Anaheim Ducks New Unis?

MarkAtnip

OK Admittedly I have been out of the loop for a couple of weeks, but upon returning home from a nice vacation off the cost of Alaska, I returned home to find the NHL 2007 yearbook in the mailbox and I had pictures of these:

ducksnew1.jpg

ducksnew2.jpg

Mighty Dungs of Anaheim?

Someone take all of thier colorful crayons?

Anaheim AFTER the next quake?

Everyone expects them to play like crap?

Wyoming called and says they are fabulous.

I can't imagine there isn't a thread, complete with the little puking smiley face and about 100 "I hate it" messages somewhere but I didn't find it. I think these will last longer than the Buffaslug, but I am giving them 2 years, Max.

BroncosSig.jpg

The photos are from the Team website. The Ad in the NHL yearbook also looks very much brown.

Let me clearify just a bit. I like the white road uniforms, but the home darks are... well... brown. While they might be better than WildWing, They are really no better than what they wore last year in the playoffs, just different. I can't imagine anything on this uniform becoming a timeless identity for the Ducks, and if you are going to completely change everything, that is what you should go for.

BroncosSig.jpg

The wordmark looks awful on the helmet.

The rest of the uni doesn't bug me. I have seen it in person and it does look pretty clean.

But i agree with everyone else on the board, that some sort of logo would be nice.

I will still miss the eggplant.

The NHL yearbook you say? Where did you order it from, I couldn't find it last year.

These still make me think 'Penguins'. The orange on the gloves and pants does take that away a little bit though. I agree with an above poster, the wordmark on the helmet is bad.

Those pics make them look brown, but I'm pretty sure they're black. I don't mind the brown, actually--less generic than black.

BTW, here's a pic of them in action at some rookie tournament.

1403.f.jpg

As announcer of this rookie tournament, even from a distance in the scorer's box you can't tell what team this is because the logo is too lean and small. Now the numbers are absolutely sharp, they're as thick as Ottawa's alternate. In addition in a two minute span I walked past Luc Robitaille and Wayne Gretzky. Not bad !

Archived