Anybody see the new NFL ref's uniforms?

In 5..4..3..2..1

NFL needs to drop Reebok. They make the ugliest stuff. For example, the sideline hats get worse and worse each year. And now they butcher the referees' uniforms.

"The 0-2 pitch... SWING AND A MISS! STRUCK HIM OUT! THE PHILADELPHIA PHILLIES ARE 2008 WORLD CHAMPIONS OF BASEBALL!"

J M yoU wish you had a Duke Dog!

• Replies 92
  • Created
  • Last Reply

I am watching the Packers' scrimmage on NFL Network now. Looking at the uniform, I hate it.

1) Numbers are too small, and the side number is a stupid idea. :cursing: Keep it in the front. You can hardly see the number in the sideline shots. It blends in with the stripes. If they would have tweaked the uniform and kept the size of the back number the same, I would have tolerated it a little more. At least the number style looks cleaner...but it is TOO SMALL!!! :cursing:

2) Long sleeves/black pants: When I saw it on NFL Total Access, I thought it looked like one of those velcro suits that if you jump to a velcro wall, you will stick.

Could they have made a cold weather pair of pants in white?

It would take a lot of time to get used to it.

Actually, I think it makes a lot of sense to give the referees the latest in performance apparel with the availablility of the new "space age" materials and everything. And since there's NO WAY TO MAKE THE SAME PATTERN WITH THE NEW MATERIALS, their hand was forced.

barf.gif

oh ,my god ,i strong recommend you to have a visit on the website ,or if i'm the president ,i would have an barceque with the anthor of the articel .

OK, why ISN'T there a way to use the old pattern with new materials?

That's what I want to know. If they can make this striped pattern in it, there's no plausable explanation for not being able to make something classy in it.

Buy some t-shirts and stuff at KJ Shop!

KJ BrandedBehance portfolio

POTD 2013-08-22

On 7/14/2012 at 2:20 AM, tajmccall said:

When it comes to style, ya'll really should listen to Kev.

Reebok controls the NFL. They have complete and total control of what gets the NFL shield put onto it.

Come on.

Has anyone ever worked with a client before? They run the show. The NFL not only approved this them about this, they most likely approached them about this. These uniform designs/logo designs are not the designers fault. Someone approves it.

What makes more sense?

NFL: We'd like you to come up with a few new designs of the Referee's uniforms. We want them to be able to layer their pants and utilize more comfortable material. We'd be interested in seeing an update on the design as well.

10 revisions later...

NFL: We approve these designs.

Or:

Reebok: Hey I know you didn't ask for this, but we completely overhauled the Refs uniforms. Since we own you, its going on the field no matter what.

NFL: What? Oh well I guess we have no choice....here's some more money.

NOW...in college, I can see it going a different way. Nike approaches the schools, but the schools still have final approval. But this is the NFL...they definatly run the show.

The uniforms don't look so bad with the white pants in game action. It could have been better with the black background/white numbers on back. Still, the side number is a stupid idea. Also, the NFL shield on the front should be the only one on the uniform, but should be moved to the other side of the shirt front and the number/position on the pocket, like before. The shield on the back is out of place. Do you think there would be an option for the long sleeve shirt with white pants for the games later in the year that is not cold enough for the black pants?

Uniforms look alright in action, I think.

Agreed.

They don't look all that bad now that I've seen them in action.

The officials seem to have a little bounce in their step too.

New unis/equip. tend to do that to us officials.

staffordsigbuffda6.jpg

Owner of

Kalamazoo Tech Kobras (Nat'l College Fant. Assc. Basketball, Football, and Hockey)

2006-07 NCFAB National Champions

2006 NCFAF Midwest Conf. Champions

Rochester Patriots (Major League Hockey - AHL Fantasy League) 2005-06 Neilson Cup Champs

Detroit Black Panthers (Xtreme Hockey League) 2005-06 Yzerman Conference Champs

Sheldon Motorsports (TRAC) - #20 Guinness Chevy & #21 UPS Chevy #44 Syracuse University Chevy

Commissioner of

MLH (Major League Hockey, an AHL Fantasy League)

TRAC (Team Racing Auto Circuit, NASCAR)

(1) They're referees, guys. Unless they have way more influence on a game's outcome than they should, they should basically be invisible.

(2) Somebody at the NFL really, really likes the Serifa family of fonts.

(3) Don't be surprised to see the NFL's logo itself modified, incorporating Serifa into the package.

nav-logo.png

saw them 2nite, is it me or does the stripes don't even look like they match. I don't know. They look like the refs' unis should be in the YEAR 2006. Kinda of like if you were in a coma for 20 years and you turned on the tv to watch a football game. WHOA, the refs are like the Jetsons.

Archived