Thrashers 3rd

MrHockey9

These are beautiful. There is no drop shadow, and apparently the NHL doesn't care about sleeve numbers, and truth be told, I don't either. I like the lack of symetry. It's real cool. I always think it feels really neat to wear something like that too, with extra something on one arm, usually left.

Here's a Canucks idea I had a while back, and based on the fact that I did it, you might see that I like the Thrashers jersey a lot. I still like this Canucks idea.

vancouver2.GIF

• Replies 117
  • Created
  • Last Reply
This may be worse than the Vancouver V jerseys.  Yike.  The colours are awful, the stripe just ends into oblivion, the whole off-balance thing, the numbers on the back look bush league... holy crap, these are worse than Mooterus, tenfold.

Buy some t-shirts and stuff at KJ Shop!

KJ BrandedBehance portfolio

POTD 2013-08-22

On 7/14/2012 at 2:20 AM, tajmccall said:

When it comes to style, ya'll really should listen to Kev.

It wouldn't be so bad if both sleeves were dark. Those Canucks unis look pretty good, that red looks better than the old ones ever did

No, I don't mean the early-90s alternates, I mean the 70s "V" jerseys, often held on a pedestal as the Worst Jerseys Ever.

POTD 2013-08-22

Actually, I meant STL's concepts, I'm not a fan of the V jersey. To truely know how bad it looks, you need to see one in person.

Also, as for the NHL not caring about numbers on sleeves, just take a look at the NHL All-Star unis from the past few years

I still like it and more and more I look at it, I like it.  Sure its unbalanced, but its a clean and un cluttered look, good for Atlanta. Only question is where does the sleeve number go?

Too bad no one in the NHL copied the BU terriors with the "Boston" arch and numerals under it..

I hate #'s on the front of hockey jerseys.  Leave it to football, basketball, and a good many MLB teams.

Brownslax, I noticed the lack of names, too.  but it's an NHL rule that jerseys have to have surnames on them.  Unless...they put the last name down the other arm.  Oh man that would be scary.

Am I only one of few who thinks powder blue is an awesome color???

Yes.

And white numbers with yellow trim on light blue? Stupid, stupid, stupid...

And one dark sleeve and one blank? It looks from the picture Roger posted that some child lost interest and forgot to color in the other sleeve. There just...incomplete.

I fear what they might do with the player names... could it be more white with yellow trim? Could it actually be down the other sleeve ?

Truly a rotten effort from a team whose home and roads I really liked.

JeffB

HansonsSig.jpg

Click here to read Third String Goalie - The Hockey Jersey of the Day Blog

Click here to see my hockey and baseball jersey collection online

?You don?t like to see 20 kids punching 20 other kids. But it?s not a disgrace, It?s hockey.? - Michael Farber

These might be the coolest jerseys I have ever seen.

Lace up, tho.  Grr to that.  Other than that fact, I really love them.  It's a real curveball jersey, and I love them.

Spoiler

New York Rangers. Stanley Cup Champions - 1928, 1933, 1940, 1994. Saskatchewan. Cold. 1905-2022.

My bad, zer0, I didn't realize what you meant.

Ugh, I jut noticed that the Koho label is dark blue.  Yet another thing to add to how awful these are.  AWFUL.

POTD 2013-08-22

the first nhl jersey with true, football style side panels

Actually, Nashville's alternate's, which debuted two years ago and are still being used, are the first, and then came the All-Star jersey from the last two years.  The only difference is that Atlanta's pulls there's down the the striping, whereas Nashville rounds it out off before it reachs the striping.

--Roger "Time?" Clemente.

champssig2.png
Follow me on Twitter if you care: @Animal_Clans.

My opinion may or may not be the same as yours. The choice is up to you.

It really is a nice jersey. And in that pic of the jersey and it's back you can see that the stripe doesn't just end, and that they have piping on the other sleeve to match the shape and size of the left arm stripe. It is a very well thought out, well designed jersey. I like it.

Stay Tuned Sports Podcast
sB9ijEj.png

Well I guess I'm the like-the-new-alternates-everyone-else-hates guy. i love Dallas' and i like these a lot too. the hem striping and powder blue is great, better than the home, and I like the one ssleeve stripe with the "Atlanta". It's creative, and why not for a fledgling team like the Thrashers? Only thing I hate of course is the lace-up collars, but other than that I'd buy one of these. Thumbs up. Second best alternate this year.

Archived