Houston Bowl has new name

JBPerry

0811texasbowl.jpg

Yep, according to the Dallas Morning News, Lone Star Sports has reached an agreement for the bowl to now be called the Texas Bowl. For those of you who watch HS Football in Texas, the name may sound familiar as the 5A State Football Championship was called this as well. FSN Southwest, who televises the game said that the name of the championship game would be called something else. BTW, The logo's ok, I guess, but I would expect a logo like that more for Ft. Worth than for Houston, since the city's nickname is "Cowtown"

stars.jpg

dallasmavericks.gif

style1,JBPerry.png

<embed src="http://www.clocklink.com/clocks/5005-Blue.swf?TimeZone=CST&TimeFormat=hhmmssTT" width="180" height="60" wmode="transparent" type="application/x-shockwave-flash">

joshuabperry@sbcglobal.net

My Webpage

0811texasbowl.jpg

Well, its a better name then "Houston Bowl," or GallerFurniture.com Bowl. And who can forget the Gaylord Entertainment Music City Bowl.

But the logo is about the best new College Bowl game logo to come out. Most of those Bowl game logos have have sucked the past few years. So Ill give credit to this logo....I guess.

But this logo begs the question...will the winner of this game recieve a belt buckle as the trophy, seeing as the logo mimics a football-shaped belt buckle? Man that would suck.....all that hard work on the football field for a stupid ass belt buckle. I'd go Maurice Clarett on Houston and the NCAA if they gave me that trash as a reward.... :cursing:

NYCdog.png

But this logo begs the question...will the winner of this game recieve a belt buckle as the trophy, seeing as the logo mimics a football-shaped belt buckle? Man that would suck.....all that hard work on the football field for a stupid ass belt buckle. I'd go Maurice Clarett on Houston and the NCAA if they gave me that trash as a reward.... :cursing:

They should contact Rasheed Wallace and get the belt he gave to the Pistons in 2005... I have a feeling we won't be needing it for a while.

belt1203.jpg

oh ,my god ,i strong recommend you to have a visit on the website ,or if i'm the president ,i would have an barceque with the anthor of the articel .

0811texasbowl.jpg

Yep, according to the Dallas Morning News, Lone Star Sports has reached an agreement for the bowl to now be called the Texas Bowl. For those of you who watch HS Football in Texas, the name may sound familiar as the 5A State Football Championship was called this as well. FSN Southwest, who televises the game said that the name of the championship game would be called something else. BTW, The logo's ok, I guess, but I would expect a logo like that more for Ft. Worth than for Houston, since the city's nickname is "Cowtown"

There were some local radio hosts that asked yesterday, "Why not call it the Lone Star Bowl. The HS state football champioship is already called the Texas Bowl." So that angle has been played a little here, but not too much.

The other relevant news is that the President of the Texas Bowl (who also a bigwig with the Texans and Reliant Stadium) said that there will be a coporate sponsor added in the next few weeks, so the name will be changed to the Brand X Texas Bowl or the Texas Bowl Presented by Brand X.

Go Astros!

Go Texans!

Go Rockets!

Go Javelinas!

As opposed to the flat-screen TVs teams win for winning the Humanitarian Bowl or the dinette sets that the Music City Bowl gives away?

Yeah do that.  Do exactly THAT

The logo is outstanding. However, IMO there were better font choices than Kirsty, especially for the numbers, but that's a minor nitpick. Oh, and the larger the picture, the better this thing looks, the attention to detail is superb. Whomever did this logo absolutely nailed it!

------------------------------------------

Joseph Duarte of the Houston Chronicle writes that the Texas Bowl will be televised by the NFL Network (what?). The game will feature a Big 12 rep verses a Big East or Conference USA rep.

According to Jamey Rootes, president of Lone Star Sports & Entertainment (which is a subsidiary of the Houston Texans), a presenting sponsor will be named at a later date and the bowl will also have a tie-in with a local charity he declined to identify. Rootes also said the payout per team is expected to be reduced from $1.2 million to about $750,000.

On January 16, 2013 at 3:49 PM, NJTank said:

Btw this is old hat for Notre Dame. Knits Rockne made up George Tip's death bed speech.

I really like this logo. But when I saw the name change, here was the first thing I had in mind...

"In other news, the front runners to make this bowl game are the #10 ranked Permian Panthers and the #1 ranked Dallas-Carter Cowboys.

It was the Every One's Internet Houston Bowl and the company was sold. That created the need for a name change.

CORRECTION - what created the need for a change was the fact that the investors that ran the former Houston Bowl went brankrupt and were behind on making their bowl payouts to the conferences , not the fact that a company was sold.

As for the new name ... I dont mind it, the logo is very sharp. However, I had REALLY been hoping for the Lone Star Bowl. That would have been an outstanding name for bowl game.

LibertyBowl.png

The logo is outstanding. However, IMO there were better font choices than Kirsty, especially for the numbers, but that's a minor nitpick. Oh, and the larger the picture, the better this thing looks, the attention to detail is superb. Whomever did this logo absolutely nailed it!

Kirsty?

Never head of that font.

It looks like Emigré's Brothers font, the same font used for the St. Louis Cardinals Inaugural Season at Busch 3 logos.

:P

I like this logo.

Back-to-Back Fatal Forty Champion 2015 & 2016

It fits. It says TEXAS and that is exactly what a logo is supose to do, instantly you know what it is. Whoever made this logo understands that you're suppose to get your message across in like 15 seconds, and it's been done with this logo.

The logo is outstanding.  However, IMO there were better font choices than Kirsty, especially for the numbers, but that's a minor nitpick.  Oh, and the larger the picture, the better this thing looks, the attention to detail is superb.  Whomever did this logo absolutely nailed it!

Kirsty?

Never head of that font.

It looks like Emigré's Brothers font, the same font used for the St. Louis Cardinals Inaugural Season at Busch 3 logos.

:P

I like this logo.

Yeah, my bad. :D

On January 16, 2013 at 3:49 PM, NJTank said:

Btw this is old hat for Notre Dame. Knits Rockne made up George Tip's death bed speech.

Archived