College uniforms....

Thad

Which one of these college teams needs to change their uniforms the most?

-Alabama

-Arkansas

-Penn State

-Oregon

-Delaware

I say Arkansas, cause when they played the Tide they had the ugliest side strips on the jersey ever!

Life is 10% what happens to you and 90% about how you react to it.
App State Mountaineers / Alabama Crimson Tide / Atlanta Braves / New York Jets / Atlanta Hawks
"If you believe in yourself and have dedication and pride - and never quit, you'll be a winner. The price of victory is high but so are the rewards." [Bear Bryant]
Redmond Rampage

Arkansas, ditch those nasty side stripes and go back to more traditional look like the other Southern schools liek LSU, Ole Miss , Georgia etc...

Penn State is perfect.

Oregon needs to go back to the first version

of this uber-uni from '99-02

Bama's helmet is just classic, Penn States are tradition and the blues look great and the all whites have a quiet dignity to them

I think what needs to change is how half the teams that use a shade of red look the same:

IU, OU, Tex AM, and others need to change (OU can stay)

there needs to be more use of the side panel I think for these red teams

signature.gif

Penn State is perfect

I wouldn't touch Penn State, Oklahoma, or Alabama, too much tradition.

However, Indiana needs a facelift - maybe if they played better they'd get noticed.  It's those PAC10 school who never won until recently that need an update.

I'd only add silver to the Tex A&M unis, still a lot of tradition there too.  

People complain about Penn States "practice" uniforms, but you got to have something that the "working class" wear and get teased about.  I've seen some pretty cool concepts before, nice looking but Joe P. will nix them in a milli-second.

Kansas-BB-banner.png My-son-Soldier-banner.png

Kansas City Scouts (CHL) Orr Cup Champions 2010, 2019, 2021         St. Joseph Pony Express (ULL)  2023 Champions     Kansas City Cattle (CL)

The reason Penn State's uniforms are like that is a simple one. Plain. No-Descript. It is ment for one purpous, to identify the team as Penn State. No names, because no one is bigger than the team, and there are no idividuals on teams (Michigan State's new coach is doing that, i really like that)

Penn State's uniforms, same as Alabama's and Oklahoma's, are sacred. THey are sacred to the Students and the institution itself. When you see those crimson uniforms with the block numbers on the helemt, it's Alabama, there is no doubt. When you see those plain white helmets with the single stripe, and the plain blue jersey, you know your playing Linebacker U., Penn State. Tradition runs deep at these colleges, deeper than even i could begin to understand. That's what makes college football so great. Too bad the BCS ruins alot of it, but when you just take inthe game itself, the single game, and forget all the other bull:censored:, college football is truly great.

Stay Tuned Sports Podcast
sB9ijEj.png

Alabama's and PSU's uniforms have remained true to time through thick and (particularly this year in both cases) thin. The only "radical" change I think PSU has made in my lifetime (35 years) has been the change from grey to blue facemasks.   Alabama has occasionally worn a white helmet on the road, but that's about it.  I think both of these schools' uniforms will likely remain immune from any kind of substantial changes.

Relatively speaking, OU has played around a bit with their uniforms since the late 60's.  They have darkened the red in their jerseys, switched to a block "OU" on the helmet (it was rounded at one point), placed "Sooners" on the front of their jerseys, and most recently, switched to a metallic red helmet which is a tad bit lighter than past helmets.  

And KCScout, you might be interested to know that this is only the second year that IU has used their "Sooneresque" uniforms.  They aren't great, but they're a step up from the black helmeted gear they had been wearing for the few seasons prior to 2002.  I really liked the uniforms they had during the Anthony Thompson years (late 80's).  That was one uniform where a little bit of black trim really looked good.

I'm fully on the record as being aghast at Oregon's uniforms.  I've never liked any of their post-1998 sets and think the "human highlighter" uniforms are the epitome of dreadfulness.  HOWEVER, the university and Nike make no bones about the fact that they are partners and that UO will continue to serve as Nike's guinea pig for uniform technologies and I'm okay with them continuing to serve in this role even though I usually can't stand the product they end up wearing on the field.  It's an emerging tradition and I like tradition in college football, even if it results in a perpetual parade of ghastly duds -- so long as Oregon is the only team wearing them.

Oh I wouldnt touch bamas, I just got a 98 Alexander, and I could get a Joe Willie and itd be the same, who the H@(( would touch them? And I like U o D's cause they give props to the team that got them the money to start a football program, Michigan. I know theres a team like that in GA, that does the same with Bama, Southern Georgia I think. But I would change Oregons jersey to the ones they had during the Harrington era, those were the best I've seen. Also, Texas Tech needs to ditch the red jerseys!  :angry:

~RTR~  :)

App State Mountaineers / Alabama Crimson Tide / Atlanta Braves / New York Jets / Atlanta Hawks
"If you believe in yourself and have dedication and pride - and never quit, you'll be a winner. The price of victory is high but so are the rewards." [Bear Bryant]
Redmond Rampage

I think once Joe Paterno retires (or gets ousted), Penn State will see a change. Probably it will be a simple change, such as a Nittany Lion head on the helmet, or maybe even just the letters PSU in block letters on the helmet. Nothing more than that.

CK3ZP8E.jpg

What's with 'Bama going to the Atlanta Braves logo? They used ot have that cool elephant. Anyway yeah those are all pretty much too traditional to touch except Arkansas and Oregon, who need to go back to the Harrington-era unis. Arkansas should change but not necessarily to a traditional uni cause there are sooo many damn teams with just red and white uniforms (IU, OU, 'Bama, so many more). Also all teams that have Bronco-esque unis need to drop em (TT, BSU, Miami Ohio). And Miami for the love of God PICK A JERSEY AND PANT COLOR AND STICK WORTH IT!! STOP PLAYING MUSICAL UNIFORMS!!

What's with 'Bama going to the Atlanta Braves logo? They used ot have that cool elephant.

they still do have that elephant.  i think the Braves-like A is only used at the football midfield and on baseball hats.

2016cubscreamsig.png

A strong mind gets high off success, a weak mind gets high off bull🤬

As a bleed-green&gold-loyal Oregon fan, let me just say I don't like the new unis. I'd prefer if they switched back to the 99-02 version.

In additional, I miss the yellow U-O helmets from the Rich Brooks/Gang Green Defense days. If only those would work the green/black unis...*sigh*

The being said...I think Michigan could go for the M logo on the sleeves of thier jerseys (don't touch the helmet, though), Oklahoma can ditch the "Sooners" on the front of their jerseys, or go for a little bit of black shadow on the numbers, and Boston College could use an red outline eagle wing on their helmets...their jersey are way too modern and stylized to have a blank helmet.

i just put UoD to see if ppl knew what it looked like

Redmond Rampage

Archived