First Uniforms with New Template

mohelmets

I tried out my new template to see how it would look....I used a real school here in Missouri, the Nixa Eagles....It's a basic uniform, which is what I wanted to try first, before trying more complex things....This is the real uniform that the school uses....

What do you think?

Mike

NixaUniforms.gif

pwmhshpbanner.gif

pwihshpbanner2.gif

Fonz and Georgie....

I had nothing to do with either of those things....All I did was take the head and arms from a baseball template and combined them with two football templates...The helmet and uniforms came from two separate templates...I wanted to make something that was a bit more realistic looking...I wanted to add arms and a head to the side view, but I couldn't find any...That and the fact that arms would block a good part of the jersey, so I would have avoided using them anyway...

JFR....Why did you not make this observation known when I was working on the template last week? I know....You were too busy cutting everyone else up, including the signature of Bigdub81 in my previous thread..."Big Signature Alert" was all you had to say, which had nothing whatsoever to do with the thread itself...

Everyone else...Thanks for the comments...

Mike

pwmhshpbanner.gif

pwihshpbanner2.gif

Like lmupepbander said, the numbers are entirely too big. Otherwise, this is pretty decent. The shoulderpads seem a tad too large also, but they're not bothering me s much as the numbers.

Well, as far as the numbers go, you guys will have to tell the school that.....I only made the uniforms based on what they actually have...1991 can vouch for me, because he made these same uniforms...

As far as shoulderpads.....I didn't make the templates before piecing them together....I took already made templates and used components from them to form one template...

1991...I will look for them in the next couple of days then....Thanks bro...

Mike

pwmhshpbanner.gif

pwihshpbanner2.gif

You might want to add some structuring lines to the side views. The striping and arm holes look like they're suspended in mid-air or attached to the side of the jersey. Other than that, the template looks solid.

The neck/head is too low.

That's because the model is wearing shoulder pads. With the pads on, it looks normal to me.

The only suggestion I would make, and sorry for not posting this when you showed off your template earlier, is that you could try shading in some ridges on the thigh pads. I think that it could probably look cooler.

You keep saying you didnt make the template or jersey or arms and neck etc. That doesnt excuse it for looking at of proportion when in fact you are the one that pieced it together.

Distort - Skew - Scale and it whoudl look fine.

I dont think blaming the guys who did teh hard work and made teh actual templates should be held accountable for yours not working as a whole.

You keep saying you didnt make the template or jersey or arms and neck etc. That doesnt excuse it for looking at of proportion when in fact you are the one that pieced it together.

I dont think blaming the guys who did the hard work and made the actual templates should be held accountable for yours not working as a whole.

I dont think blaming the guys who did teh hard work and made teh actual templates should be held accountable for yours not working as a whole.

Maybe, but what do you see that is out of proportion? You're comments aren't very helpful when you can't explain what you mean...

Also, how does it not work as a whole? Have you tried it yet?

When I was making the template, everyone was bickering back and forth with each other and didn't suggest this or that to make it better....Now, after I got it done (or so I thought), NOW people make suggestions about it...By the way, your suggestions are clear as mud and not helpful whatsoever...

Distort - Skew - Scale means nothing to me when it's not an option in the software I used...

When you can help out in a respectful manner and say what you mean, then I might consider your help...

This rant is not pointed at anyone who has made helpful suggestions or have made compliments...Thanks for your input...

Mike

pwmhshpbanner.gif

pwihshpbanner2.gif

Maybe, but what do you see that is out of proportion? You're comments aren't very helpful when you can't explain what you mean...

Also, how does it not work as a whole? Have you tried it yet?

When I was making the template, everyone was bickering back and forth with each other and didn't suggest this or that to make it better....Now, after I got it done (or so I thought), NOW people make suggestions about it...By the way, your suggestions are clear as mud and not helpful whatsoever...

Distort - Skew - Scale means nothing to me when it's not an option in the software I used...

When you can help out in a respectful manner and say what you mean, then I might consider your help...

This rant is not pointed at anyone who has made helpful suggestions or have made compliments...Thanks for your input...

Mike

Distort and skew simply mean changing the shapes, messing with angles etc. Scale is simply changing the size of something.

JFR....Why did you not make this observation known when I was working on the template last week? I know....You were too busy cutting everyone else up, including the signature of Bigdub81 in my previous thread..."Big Signature Alert" was all you had to say, which had nothing whatsoever to do with the thread itself...

For what it's worth and minus all the bitching from the your last thread, I think that your template is really good. I am a born artist and I take small stuff into consideration in doing my concepts because there are people that will bicker if you miss a logo placement or if there isn't a shadow falling off of the neckline in the rear view of the jersey. I try to limit my mistakes the best I can so if I had to do any revisions in my work it would be minimal at best. You have a solid template here and I really don't see anything wrong with other than just putting in some work on the shoes and maybe adding a set to the side view of the template. Honestly it never made sense to me to have shoes on the template considering that it had no body to go with it. You have given it a body as I did and whoever might have done before me (for those who will argue). But you have taken it a step further with the helmet and it can only get better so keep up the g-work!

And as far as 4u Johnny Fried Rice....u can suck my eggroll cause' my sig's aint half as big as some of them on here so take your hatin' ass somewhere else!!!!

For what it's worth and minus all the bitching from the your last thread, I think that your template is really good. I am a born artist and I take small stuff into consideration in doing my concepts because there are people that will bicker if you miss a logo placement or if there isn't a shadow falling off of the neckline in the rear view of the jersey. I try to limit my mistakes the best I can so if I had to do any revisions in my work it would be minimal at best. You have a solid template here and I really don't see anything wrong with other than just putting in some work on the shoes and maybe adding a set to the side view of the template. Honestly it never made sense to me to have shoes on the template considering that it had no body to go with it. You have given it a body as I did and whoever might have done before me (for those who will argue). But you have taken it a step further with the helmet and it can only get better so keep up the g-work!

And as far as 4u Johnny Fried Rice....u can suck my eggroll cause' my sig's aint half as big as some of them on here so take your hatin' ass somewhere else!!!!

Archived