to hold me

Tell me that I was the best

Anything in this world I want

I could posses

All that made me want

Was all that I can get

In order to survive

Gotta learn to live with regrets

-President Carter

Purple is the color of royalty. So, that's probably why they both wear purple.

And no, the Sac Kings didn't have it first. The LA Kings wore purple and yellow (like the Lakers) up until the '80s.

Archived