Baltimore Orioles Concept

GFB

Hi again!

I'm back again, and this time I'm showcasing my new baltimore orioles concept!!! This one includes a new bird, 2 modernized retro logos, and the addition of silver to the color scheme. I wanted to restore the Orioles to the glory days in the 70's and 80's, and with this concept I think I have, but I will let you folks be the judge of that....... C&C welcome as always....

GFB

Also, (warning! shameless self-plug coming! ^_^ ) if anyone wants to help me out with a little project, follow the link..... Link!

Baltimore Orioles Concept

Orioles-concept.png

I like this a lot. Some thoughts:

- Why not just use the old oriole logo, rather than making a new retro logo?

- Your primary logo is great, I like it more than what they have now

- On the road, on the wordmark and numbers, white might look better in between the orange and black, rather than the gray of the jersey

- I don't think the black alt is necessary, to be honest. The orange is damn near perfect.

Nice work..I love the orange alt.

- Why not just use the old oriole logo, rather than making a new retro logo?

Great question

I thought about it, but the purpose of this thread is to link all the eras of the Orioles into one smooth concept, and if I have a new/modernized bird the original retro logos might not mesh as nicely.....

thanks! excellent question, once again

You got skillZ with a capital Z, dog. Excellent work. That primary logo is sick. The jerseys are amazing. They all look great, especially that orange one which is perfect IMO.

Beautiful modernization. I'm not too keen on the empty area between the wordmark and the outline on the home and road, I'd love to see an orange bill, and I'd really love to see "Baltimore" on the roads.

VmWIn6B.png

Well, you're already one of my favs here, since in your first 10 concepts, you've done my school and my life-long favorite baseball team. I'm hoping the Nats are coming soon...?!?!?

Anywho, I love the concept, but as always, I've got a few gasps and gripes:

- I love the primary. It just needs to be flipped on the caps to face to the left.

- There's too much space between the wordmark and its stroke.

- Silver isn't a bad addition (their current yellow is life-like though), but it's a little too thick in some spots. The green should stay too, since it's literally everywhere at Camden Yards.

- It looks like you just pasted the "retro primary logo" onto the body of their current alternate logo. It might work, but the body needs a little more weight to make it look right.

- For the retro logo, you might want to consider adding a little orange tongue inside the big side of the bird's mouth. (See the "swinging bird" logos from years past.)

- "Baltimore" has got to be on the road unis. Without a doubt.

Sorry for the extent of the critique, but you've still got plenty of room to improve on an already great concept.

ScreenShot2011-12-09at052105PM.png

Tomorrow's just your future yesterday.

I like what you have done with the script and colors, but...

1- I think the bird they have right now is great, and don't really like what you did to upgrade it

2- I think the cartoon birds (head; bird with bat) would be cool if modernized, but I liked the cartoon look, and although it's still there, the face just looks too mean (if you understand what i'm getting at)- The previous birds looked cartoony/happy and these look pissed, which i dont think fits in well with the evolution of the oriole logo

3- Bring back the Baltimore script on the road unis (and maybe one of the alternates)

AU-USU-Scoreboard.gif

Really, my only critique on this is that there isn't enough orange on the home and away uniforms, and that would only require the reversal of black and orange on the script wordmark and numbers. Otherwise, these are amazing.

QPR%20Sig.png

Archived