Anybody see the new NFL ref's uniforms?

In 5..4..3..2..1

• Replies 92
  • Created
  • Last Reply
I think it's part of the NFL's effort to uniquely brand every element of the game to make it their own (see also the revamped football design and the ever-present NFL shield on uniforms and coaches' gear). It makes it harder for people to parody the NFL, too, since the designs are so unique.

Honestly, I like the idea of adding more black to the uniforms, especially since it makes them stand out more on the field. Plus, now they won't be washed out at a sunny game.

How is adding more black going to make them stand out? Considering there are already enough teams wearing black or navy blue, I would emphasize the stripes more to make the officials stand out, not minimize them.

The only other option would be bright vivid colors like soccer referees. No one wears yellow or fuschia...at least you'd never miss the refs on the field.

Back-to-Back Fatal Forty Champion 2015 & 2016

Wow. Those are terrible. They look like the kind of vertically striped shirt that fat guys wear to try and make themselves look skinnier.

largepants.jpg

(I couldn't find a photo of the type of shirt I mean, so I posted this one instead)

oh ,my god ,i strong recommend you to have a visit on the website ,or if i'm the president ,i would have an barceque with the anthor of the articel .

largepants.jpg

(I couldn't find a photo of the type of shirt I mean, so I posted this one instead)

And thank you VERY much for doing so.

Man, people get FAT!

1 hour ago, ShutUpLutz! said:

and the drunken doodoobags jumping off the tops of SUV's/vans/RV's onto tables because, oh yeah, they are drunken drug abusing doodoobags

Can't say that I'm not liking them just a little bit.

Interesting - if the league's willing to tinker with something as traditional as the ref's togs, I have to wonder whether a slight, contemporary tweak to the NFL shield might come next.

I was excited to hear about a change several months ago, but I'm dissapointed in the result. It's not so bad that everyone will talk about the ref's uni throughout the season, but it will grab some attention to start.

I like what they did with the back of the uni (widening the number are), but I dislike the uneven thickness in striping.

The new uniforms will not make the officials more or less visible to coaches, players, or fans IMO.

and BamaHater, how do you like your new radio guy in Houston; Brad Davies?

staffordsigbuffda6.jpg

Owner of

Kalamazoo Tech Kobras (Nat'l College Fant. Assc. Basketball, Football, and Hockey)

2006-07 NCFAB National Champions

2006 NCFAF Midwest Conf. Champions

Rochester Patriots (Major League Hockey - AHL Fantasy League) 2005-06 Neilson Cup Champs

Detroit Black Panthers (Xtreme Hockey League) 2005-06 Yzerman Conference Champs

Sheldon Motorsports (TRAC) - #20 Guinness Chevy & #21 UPS Chevy #44 Syracuse University Chevy

Commissioner of

MLH (Major League Hockey, an AHL Fantasy League)

TRAC (Team Racing Auto Circuit, NASCAR)

Can't say that I'm not liking them just a little bit.

Interesting - if the league's willing to tinker with something as traditional as the ref's togs, I have to wonder whether a slight, contemporary tweak to the NFL shield might come next.

and comming soon more kid friendly, Disney approved Packers, Bears, Steelers, Cowboys, Raiders logos and uniform overhauls.

:P

Not sure, but I would guess they wouldn't dress in black and white stripes.

the inhabitants of Planet X wears black and white stripes. its been a while since they have visited earth. legend has it the designers of the old referee uniforms met an alien from Planet X that wore black and white stripes and thus inspired the design of the traditional referee uniforms. :blink:

islandersscroll.gif

Spoilers!

the inhabitants of Planet X wears black and white stripes. its been a while since they have visited earth. legend has it the designers of the old referee uniforms met an alien from Planet X that wore black and white stripes and thus inspired the design of the traditional referee uniforms. :blink:

I guess soccer officials missed that.

oBIgzrL.png

Archived