NBC Sunday Night Football

TBGKon

Hey look, an Aaron Brooks interception!

New Location... Same Results... :D

[Croatia National Team Manager Slavan] Bilic then went on to explain how Croatia's success can partially be put down to his progressive man-management techniques. "Sometimes I lie in the bed with my players. I go to the room of Vedran Corluka and Luka Modric when I see they have a problem and I lie in bed with them and we talk for 10 minutes." Maybe Capello could try getting through to his players this way too? Although how far he'd get with Joe Cole jumping up and down on the mattress and Rooney demanding to be read his favourite page from The Very Hungry Caterpillar is open to question. --The Guardian's Fiver, 08 September 2008

Attention: In order to obtain maximum enjoyment from your stay at the CCSLC, the reader is advised that the above post may contain large amounts of sarcasm, dry humour, or statements which should not be taken in any true sort of seriousness. As a result, the above poster absolves himself of any and all blame in the event that a forum user responds to the aforementioned post without taking the previous notice into account. Thank you for your cooperation, and enjoy your stay at the CCSLC.

The score line is fine, IMO, but I think the graphics for the team lineups at the beginning of the game could have been bigger. I love the graphics, though. They're very sharp. Nothing to do with the graphics, but I am a fan of Madden and Michaels, too, even though a lot of people don't like Madden. Raiders just tied it up <_<

Wow talk about bad luck a neck injury in the final minutes of a preseason game, hopefully Bruce Perry will be ok, the thumbs up is a good sign at least

ecyclopedia.gif

www.sportsecyclopedia.com

For the best in sports history go to the Sports E-Cyclopedia at

http://www.sportsecyclopedia.com

champssigtank.png

Wow talk about bad luck a neck injury in the final minutes of a preseason game, hopefully Bruce Perry will be ok, the thumbs up is a good sign at least

Ya thats usally a good sign. I like how they didnt go to commercial cus u never know if family is watching.

4kv29i.jpg

Yeah dont like when they go to a commerical during an injury its part of the story, and Fox is the worst becuase they have that cheesy injury music they play too that sounds liek a cross between their NFL teme and the theme from ER

ecyclopedia.gif

www.sportsecyclopedia.com

For the best in sports history go to the Sports E-Cyclopedia at

http://www.sportsecyclopedia.com

champssigtank.png

Yeah dont like when they go to a commerical during an injury its part of the story, and Fox is the worst becuase they have that cheesy injury music they play too that sounds liek a cross between their NFL teme and the theme from ER

You notice how they did go off topic during an injury, i was listing to them and found out that he was drafted in the 7th round ( last round ), Good move for football to go to nbc i sure will watch nfl more.

4kv29i.jpg

I have to admit it's different watching football on NBC, but does anyone agree with me that the graphics at the bottom are WAY too small. I have troble reading some of the print.

I agree, I found it hard to read at times looking at the bottom of the screen.

NYCFC - MLS CUP CHAMPIONS - 2021

You know, I really couldn't tell the difference between watching on NBC and ABC. It's still Michaels and Madden for most of the time, the score bar remained on the bottom, and it was in prime time.

Bob Costas, of course, was a major improvement of Chris Berman, but I tend to tune out halftime anyway.

Anyone catch Terrel Owens on Dateline? What a dumb interview and a dumb athlete.

1 hour ago, ShutUpLutz! said:

and the drunken doodoobags jumping off the tops of SUV's/vans/RV's onto tables because, oh yeah, they are drunken drug abusing doodoobags

Anyone catch Terrel Owens on Dateline? What a dumb interview and a dumb athlete.

I did, and I enjoyed it. I like TO, and thought he looked intelligent, realistic, and nice. I wish the Falcons had him.

NCFA Sunset Beach Tech - Octopi

ΓΔΒ!

Going to college gets you closer to the real world, kind of like climbing a tree gets you closer to the moon.

"...a nice illustration of what you get when skill, talent, and precedent are deducted from 'creativity.' " - James Howard Kunstler

Anyone catch Terrel Owens on Dateline?  What a dumb interview and a dumb athlete.

I did, and I enjoyed it. I like TO, and thought he looked intelligent, realistic, and nice. I wish the Falcons had him.

Wow. Seriously? I was way turned off by him blaming everything on everyone else and complaining about the Eagles not celebrating his 100th touchdown (or whatever it was). He doesn't like when McNabb tells him to be quiet (so shut the F up, same difference) but sees nothing wrong with saying terrible Brett Favre would be better for the team. I don't know...I don't things are all right with Owens. He seems to have a very narrow view of acceptable and unacceptable behavior, mostly predicated on what's most beneficial to him.

Refuse to sign autographs, okay. Discipline for said refusal, bad. Getting cursed out by teammates for acting like a doofus, bad. Calling out your coach and your teammates to television interviewers, just fine.

1 hour ago, ShutUpLutz! said:

and the drunken doodoobags jumping off the tops of SUV's/vans/RV's onto tables because, oh yeah, they are drunken drug abusing doodoobags

My only complaint was the odd choices in music. I understand using soft, memory enducing music when talking about Reggie White and his induction, however, it felt out of place when they used it during his game action montage. I am sure they could have found a rock song that would have fit the mood better for that segment.

"The views expressed here are mine and do not reflect the official opinion of my employer or the organization through which the Internet was accessed."

Dr. Kelso: My son is a big baseball fan. Not so much playing it, but more the designing and sewing of uniforms.

Tyler: That's neat.

Dr. Kelso: No, it's not.

You know, I really couldn't tell the difference between watching on NBC and ABC. It's still Michaels and Madden for most of the time, the score bar remained on the bottom, and it was in prime time.

Bob Costas, of course, was a major improvement of Chris Berman, but I tend to tune out halftime anyway.

That's really no surprise outside of few on air people the production crew is pretty much the same as the people who did Monday Night Football last year. There were a few points in the game when they were going to and back from commercial where I was expecting to here the MNF theme.

And Yes I did see the Ownes interview on Dateline and I agree. Aparently this all started when McNabb told Owens to shutup in the huddle. Well Terrell there is a reason for that, he was the Quarterback and the Quarterback is the one who speaks in the huddle. He has to say what they play is quickly because there isn't a lot of time in between plays.

I saw the tail end of the Owens interview, and during the point they were taking about the incident a year ago when the Eagles sent him home. Apparently, Coach Reid told TO to sign autographs and TO said he had to see the trainer. TO's comments in the interview gave off the biggest "Me, Myself, and I" fell that I have ever seen.

TO is such a jerk, and I can't wait to see him leave the game FOREVER! Thankfully my Buccaneers didn't pick him up.

Archived