worst WNBA nick

ivan26278

• Replies 62
  • Created
  • Last Reply
the Jazz, which sounds ridiculous since you won't normally hear jazz music in the state of Utah...

You know this how?

Vanessa Hudgens appeared in a wet dream vision of his and told him. ^_^

philly.png

the Jazz, which sounds ridiculous since you won't normally hear jazz music in the state of Utah...

You know this how?

is that before or after she was done banging Zac Effron?

Btw for those that think that there is no jazz in utah besides the basketball team,

i present to you the Salt Lake City Jazz Festival

SLC Jazz Festival

While your at it stop by Monks House of Jazz near Near the intersection of E 200 S and E 2nd S

islandersscroll.gif

Spoilers!

Atlanta Sizzle? Really? Would they pipe in the smell of bacon to Philips Arena during the player intros?

On 1/25/2013 at 1:53 PM, 'Atom said:

For all the bird de lis haters I think the bird de lis isnt supposed to be a pelican and a fleur de lis I think its just a fleur de lis with a pelicans head. Thats what it looks like to me. Also the flair around the tip of the beak is just flair that fleur de lis have sometimes source I am from NOLA.

PotD: 10/19/07, 08/25/08, 07/22/10, 08/13/10, 04/15/11, 05/19/11, 01/02/12, and 01/05/12.

You know this how?

Who the heck IS Vanessa Hudgens anyway???

:blink:

You know this how?

What - you're not up on the latest ex-Disney stars? :P

shysters_sm.jpg

"One of my concerns is shysters show up and take advantage of people's good will and generosity".

What - you're not up on the latest ex-Disney stars? :P

That explains it. No - I'm not (thankfully).

To give you a perspective on my age, a good friend of mine from college (Terri Eoff Misner) was the "adult host" of that Mickey Mouse Club that had Justin Timberlake, Brittany Spears, Christina Aguilera, etc. in it.

When they were CHILDREN.

:wacko:

You know this how?

Btw for those that think that there is no jazz in utah besides the basketball team,

SLC Jazz Festival

While your at it stop by Monks House of Jazz near Near the intersection of E 200 S and E 2nd S

Headlined by 1996's own Big Bad Voodoo Daddy. I guess SLC High's jazz band was playing a senior's home that night.

1 hour ago, ShutUpLutz! said:

and the drunken doodoobags jumping off the tops of SUV's/vans/RV's onto tables because, oh yeah, they are drunken drug abusing doodoobags

You know this how?

another would be paris hilton, britney spears, lindsay lohan. same with that other one on disney whom has a 4 foot section dedicated to in wal-mart's toys department. give them a few years and they too will be hitting the headlines with scandals, drug busts and rehab.

Headlined by 1996's own Big Bad Voodoo Daddy. I guess SLC High's jazz band was playing a senior's home that night.

sounds like the theme of our high school's freshman class of 98 that had the Big Bad Voodoo theme. Their class did a musical theme which sounded like this wierd jazzy, psuedo-gothic disorganized mess.

on a similar note, our senior jazz band did play at an old folks home. they were asked never to return.

islandersscroll.gif

Spoilers!

You know this how?

SLC Jazz Festival

What mid-size "big city" city doesnt have a jazz festival? Along with film fests, art walks and refurbished waterfront shopping, jazz festivals are right there in the civic planning catalog. I'd say there's more jazz in utah since the team moved there. As for WNBA teams, the Sparks is an awful name and identity. I'd prefer "Lady Lakers", "Lady Knicks", etc....(And never mind trying,"With the way the Knicks are playing...", or "There already is a Lady Knicks" comments. That, and "My {eyes,retinas, pupils} are burning", need to be retired to the Chris Creamer Witty Retort Hall of Fame)

You know this how?

I know who Vanessa Hudgens is. She's the star of High School Musical & High School Musical 2 and girlfriend of her co-star Zac Efron; heck, everybody should know who she is by now!

Besides, this Vanessa Hudgens thing is WAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAY off-topic!

YOZXkBG.png?1

Seriously... what is it about women playing sports (that aren't hot oil wrestling and foxy boxing and such and such) that attracts so much undeserved hate? I don't think there's ever been a (relatively) stable league that caught more s**t just for existing than the WNBA.

As far as the nicknames... they might not be "traditional," but neither are a lot of the names in the NBA (Heat, Jazz, Trail Blazers, etc). The only problem I have with the WNBA nicks is that they use these fluffy (supposedly) feminine names over perfectly good female-centric nicknames like "Queens" and "Banshees." If the NBA doesn't have a problem using male-centric names like Bucks and Kings, why should the WNBA (which actually claims the gender of its players in the name of the league) avoid doing the same?

You know this how?

SLC Jazz Festival

Something tells me Zac Efron ain't into the ladies much, but that's waaay OT.

Anyway, you could pick a WNBA franchise name out of a hat and have a valid argument as to why that name's the worst... So, any of them would do...

Seriously... what is it about women playing sports (that aren't hot oil wrestling and foxy boxing and such and such) that attracts so much undeserved hate? I don't think there's ever been a (relatively) stable league that caught more s**t just for existing than the WNBA.

The WNBA is different than the NBA and is thus bad. Plus, women suck at everything not involving sex or cooking. How long have you been an American, sir?

(Yes, this is tongue in cheek. Good point, illwauk.)

1 hour ago, ShutUpLutz! said:

and the drunken doodoobags jumping off the tops of SUV's/vans/RV's onto tables because, oh yeah, they are drunken drug abusing doodoobags

As far as the nicknames... they might not be "traditional," but neither are a lot of the names in the NBA (Heat, Jazz, Trail Blazers, etc). The only problem I have with the WNBA nicks is that they use these fluffy (supposedly) feminine names over perfectly good female-centric nicknames like "Queens" and "Banshees." If the NBA doesn't have a problem using male-centric names like Bucks and Kings, why should the WNBA (which actually claims the gender of its players in the name of the league) avoid doing the same?

i don't know either why there is alot hate for a womens sports. i'm not in to basketball so i don't watch either the nba and certainly not the wnba. thats more or less due to me not caring about basketball to watch either league. however I do like hockey, and i've caught some womens college hockey and enjoyed as much if not more than nhl hockey. if there was a comparable professional womens league for hockey, like the WNBA is for the NBA i'd watch that probably more than the NHL. I've always had a thing for women and hockey. i don't know maybe its me. Now womens football is a little wierd for me, but thats more me being accustomed to seeing women play tennis, basketball, hockey, golf, soccer and softball.

The problem with professional womens leagues are that women don't make up enough of a demographic to make people care about say the WNBA. I remember having this discussion with the Mrs. I said, "if a pro womens hockey league was created say the WNHL, would you rather watch the WNHL or the NHL even though you are the target audience?" She essentially said no, i rather watch the islanders. Watching women athletes don't interest her as much as watching pro male athletes. (go ahead and add freudian sexual analysis here). what find interesting is alot of women who are spots fans either because they are or because their boyfriend/husband is rather watch pro male leagues over a pro womens league. Even though women are the target audience.

islandersscroll.gif

Spoilers!

I think the wnba gets hate because of how much hype it gets from the NBA with all its tie-ins at the all star game and such. Also, wasn't there a superior competing league that started at the same time but had to fold?

I don't think there's any question that there is a place for womens' pro ball, if it's the only thing on tv I don't mind watching it for a little bit - but it seems like the scale and level of prominence of the WNBA is more than it could maintain independently without all the NBA support.

Archived