Red Sox vs. Yankees

ZBoyer

• Replies 79
  • Created
  • Last Reply
I'm getting sick and tired of Beckett. Every single time the offense gets him a lead, he blows it.

We know when to toss out our aces before they go bad. Both teams can attest to that with Beckett and Pavano... ^_^

[Croatia National Team Manager Slavan] Bilic then went on to explain how Croatia's success can partially be put down to his progressive man-management techniques. "Sometimes I lie in the bed with my players. I go to the room of Vedran Corluka and Luka Modric when I see they have a problem and I lie in bed with them and we talk for 10 minutes." Maybe Capello could try getting through to his players this way too? Although how far he'd get with Joe Cole jumping up and down on the mattress and Rooney demanding to be read his favourite page from The Very Hungry Caterpillar is open to question. --The Guardian's Fiver, 08 September 2008

Attention: In order to obtain maximum enjoyment from your stay at the CCSLC, the reader is advised that the above post may contain large amounts of sarcasm, dry humour, or statements which should not be taken in any true sort of seriousness. As a result, the above poster absolves himself of any and all blame in the event that a forum user responds to the aforementioned post without taking the previous notice into account. Thank you for your cooperation, and enjoy your stay at the CCSLC.

I'm not complaining but why is it that I live on the West Coast and saw the Yankees/Sox on Fox. I would have thought the game would have been something to do with either Western Division.

I'm getting sick and tired of Beckett. Every single time the offense gets him a lead, he blows it.

We know when to toss out our aces before they go bad. Both teams can attest to that with Beckett and Pavano... ^_^

The only reason people know who Josh Beckett is, is because of the 2003 World Series.

On 4/10/2017 at 3:05 PM, Rollins Man said:

what the hell is ccslc?

Well, the way this series is going, I may have made one of the worst bets of my life.

I bet my Yankee fan co-worker that if the Sox win the series, she has to dress up as a Red Sox player for the company's Halloween Party. However, if the Yankees win the series, I have to dress up as a Yankee player.

Boy, am I starting to regret that wager... :cry:

Wear a Damon Sox jersey, you would technically be a Yankee without dressing as one.

nyg1-sm.gifrangers2-sm.gifyankees4-sm.gifknicks-sm.gif

mysigdj9.png

Well, the way this series is going, I may have made one of the worst bets of my life.

I bet my Yankee fan co-worker that if the Sox win the series, she has to dress up as a Red Sox player for the company's Halloween Party. However, if the Yankees win the series, I have to dress up as a Yankee player.

Boy, am I starting to regret that wager... :cry:

Have you picked which player yet?

....anyone but A-Rod....

Can't go wrong with Bernie.

I'm not complaining but why is it that I live on the West Coast and saw the Yankees/Sox on Fox.

If I'm not mistaken, 73% of the country received the Red Sox-Yankees feed from FOX... and they all saw my Capital One commercial during the course of the game.

(Yes... I'm thrilled that the spot is now running on the networks! :D )

In point of fact, I'm sure that it ran during any other games that were part of the FOX game-of-the-week feed. The national commercial spots are run throughout the country.

On the down side, I wasn't exactly thrilled with the outcome of the game. :mad:

I wonder is Dave Wallace's job will be safe. Over the last 3 or 4 weeks, I can't count the number of times that Sox pitching has failed to hold a lead. Too many for my comfort. The pitchers can't even throw strikes. 11 straight balls? Horrible!

Mike Timlin was trying to call out the offense, but offense is only 50% of the game. You can't expect the batter to constantly play from behind. Even though the offense has been slumping a bit, it can't fall on the bats.

Jason Johnson. Josh Beckett. Rude Seanez. Julian Tavarez. Jon Lester. etc., etc., etc. All have been dreadful. The Red Sox should have sent Seanez and Tavarez for Colorado for whoever the Rockies wanted to send in return. Neither can buy an out on the mound.

This weekend is already a lost cause. Two wins by Boston will not erase the stink of giving up 40 runs in three games.

And I don't care what other say...it's not a true rivalry unless the opponents and fans hate each other. St. Louis and Chicago might be friendly rivals, and have respect for each other, but you lose intensity without the hatred. Red Sox-Yankees and Giants-Dodgers are true rivalries. Cubs-Cardinals is something else.

