MLB changes for 2007?

CubsFanBudMan

Roger stole my thunder.

I was going to "guess" the Tribe as well. The Cavaliers have done well with their new look. It may be a way to tie the teams together as "Cleveland". Supposedly... the new AHL team may share the "Brick Red" or "Wine" with the Cavaliers as well.

During the 90s the tribe had all of these nylon pull-over windbreakers. I'm sure all teams had them. A dark red was available, it was pretty nice. They also sold onein yellow, dark green... etc... "Indians" was navy with white outline. It may also be a way to "tone down" the bright red faced Chief Wahoo.

• Replies 209
  • Created
  • Last Reply
I heard the Nationals will be wearing a white vest alternate jersey with the "DC" logo next year and replace the "W" on their caps with the DC logo, but I don't know if that's true or not. i hope they don't go with brick red.

The new owners have sworn that the Curly W is not going anywhere on their watch.

natsred.pngredskins.pngmaryland.pngcapitals.png

Names on the back of the Cubs unis is a great move.

Cubs unis look great with the names on the home, road and blue alternate.

The brick red rumor is also fun to ponder? Any more takers.

T.

You tell us, T-dot. It's your "rumor." You gave us the Cubs names early, why not the brick?

Give any thought to "leadersleak" as a name? :)

Braves, (also new ownership?) for whatever reason, that tomahawk seems dark to me and the red jersey is tough to swallow in an otherwise traditional look. Would a shift to brick look better? Probably not, but who knows.

I would be shocked and deeply saddened if the braves switched to brick red.....

Why change what isn't broken??

Nice Sig, except that Kovalchuk is an ass and should have had his wrist chopped by Adam Graves for that crap he pulled on Crosby.

If that were brick, I'd say it was possible, but it's not, so I won't.

OK... PANTONE calls it "San Diego Padres Red" at SSUR, so it's not brown, and it's certainly not Cincinnati Reds red... so maroon?

In which case, with apologies to PANTONE, I say "close enough" for this wild brick chase.

Just for fun, here's a quick mockup I did of what the Pads' brick alt could look like? Just a thought...

padres_alt.jpg

I still say the brewers are going with brick bp's:

brickbrewers.png

I'm really confused why people keep mentioning the Brewers as having a brick red uni. Yes, there technically is brick red in the logo but it is there only for the laces of the baseball and not supposed to be part of the main color scheme to my knowledge.

You might as well throw the Yankees in the mix because their logo is almost entirely red. Of course we all know that their main color scheme is blue and white. But it is the same things as saying the Brewers are going red, know what I mean?

I'm really confused why people keep mentioning the Brewers as having a brick red uni. Yes, there technically is brick red in the logo but it is there only for the laces of the baseball and not supposed to be part of the main color scheme to my knowledge.

You might as well throw the Yankees in the mix because their logo is almost entirely red. Of course we all know that their main color scheme is blue and white. But it is the same things as saying the Brewers are going red, know what I mean?

Nobody says that they have a brick red uniform, only that they have brick red as a secondary color.

When it is announced that a team will be adding brick red to their uniform, it only makes sense to discuss the only team besides the Astros that currently uses the color.

Know what I mean? :P

The brick red rumor is also fun to ponder? Any more takers.

It'll be a Yankee Doodle Dandy...

Now that would be interesting.... A team that's had red in their logo for years and years, but has always worn nothing but blue and white.... And a team that sells quite a lot of NY caps in colors besides blue (I see red ones quite a bit).

How about the Dodgers? While we're at it.... Red numbers for years, and nothing else.

I really like that Padres concept. That would be cool to see in action.

"The views expressed here are mine and do not reflect the official opinion of my employer or the organization through which the Internet was accessed."

Dr. Kelso: My son is a big baseball fan. Not so much playing it, but more the designing and sewing of uniforms.

Tyler: That's neat.

Dr. Kelso: No, it's not.

I'm sorry if I'm reiterating a previous post, since this is such a long thread, but why the Padres? They have no red at all in their color scheme.

Someone brought it up because the "swinging monk" they have has a dark red tunic on. I don't think it's them either, but I figured I'd conceptualize it.

I'm really confused why people keep mentioning the Brewers as having a brick red uni.

When it is announced that a team will be adding brick red to their uniform, it only makes sense to discuss the only team besides the Astros that currently uses the color.

Know what I mean? :P

The Angels also use a dark red that's as brick-like as anything the Brewers have in their logo. And the Angels wear it on their caps, not just their shoulder patches. The Brew crew is pretty awesome, but they're not the only non-Astros team with dark red that currently uses the color.

Or maybe I'm just being optimistic: I really hope the Brewers do not make brick a major color. Yes, there are dark red beers. But those are mainly Irish/British beers, and Milwaukee should be all about the great German and Czech beer, and that means gold, not red.

20082614447.png

The Angels also use a dark red that's as brick-like as anything the Brewers have in their logo. And the Angels wear it on their caps, not just their shoulder patches. The Brew crew is pretty awesome, but they're not the only non-Astros team with dark red that currently uses the color.

Or maybe I'm just being optimistic: I really hope the Brewers do not make brick a major color. Yes, there are dark red beers. But those are mainly Irish/British beers, and Milwaukee should be all about the great German and Czech beer, and that means gold, not red.

The article says "brick", not "dark red". The only two teams that currently have "brick" listed as a color are the Houston Astros and Milwaukee Brewers. As much as I want the Brewers to have a gold alternate, brick would look a lot less tacky.

Save the slugalo.

Alright, here's a few more. Some of these are out there, but let me know what you think:

Milwaukee Brewers

brews.jpg

I added the brick to the color scheme, basically eliminated the blue on the road, and added a gold/blue alt. I know gold alts can be death, but actually I don't mind this one too much...

Tampa Bay Devil Rays

drays.jpg

Ok ok, so they are Christmas colors, but it is a deep green and brick, so it's not exactly the Devils of the '80s here. I tried to find a nice balance between the two colors while making the brick the new dominant.

Philadelphia Phillies:

phils_home.jpg

phils_road.jpg

*yawn* I just replaced the red with brick. Got rid of the blue. The brick pinstripes look good, otherwise it looks about the same to me...

Thoughts?

I actually wouldn't mind if it was the phillies, and all they did was swap reds. I don't like the cherry. I always preferred the old, 70's phillies red.

indians4.png

"You could put an empty orange helmet on the 50-yard line at Cleveland Browns Stadium and 50,000 fans would show up to stare at it."

-Terry Pluto

Archived