Niners at Bears

Shroinke

Does anyone know if the Bears will be breaking out their orange alternates for Sunday's game against San Francisco? I ask because we wore them last year when the 49ers came to town for the legendary "Wind Bowl". Maybe you remember a certain Nathan Vasher setting an NFL record with a 108-yard missed FG return?

a_vasher3_275.jpg

I checked the Bears' web site and didn't find any info on scheduled uniforms.

Oh, and I posted this in the Sports forum, but just some food for thought:

Bears, as a team, are scoring 30.0 ppg (1st in NFL)

49ers, as a team, are allowing 32.3 ppg (32nd in NFL)

What's the betting line on that game, I wonder.

It was said last year when these came out, and I think it bears repeating: These jerseys look good, but they just don't look like something that should be worn by the Bears. Yes, I know orange was worn for a time in the '30s, but that's no excuse to revive it. The Bears are navy blue. Period.

But, as long as they're gonna keep going for the 3-rd jersey merchandising revenue, get some orange socks to match. One of my favorite features of the Bears' uniform is the two separate sets of socks to match the navy and white jerseys. The Bears need an orange sock with navy blue stripes outlined in white to complete this look.

On 1/25/2013 at 1:53 PM, 'Atom said:

For all the bird de lis haters I think the bird de lis isnt supposed to be a pelican and a fleur de lis I think its just a fleur de lis with a pelicans head. Thats what it looks like to me. Also the flair around the tip of the beak is just flair that fleur de lis have sometimes source I am from NOLA.

PotD: 10/19/07, 08/25/08, 07/22/10, 08/13/10, 04/15/11, 05/19/11, 01/02/12, and 01/05/12.

Herk Posted Today, 19:55

didn't the bears actually wear the orange jersey with blue pants a couple of years ago for thanksgiving or was it just the orange jersey?

Yea, they wore throwbacks for Thanksgiving 2004, but they were different jerseys.

Also, they wore white pants, not blue, with them.

50308.jpg

spo_jonesLR.jpg

nfl19d8_lower.jpg

The current orange uniforms weren't introduced until last season.

Herk Posted Today, 19:55

didn't the bears actually wear the orange jersey with blue pants a couple of years ago for thanksgiving or was it just the orange jersey?

Yea, they wore throwbacks for Thanksgiving 2004, but they were different jerseys.

Also, they wore white pants, not blue, with them.

50308.jpg

spo_jonesLR.jpg

nfl19d8_lower.jpg

The current orange uniforms weren't introduced until last season.

actually, the pictured urlacher jersey above is a fashion jersey that was made a few years ago before official orange alternates were introduced, and the ones worn on thanksgiving were mid 30's era throwbacks.

actually, the pictured urlacher jersey above is a fashion jersey that was made a few years ago before official orange alternates were introduced, and the ones worn on thanksgiving were mid 30's era throwbacks.

Good catch, my bad.

I think they do this for halloween as well.

If they are going to do them (alts), at least they look decent. Its still a travesty.

Here's how they look in blue pants and orange jerseys...not good...

bearscombos.jpg

The blue socks on the template are missin the stripes, and the sleeve font is incorrect, the numbers should be more squat and thicker. But that is a good way to visualize all the combos.

As a Chicagoan I do see quite a few of the orange jerseys being worn att he stadium, but I don't know how many of those people feel they should be worn on the field. I agree with the others that say they do look great on their own, and I'd prolly buy one, but they're not for game day. I never thought of the Halloween connection, that could be a factor. I do think it's kinda lame that they're wearing them against the same team again this year.

But anyway, jerseys aside...

772539.jpg

RISE UP BEAR FANS, AND DROWN OUT THESE INTRUDERS!!!!

:D

I should have mentioned that those aren't exact and I'm aware. I had made these when I was creating the template.

Mongo...jeez. I swear whenever he's on the radio all he talks about is his playing days. He must mention his "records" hourly.

What was the one he did last year where he raised up his sunglasses and they'd freeze on that for what seemed like 2 mins?

There's a timeout....

Archived