Tampa Bay Lightning

LiteShoop

Its hockey season again so I had to redo the Lightnings jersey's. I ditched the black homes and instead went with blue homes with a black atlernate. Someone here made the bolt logo. Sorry I can't remember the name but thanks its a great logo. Also I slapped together a secondary TB logo for the sholders.

C&C welcome.

Lightning06.png

Note: the gray is more of a silver, I just could figure out how to make it more "silver like".

MonitorLightningCCSLC.pngMonitorUSFCCSLC.pngMonitorBuccaneersCCSLC.pngMonitorRaysCCSLC.pngMonitorCarlEdwardsCCSLC.png

Two muffins are in an oven when one says to the other, "Man, it's hot in here." The other says, "Holy crap, a talking muffin!!"

I really like the style for the Bolts, they are definitely one of the teams in the NHL that need an upgrade. The only thing I'm a bit questionable about is the number font, it might be hard to distinguish from a distance. Other than that, excellent work.

I'd mess with the colors of the "stripes" on the black alt. For some reason, I just don't like the way they look on it. Maybe try making the white one blue, and the blue ones white? Asied from the numbers, these look pretty sharp.

There are far too many similarities to the Buffaslug jerseys for my liking. I like the idea of using blue as a primary rather than black, but I think the gray is too dark. It is somewhat of a step in a... better... direction for Tampa Bay.

There are far too many similarities to the Buffaslug jerseys for my liking. I like the idea of using blue as a primary rather than black, but I think the gray is too dark. It is somewhat of a step in a... better... direction for Tampa Bay.

Agreed. Plus, why would jagged lightning bolts be represented by a series of curves?

On the other hand, I like what you've done with the logos, but the numbers should go.

tbltninglogojnk.jpg

I'm glad to see that there are people who like my ideas here. I like the TB and the fact that you used mostly blue for the jersey. don't really like the number for them though, maybe not so short and stubby looking. What if you stretch them vertically abit. It does seem a lot like Buffalo's new set, but if this is going tho be the style in the next few seasons, it's not a bad idea to go with that concept. :hockeysmiley:

bleedsvg2014_03_03_12_53_210b.png

Edge2baWolves2d.jpg

Ok, I should have explained this earlier, the jerseys, I had a little theme I wanted to work with. Every Lightning concept I've seen, took more-or-less the same approach: make the jerseys look like a thunderstorm. This I like, but most of them tried to emphasize the lightning part of the strom. I asked myself why? They already have a big lightning bolt on the front of the jersey. So I tried to make the jersey look like the storm is brewing. With the "blue" skies being invaded by the silver and black clouds. You know the build-up.

Buffaslug references bring'em on. I'm one who is not challenged by change. I personally don't care for Buffalo's new unis because thier pervious ones were awsome, but I like to have some variance in jersey design. Every team can't have the same triple-stripe sleeves and socks. I'm sorry this isn't directed at a single person but more the idea that, "thats not how (insert any professional sport) jersey look". Thats why I LOVE this site we're able to take weird and unexpected turns with concepts. If I take this to say the offical/fan Lightning site they'll always have the same replies,"thats not how lightning jersey look". They just don't get it. Thank you that concludes my rant of the day.

Alrightback to the redo, a few changes:

1) Number font

2) Lightend up the silver a bit

3) The (awsome) logo that deked made I two-tuned the silvers to give it a bit of depth.

Lightning02.png

MonitorLightningCCSLC.pngMonitorUSFCCSLC.pngMonitorBuccaneersCCSLC.pngMonitorRaysCCSLC.pngMonitorCarlEdwardsCCSLC.png

Two muffins are in an oven when one says to the other, "Man, it's hot in here." The other says, "Holy crap, a talking muffin!!"

Like the second number font. Looks great. Maybe make the lightning bolt gold instead of white. (a classy gold, not the NO Saints gold). Gold might spruce up the look as a highlight color.

Bring back the Cup!!!

spacer.png  5-time Defending NL East Champions spacer.png 

The numbers look somewhat like "Wide Latin"

It might be cliche, but what if you used a jagged font for the numbers, so it looks like the numbers were made of lightning bolts.

You know, I rarely visit ccslsc anymore. I really should fix that.

- italicize the numbers the same way the TB logo is.

- add "trim" to all the crazy striping. make it pop.

- get the state of florida out of my logo.

- BRING BACK THE BOLT ON THE PANTS!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!

Alright I went with ya one the trim and the state, but I keep the state on the alternate, with all the black and silver it just seemed too bare.

Gold on the bolt..... sorry can't go with you there for two reasons:

1) gold is not an official Tampa Bay Lightning color.

2) If you reasoning is that lightning is yellow or a yellowish hue, sorry it's white. I know I've lived in south Florida my whole life. :P

lightning064.png

C&C welcome.

This has improved very well, I think you've got it witht he last try. THe sriping is very good, very storm-ish, very fluid, exactly the kind of design that a team related to storms should be.

The blue and black are both used pretty equally, which is my major gripe about the current sets where black is over prevalent, and the blue is so underused (I miss the blue alts so badly...)

This style of numbering is good too. The first was far too styliszed. These feel both more basic, yet more unique for the team

why would jagged lightning bolts be represented by a series of curves?

Everyone but Steiny is missing the point. The uniform design is very nice, and it would work great for a different team. It clashes with the Lightning logo, though.

I'd kill to see that design with the Hurricanes' crest and colors. Seems like a perfect fit.

I like simple designs for hockey jersies, but just a sidenote...shouldn't we design hockey jersies with the lame new style? since the NHL is going to go with the new jersey style format for next season?

Wouldn't it make designs like this harder?

LETS GO PENGUINS!

5x Stanley Cup Champions

Archived