MLB changes for 2007?

CubsFanBudMan

Hopefully I can have an answer for the red brick alt, or any new alt, in a couple of weeks. I'm going to go see my friend about getting some numbers added to some baseball jerseys then (once I get the Cal State Fullerton media guide), and he's got the 2007 Majestic catalog. Like I said before, he said it has the MLB stuff in the for next season, so we'll see.

Go Astros!

Go Texans!

Go Rockets!

Go Javelinas!

• Replies 209
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Out of the concepts everyone has done I don't really like any of them. I just think they all look very strange. Diamondbacks colors would make sense in the area, but I personally perfer the current colors. The Phillies colors look alright, but I don't really like how dark the shade is.

As for expanding the playoffs, I orginally liked the idea but am now against it. After reading a recent article in SI, I found a new reason not to like the idea. The more games you had the more innings need to be pitched. This shouldn't be a huge problem for vetern pitchers. However if I were a Tigers fan I would hate to overwork Verlander this season at the chance of ruining his career.

bbm i like the phils concept you did...just looks a little less "cartoony" to me than with the cherry. i wonder what that uni set would look like wiht a brick colored hat with the cap logo from before the current..the 70's/80's P. current uni--with darker red...and old hat, with the new "brick" color.

everton.png

With the Phils i'd prefer they go back to maroon but if brick red is the closest then i'd be happy with that. I'd also love to see the old cap logo used again.

For those saying the Brewers are going to go with a brick red alternate I don't think that's true because IIRC the owners are thinking very deeply about bringing back the 80s uniform set. (with a few modifications of course) Honestly i'd be shocked if they go with a brick red alt uniform.

Mr. Anti-leak (TOG) is doing nothing but leak on the UniWatch blog.

Among his claims:

A team will wear brick red next year other than the Astros.

YES. AN ALL IN IDENTITY CHANGE. ONE CARRY OVER HAT AND UNIFORM MARK.

The Cubs will bring back names on the back of their jerseys.

NOT TO SAY I TOLD YOU SO BUT I...

Another team is making a "minor change" compared to the brick red team. (Could be the Reds' navy, I suppose.)

REDS SOUND LIKE AN INTERESTING CHOICE. VESTS??? BE GONE??? NEVER KNOW>

At any rate, he's frustrated those at UW who don't know him with his teases while standing behind a "I don't leak" motto. Hmmm, those are leaks listed above in my book.

NOPE. NOT FRUSTRATED. HAPPY TO BE ALIVE.

Now, is he telling the truth? Or is he deliberately misleading? I'll let those of you with better investigating skills than me be the judge. I'm doing what I can to find out about the Cubs. I think it would be great if he ended up being the original source of leaked info. Might cut down on those trips to "Park Ave."

NO REASON TO BS THIS STUFF. CONFIDENTIALITY AGREEMENTS ON INTELLETUAL PROPERTY KEEPS THIS A NO BRAINER... CUBS NAMES ARE NOT INTELLECTUAL ANYTHING...

Here is some of his quote:

"No can do. No leaking. Viewed at MLB headquarters on Park Ave. A very nice change. Only concern is the Astros brick red has been proprietary to them until next season.

STILL TRUE.

IN NOVEMBER ALL WILL BE SOLVED. HANG IN THERE CUBSFANBUDMAN.

FYI- I'LL BUY YOU AN OLDSTYLE IF YOU'RE AROUND THE PARK THIS FRIDAY v. GIANTS.

IT'S NICE TO BE BACK.

T.

Have the Phillies learned NOTHING?!?!

timeline_1979.jpg

Also, I can't imagine that the Brewers would be allowed to have a brick Red uniform being in the same division as the Astros. Since the Astros have both home and away brick red uniforms, it creates an extra level of hassle for both teams to 'coordinate' their uniforms.

elbirdosjerseys-1-1.jpg

timeline_1979.jpg

Also, I can't imagine that the Brewers would be allowed to have a brick Red uniform being in the same division as the Astros. Since the Astros have both home and away brick red uniforms, it creates an extra level of hassle for both teams to 'coordinate' their uniforms.

IIRC the Phils only wore that monstrosity once or twice then abandoned it. I doubt any team these days are going to go with a single color uniform.

timeline_1979.jpg

Also, I can't imagine that the Brewers would be allowed to have a brick Red uniform being in the same division as the Astros.  Since the Astros have both home and away brick red uniforms, it creates an extra level of hassle for both teams to 'coordinate' their uniforms.

