Thrashers 3rd

MrHockey9

I don't care for powder blue as the dominant color with the Thrashers color and uniform schemes.  I really think it works better as a minority accent color.  I like symmetry on uniforms (unless we're talking about a commemorative patch on a jersey) so the sleeve setup really bothers me.  And I am not a fan of the thick stiched seams that seem to be popping up here and there these days, so that doesn't appeal to me on this uniform either.  All in all, this concept just doesn't appeal to me.  I wouldn't go to the extreme of violent retching or shielding my eyes - it's just not my cup of tea.  Well, actually, since I can't stand tea either, I guess it's not my steaming cup of java.  I would have preferred that they work with that great dark red of theirs as the dominant jersey color and gone from there.

• Replies 117
  • Created
  • Last Reply

The Atlanta Thrashers third jersey are the best, yes I'll repeat myself... the best... pyjamas in the NHL! I mean, you can't tell by looking at those photos, but the shirt extends all the way down with little booties and a trap door in the butt!

I wish they would show the matching nightcap!

The Thrashers' new jerseys are yucko.  First with the alternate logo for home and road (the thrasher in the shield [which they should keep] and the flying T [i call it the Thunder chicken] and now jerseys with stripes only on one sleeve and a number also only on one sleeve?  I hope these go the way of the long pants the Flyers and Whalers wore in the early 1980's.

I remember that 1 NFL team was going to have a jersey that had stripes running down the arm on one sleeve and a number just on one sleeve also.  The Jacksonville Jaguars planned to have their jerseys done this way but because of the lawsuit by the Jaguar Car Company due to the proposed logo's look, the Jaguars came to their senses and had the jerseys they were today.

To see what the Jags' unis would have looked like go to the following website:

www.ssur.org

and from there click on Research, then Cowboy Kevin's NFL Uniform History, and then Jacksonville Jaguars: proposed uniform (1993).

With these ugly unis, no wonder the Thrashers sometimes have trouble drawing fans.

I hope the NHL makes them change the unis.

Atlanta Braves, please bring back the Indian Head logo.

On the other shoulder, there is the 5th Anniversary patch. It's not on the practice jersey photos, but it will be a part of the uni for the games.

I realize this is my first post on this board, so you may say "who cares," but I really like this jersey. In fact, I just ordered mine. I don't understand the pure hatred for it. Sure, it's not typical, but that's what's so cool about it, in my opinion.

What would have been so hard to extend the Columbus Blue Jacket striping down the other arm?  That's what makes that thing look so ridiculous to me.  Maybe if they were to give a reasoning behind the one stripe-arm thing they did, I would be more happy about it.

I don't care about the Atlanta written down the arm, or the colors.  It's the striping that is just ridiculous.  Gah!

Let's go Pens!

if their was trim on both sleeves and number on both of them it would look great in action- dont count these out yet wait untill u see them on the ice

oh, god no. I would'nt care if I saw these on the ice, on top of a mountain, or at the bottom of the ocean. Crap is still crap, regardless of venue.

I like 'em.

I assuming your kidding right JQK. Since you hate anything that is sorta futuristic.

Anyway like I said before these suck. Like RC said the half ripped of the Blue Jackets thirds striping wich were ripoffs of the Wild. I would like to see what the back of the jersey's look like. I'm assuming it would be stupid with stripes just stoping.

And I a problem with powder blue jersey's all the time. But this is worst because light blue is barely in there logo, just a little stripe. And then they make a jersey that color. That makes no sense. The should have gone with a red version of thier away's.

I like 'em.

I assuming your kidding right JQK. Since you hate anything that is sorta futuristic.

Not kidding. I like them. Unique. I don't understand why all of you are hating on it. It's different. It's not traditional, for sure, but then again how much tradition do you want for a team that's been around for 5 years. Is it even close tothe Minnesota Wild's thirds? No. But it's not bad. I really do like 'em.

Stay Tuned Sports Podcast
sB9ijEj.png

you're right.  I don't know what I expected on the bck, guess I never thought about it, but that looks really terrible.  Also, I just noticed the navy arm vents.  different colored arm vents are terrible.  Wow, only the hem turned out looking cool on this jersey.    Yeah, and what's with that thick stitching?

dude this is going on my christmas list with columbus' new jersey!!  :laugh:

Life is 10% what happens to you and 90% about how you react to it.
App State Mountaineers / Alabama Crimson Tide / Atlanta Braves / New York Jets / Atlanta Hawks
"If you believe in yourself and have dedication and pride - and never quit, you'll be a winner. The price of victory is high but so are the rewards." [Bear Bryant]
Redmond Rampage

Okay, as a Thrashers fan, these are just... meh. They're okay, but I don't hate them. I'm a little confused as to why they used white numbers with yellow outlining on the back of the jersey. Numbers are really difficult to read. I guess I didn't really know what to expect either, but... eh, I guess I'll wait and see how they look on TV.

Archived