Arenas Wants Wizards Change

lilgump

• Replies 40
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Are you kidding me?

Gilbert J. Arenas is an NBA superstar.

He is the most popular athlete in DC in years.

He is the perfect role model.

He is everything the Wizards organization and the city of Washington could have asked for...and a helluva LOT more.

He can do whatever the hell he wants.

* Gilbert J. Arenas is a highly-compensated professional athlete. Nothing more, nothing less.

* Given the fact that he is a simple human-being, prone to all of the inherent flaws that exist in our species, the likelihood that he is a "perfect" anything - let alone, role model - is non-existant.

* While he may well be everything the Wizards' organization could have asked for, unless he's capable of lowering the crime rate, increasing student performance in schools, eliminating urban blight, wiping out drug use, etc., than he is hardly "... a helluva LOT more" than "... the city of Washington could have asked for".

Bottom line? You can get up off of your knees and wipe your chin, now. ;) Seriously, he's a professional jock... PERIOD. I mean, I'm as big a sports fan as you're ever likely to find. However, the level to which otherwise sane and reasonable people will prostrate themselves before the altar of pro sports is mind-boggling to me.

Let's all be thankful that Gilbert Arenas is accompanying President Bush at the NATO summit in Latvia, so this situation in Afghanistan can finally be put to rest.

On 1/25/2013 at 1:53 PM, 'Atom said:

For all the bird de lis haters I think the bird de lis isnt supposed to be a pelican and a fleur de lis I think its just a fleur de lis with a pelicans head. Thats what it looks like to me. Also the flair around the tip of the beak is just flair that fleur de lis have sometimes source I am from NOLA.

PotD: 10/19/07, 08/25/08, 07/22/10, 08/13/10, 04/15/11, 05/19/11, 01/02/12, and 01/05/12.

The most pertinent question is this: Who gives a rat's ass what Gilbert Arenas wants?

Are you kidding me?

Gilbert J. Arenas is an NBA superstar.

He is the most popular athlete in DC in years.

He is the perfect role model.

He is everything the Wizards organization and the city of Washington could have asked for...and a helluva LOT more.

He can do whatever the hell he wants.

So...do you want to listen to the 81-year-old owner who hasn't won in 28 years?

Or do you want to listen to the 24-year-old face of the franchise?

Advantage: Agent Zero.

:therock: Please tell me you're being tongue in cheek.

He's not the second coming of Jesus Christ, you know. He's a freaking basketball player - nothing more, nothing less.

Besides, red, white, and blue, are waaaaaaaaaaaay overdone. But personally, I'm holding out hope that they change their name to the Generals.

"Washington Generals" isn't exactly a storied name for a basketball team.

Tongue firmly in cheek . . . sort of. If it weren't for the Globetrotters history, I really think the name Generals would fit perfectly for a Washington team. Even with that, I'd love to see a sports owner show that he has a sense of humor.

a_arenas_i.jpg030606-s2.jpga_arenas_i.jpg

You may ask: How does Gilbert Arenas accomplish such awesome feats? Why does he so love the colors red, white and blue? Where did he learn such funky dance moves?

In response to which I remind you: Gilbert Arenas is an Arizona Wildcat.

BEAR DOWN, ARIZONA!

Who would win in a fight between Superman and Darth Vader?

Gilbert Arenas.

Gilbert Arenas doesn't read books. He stares them down until he gets the information he wants.

Gilbert Arenas doesn't sleep; he waits.

Gilbert Arenas beats rock, scissors, and paper.

Gilbert Arenas invented water.

The current colors are fantastic, but I think a D.C. team is almost obligated to wear red, white and blue.

Ummmmmm.....

p1_adu_1212.jpgcourtesy%20washington%20redskins.jpg

The Nationals currently wear red white and blue. The former Bullets wore it just a handful of years ago, as did the Capitals. The Redskins don't because the team colors from Boston traveled with the franchise to D.C.

Nice attempt at nitpicking, but I think most of the adults on the forum knew what I was talking about. There's not many towns that lend itself so naturally to a certain "ready made" color scheme like D.C.

Archived