New Browns Unis

number81

• Replies 66
  • Created
  • Last Reply
I hope the lions ditch the black, the steelers ditch the italics and the chargers go to powder blue full time.

Those are all excellent suggestions.

Yes, they are.

The gray facemasks look so much better than the white. The white overwhelmed the entire helmet, and the gray melds better with the orange shell.

Jurevicius.jpg

Now this is waht i think. Remove the 60 patch and thats one sweet ass lookin uni.

With so many "tribute" patches on jerseys now, don't you think it's only a matter of time until they give up the ghost and go soccer on us and use that space for a, gasp, sponsor? Great uni though.

The 60 patch is so big, somebody's going to mistake the team of Browns for a team of Otto Grahams. I'll bet THAT team could win more than 6 games.

mug1225.jpg

oh ,my god ,i strong recommend you to have a visit on the website ,or if i'm the president ,i would have an barceque with the anthor of the articel .

I'm not a gray mask fan (when it's not the team's colors) so I hate the gray mask. I don't really like the huge pant stripes either. For some reason, I think this set, like Syracuse football, took a step backward trying to go retro. I don't understand how you go "retro" but have the AL on the sleeve and the Browns wordmark under the collar. The solid socks don't bother me. The anniversary patch looks huge. Maybe they should have put it on the side of the helmet since that space isn't being used :D

KISSwall09.jpg

Stupid Browns.

Why do they think an old, bad, traditional look is better than a new, good look that in every way keeps their tradition.

The brown stripes on the sleeves looked better and still were consistant (as brown always seperated orange and white).

The striping on the pants looks better when the darker color outlines the softer color, but they reversed it, and it looks terrible.

And, the grey facemask looks like crap. Grey has no part in their color scheme, and it looks really bad against orange. It just meshes and looks really dull. White fit and looked clean.

I say boo the Browns and their unnecessary retro junk.

*Note: I'm in no way anti-retro. I'm just pro-looking-good. Retro in fact is very cool, but it should be used as inspiration to create a well-designed look. The Browns had exactly that. Now they tried to match their old uniforms exactly, and those didn't look near as good.*

Jurevicius.jpg

Now this is waht i think. Remove the 60 patch and thats one sweet ass lookin uni.

With so many "tribute" patches on jerseys now, don't you think it's only a matter of time until they give up the ghost and go soccer on us and use that space for a, gasp, sponsor? Great uni though.

Techinally, the patch should say 57*. However, the franchise, as we all know, first started in 1946 then packed up and left and was started again in 1999.

About the uni...

I just got a new tv and it looked black to me. But I already knew it was a darker brown color.

*-Damn you art Modell

Techinally, the patch should say 57*. However, the franchise, as we all know, first started in 1946 then packed up and left and was started again in 1999.

I think the NFL considers the Browns as having "suspended operations" during those years, like when the Rams went inactive during WWII.

They consider the Browns one franchise, not two.

First off, let me pile on about the patch. It is way too big!! What is this NASCAR?

Next, what I really don't like is how none of the striping matches. You've got stripes in three places, the helmet, sleeves, and pants, and none of it is coordinated. Three different sets of stripes just makes a mess. Now, it will probably be 5 years before they correct it, but they could probably get away with changing the pants next year.

savedpictures013-1.jpg

I think the 60 patch is the only reason they're wearing these

It's not the 60 patch that is the reason they are wearing those uniforms, browns fans have been bitching for the last three years when the previous regime headed by (Matt Millen Jr.) Carmen Policy and head (coach) buffoon Butch Davis made changes to the pants by reversing the stripes and another set which had a white stripe that coincide with the new stripes and OMG those hideous orange pants they looked like Clemson for a moment and that angered browns fans ,sounds a little bit like 1984 before marty changed the uniis the following season.

In response to your comment: the uniforms are full time (about time) even though they still stink on the field

tigersallstars092.png

steelcurtain.png

Jurevicius.jpg

dilfer_59621.jpg

is it me, or does the brown look darker this year

Jurevicius.jpg

dilfer_59621.jpg

is it me, or does the brown look darker this year

Thats what they did, they went darker. Also i just notice that the pants are inverteded too. Overall good update for the browns imo.

4kv29i.jpg

Archived