Back-to-Back Fatal Forty Champion 2015 & 2016

Well, JP, Timlin is right. After all, if the offense did their job and scored 10+ runs a game then we'd be alright. :rolleyes:

Like I said, we have two capable pitchers on the team right now. Varitek's value to the team is really starting to show in his absence. Beckett has some amazing stuff, but he can't win games in the AL East the way he could in the NL. He's going to have to learn to become more of a pitcher and less of a thrower -- and he's going to have to dump the ego and start taking some advice from Schilling and the likes. We know Beckett has the stuff -- like Lowell said, you can't fake your way through that world Series game against the Yankees. In New York. On 3 days rest.

I'm glad Theo didn't make any moves though that sacrifice the future because it's very obvious that this team isn't one player away.

IUe6Hvh.png

I'm glad Theo didn't make any moves though that sacrifice the future because it's very obvious that this team isn't one player away.

Totally agree. He's taking alot of heat for not making any deadline deals, but who was out there that would've made us instantly better? NO ONE. It was a seller's market in every way. We could've made a pitch for Abreu, but we need pitching. Lidle? Wouldn't solved any problems. IntheEnd is right...it would've taken more than just one player to solve our current woes.

And to touch up on what Tank said, I 100% wholeheartedly agree that the loss of Varitek has MUCH to do with our staff's problems. You wanna know the importance of a great (maybe not statistically, but in regards to baseball intangibles) catcher to not only handle your vets, but coach your young'ns and help them develop? Exhibit A: 2006 Boston Red Sox, circa August 20, 2006. Our staff is LOST without him.

And finally, I've decided to sport a Damon jersey in my embarrassment of a bet.

Coco who? :wacko:

"Plague on both your houses" kind of guy as regards the series. (No interest whatsoever for the layman)

Of course I'm also the kind of guy who wants to see new and different teams on ESPN. I mean, did you know there is an entire National League of 16 teams? I didn't know that until they played the "interleague" games earlier. I also would like to see more of these crackerjack Tigers and White Sox teams.

On 8/1/2010 at 4:01 PM, winters in buffalo said:
You manage to balance agitation with just enough salient points to keep things interesting. Kind of a low-rent DG_Now.
On 1/2/2011 at 9:07 PM, Sodboy13 said:
Today, we are all otaku.

"The city of Peoria was once the site of the largest distillery in the world and later became the site for mass production of penicillin. So it is safe to assume that present-day Peorians are descended from syphilitic boozehounds."-Stephen Colbert

POTD: February 15, 2010, June 20, 2010

The Glorious Bloom State Penguins (NCFAF) 2014: 2-9, 2015: 7-5 (L Pineapple Bowl), 2016: 1-0 (NCFAB) 2014-15: 10-8, 2015-16: 14-5 (SMC Champs, L 1st Round February Frenzy)

I'm not complaining but why is it that I live on the West Coast and saw the Yankees/Sox on Fox. I would have thought the game would have been something to do with either Western Division.

We in Los Angeles got the Red Sox-Yankees game on Fox yesterday, and unless the Dodgers or Angels are playing back east, Fox never gives us an early game (10am PT). At least Pretty Boy Buck didn't call the game with McCarver, we got Marv's son instead. I'm not sure if Fox had the Cubs-Cards regionally, and if so, that's probably where they stuck Buck.

As far as the Red Sox-Yankees rivarly, despite the fact that it's a great rivalry, it is overkill. You have other great historical rivalries that MLB can promote better, like Cubs-Cards or Dodgers-Giants. I can't stand the Yankees and I'm not much of a Red Sox supporter either, even though I did root for Boston each time they face New York in the playoffs. Seeing as that the Red Sox had laid down like dogs over this weekend, we probably won't worry about seeing Boston back in the playoffs.

I mean, did you know there is an entire National League of 16 teams?

Yea but unfortunatly all 16 teams suck majorly. :P

I'm sure if the Dodgers, Giants, Cubs and Cardinals would have been good (the Cards have been good but the Cubs have sucked) the last few years those rivalries would be hyped up. It hard to hype up a rivalry with teams under .500.

I thought after 2004 we were all done with this "entire season rests on every pitch" feeling. I swear my heart can't take this again. Thankfully Papelbon looks back on form and only allowed the 1 run with the bases loaded and no outs. One more Inning. Need.....to.....breathe.......easy.....

I thought after 2004 we were all done with this "entire season rests on every pitch" feeling. I swear my heart can't take this again. Thankfully Papelbon looks back on form and only allowed the 1 run with the bases loaded and no outs. One more Inning. Need.....to.....breathe.......easy.....

Easy to forget he's just a rookie. He's got the bottom of the order for the 9th. Paps just completely saved Francona's ass. Man that guy is intense.

IUe6Hvh.png

Archived