IIRC the Phils only wore that monstrosity once or twice then abandoned it. I doubt any team these days are going to go with a single color uniform.

I'm aware of the situation, but anything to harken that image should get a veto from the league offices.

elbirdosjerseys-1-1.jpg

STILL TRUE.

IN NOVEMBER ALL WILL BE SOLVED. HANG IN THERE CUBSFANBUDMAN.

FYI- I'LL BUY YOU AN OLDSTYLE IF YOU'RE AROUND THE PARK THIS FRIDAY v. GIANTS.

IT'S NICE TO BE BACK.

T.

Yeah.. Tom, I wrote that when you and I were going back and forth on the UW blog. You'll get no more of that from me... calmer is more my style. Guess I had a rough day. Plus, your info has proven to be valid so far, so the air of disbelief in my first post in this thread seems unwarranted.

Appreciate the Cubs tip. I can live with names on the back... as long as they put some better names on the back next year. Won't be there Friday, but maybe I'll take you up on that Old Style someday.

There's nothing that requires teams in the same division to have varying color schemes.

Besides, the complete lack of taste on the part of the Astros is not the problem of the other clubs, and they should not be penalized for it. :P

Also, I can't imagine that the Brewers would be allowed to have a brick Red uniform being in the same division as the Astros.  Since the Astros have both home and away brick red uniforms, it creates an extra level of hassle for both teams to 'coordinate' their uniforms.

There's nothing that requires teams in the same division to have varying color schemes.

Besides, the complete lack of taste on the part of the Astros is not the problem of the other clubs, and they should not be penalized for it. :P

I'm sure this has been discussed ad nausem here, so I hope it doesn't spark another debate.

I really love the Astros' current look. The regular home uni is pretty bad, but the all white with the red hat is top notch. I also love the look of the red jerseys with the black cap. I am indifferent on their logo, but I really like the colors.

HOWEVER... it isn't the Astros. The Astros should be orange and blue. Royal blue and green would be an awesome color combo, too, but I would be pretty pissed if my White Sox switched to it next year.

Besides that, why the hell would the Brewers make a brick alt with their current scheme when management is leaning towards bringing back the true Brewers look - royal and yellow?

OldRomanSig2.jpg

I can't see it being the Red Sox. That team and it's fan base REALLY embraces their tradition(it's why I became a Sox fan, actually). They're the only team that's used the same number font at home for 70 years- goes to show that these people like things to be the way they've always been. :P

"Hats for bats. Keep bats warm. Gracias"

I said the Red Sox because maybe their bringing back the Red hat that they wore during the 70's. :grin:

They did bring it back a few years ago for Sundays, but it went badly. I think they lost a few times in it and eliminated the caps.

And on the blind items (and I understand the need to withhold info for legal reasons, but don't say you have good info and then be a tease about it. It smacks of "Look at me! Look at me! I'm cool because I know something!"): it says the brick jerseys are a part of an "identity change". So unless you think the Phils, Reds, Padres, or whoever are chunking their current color schemes, none of those make sense. No team that has changed colors since 2001 make sense.

Angels, Rangers (back to emphasizing blue), Royals (eliminated the black, reemphasized royal), Blue Jays, Padres, Brewers, and Nationals.

And the traditionalists won't do it, so cross off the Tigers, Red Sox, Yankees, Dodgers, Giants, Cubs, and Cardinals.

And the Astros are already in brick.

Some teams "seem" to be more traditional-minded now than in the past and woudl probably stick with the same base color set at least, if not the whole general uniform: the Braves, Orioles, Reds, Pirates, Athletics, Mets (the royal and orange aren't going anywhere), White Sox, and Indians

Now, that leaves the Rockies, Diamondbacks, Marlins, Phillies (only because they don't seem afraid to mix it up), Devil Rays, Twins, and Mariners.

Go Astros!

Go Texans!

Go Rockets!

Go Javelinas!

Phillies (only because they don't seem afraid to mix it up),

How have the Phillies ever "mixed it up?" By changing uniforms once in 35 years?

"The views expressed here are mine and do not reflect the official opinion of my employer or the organization through which the Internet was accessed."

Well, maybe the Devil Rays is changing their name to the Tampa Bay Tarpons.

The throwback jersey is red and it's a more popular name than the Devil Rays.

If the Devil Rays change their name to Tarpons and use brick red in their color scheme for the 2007 season I will eat my Devil Rays hat and post pictures.

0iu0.gif

Seriously.

8QSKdCG.png

Archived