Anybody see the new NFL ref's uniforms?

In 5..4..3..2..1

Well, this is terrible. I mean the only reason I even watch NFL games is to check out the sweet referee attire.

You really add a lot with your posts. I'm glad you're a useless member of this board. Honestly, why are you on here if you hate what people talk about in these threads...just because it doesn't interest you doesn't mean you're a hardass.

I find it amusing that what NFL referees wear actually conerns people.

I find it amusing you think you're funny.

Says the guy with the, "To one Mr. Barry Bonds: You can't spell 'fraud' without an 'f' and a 'u'" quote.

201160034_f4c2ccdd98_o.png228795922_2c1d682c64_o.png

• Replies 92
  • Created
  • Last Reply
OK, why ISN'T there a way to use the old pattern with new materials?

That's what I want to know. If they can make this striped pattern in it, there's no plausable explanation for not being able to make something classy in it.

I was being sarcastic. Of course there's a way to make the same stripes on the new materials.

Uniforms look alright in action, I think.

That said, I agree... somewhat. They look substantially better than I thought they would (which isn't saying much), but they're still not as classy as the old referee unis.

oh ,my god ,i strong recommend you to have a visit on the website ,or if i'm the president ,i would have an barceque with the anthor of the articel .

Well, this is terrible. I mean the only reason I even watch NFL games is to check out the sweet referee attire.

You really add a lot with your posts. I'm glad you're a useless member of this board. Honestly, why are you on here if you hate what people talk about in these threads...just because it doesn't interest you doesn't mean you're a hardass.

I find it amusing that what NFL referees wear actually conerns people.

I find it amusing you think you're funny.

Says the guy with the, "To one Mr. Barry Bonds: You can't spell 'fraud' without an 'f' and a 'u'" quote.

Ok... :blink:

I guess you don't like that sig line, nor do you think it's funny. Oh well.

Smart is believing half of what you hear. Genius is knowing which half.

How come everything that doesn't need to be fixed is suddenly being altered for no apparent reason. Good jerseys are now swift jerseys, overtime goals are now skate-off goals, and now someone decided to change referee jerseys. Why isn't anybody doing anything about the Buffalo Bills jerseys?!

Then again, this might just be a pre-season trend, like the gray refs jerseys at the 2004 WCOH.

The change in the referee's look this season is not about changing to look "modern". It is about protecting intellectual property and creating a potential revenue stream.

The NFL has applied for a patent on this design. As a result, any beer commercials, etc. that want to potray an NFL ref will have to receive permission (and pay for) any use of this uniform design, no different than if they wanted someone in their ad to wear an NFL uniform or use an NFL-owned logo.

923%5C362689.jpg

The NFL has applied for a patent on this design. As a result, any beer commercials, etc. that want to potray an NFL ref will have to receive permission (and pay for) any use of this uniform design, no different than if they wanted someone in their ad to wear an NFL uniform or use an NFL-owned logo.

a-ha! I knew there had to be something more to this rather than just change for the sake of change. Good ol' NFL, always looking to make an extra dollar.

Shrewd. Very shrewd. :blues:

The NFL already had unique referee uniforms. The black stripes were 2" wide, as opposed to the 1" wide stripes worn in every other football league. Add the NFL logo on the front pocket, and it's doubtful they could have been confused for another referee.

Back-to-Back Fatal Forty Champion 2015 & 2016

The NFL has applied for a patent on this design.  As a result, any beer commercials, etc. that want to potray an NFL ref will have to receive permission (and pay for) any use of this uniform design, no different than if they wanted someone in their ad to wear an NFL uniform or use an NFL-owned logo.

a-ha! I knew there had to be something more to this rather than just change for the sake of change. Good ol' NFL, always looking to make an extra dollar.

Shrewd. Very shrewd. :blues:

But I doubt that will actually happen. What the companies will do is just wear the traditional ref design in the commercials rather than this new design.

Archived