NHL Uniform Rundown

johnnysama

Sure, the NHL has some good uniforms, but there are a few stinkers out there. Here's what I think should be worn by each team.

WESTERN CONFERENCE

PACIFIC DIVISION:

ANAHEIM DUCKS: Meh, current uniform is OK, but the Mighty Ducks logo was the best out there.

DALLAS STARS: I can't think of anything wrong with this uniform set.

LOS ANGELES KINGS: Go back to the early 90s uni set. Those were pretty fearsome-looking, fo' sho'!

PHOENIX COYOTES: Just leave them be.

SAN JOSE SHARKS: Hey, what works, works. Don't change a thing.

NORTHWEST DIVISION:

CALGARY FLAMES: Lose the black and the horse sweater and go back to wearing what you had in 1988.

COLORADO AVALANCHE: The only logo you've ever worn, is fine in my book.

EDMONTON OILERS: The Gretzky-era look was the best. Go back to the 1980s!

MINNESOTA WILD: Can't say much here.

VANCOUVER CANUCKS: Three words: The skate logo.

CENTRAL DIVISION:

CHICAGO BLACKHAWKS: A classic look, all the way. No need for a change.

COLUMBUS BLUE JACKETS: Can't think of anything wrong with that logo.

DETROIT RED WINGS: See the Blackhawks.

NASHVILLE PREDATORS: Mustard? Maybe making it a darker gold would enhance the look.

ST. LOUIS BLUES: Lose the black.

EASTERN CONFERENCE

ATLANTIC DIVISION:

NEW JERSEY DEVILS: Hmmm...... the current black-on-red scheme works well. 1980s green? Nah.

NEW YORK ISLANDERS: Brighten the blue again.

NEW YORK RANGERS: Messing with this logo = altering the Mona Lisa. Although you might want to lose the lace-up collar. Laces, to me are sooo 1958.

PHILADELPHIA FLYERS: Hey, it's a popular logo that evokes memories, so why change it?

PITTSBURGH PENGUINS: The mustard shade- ugh. Go back to wearing regular gold, please. And maybe bring back the 'modernized' Penguin logo of '92.

NORTHEAST DIVISION:

BOSTON BRUINS: Why would you mess with this logo/uniform?

BUFFALO SABRES: The Buffaslug = meh. The classic Sabres logo of 1970 is what should be brought back (on a full-time basis, not as just an alternate jersey).

MONTREAL CANADIENS: Duh.

OTTAWA SENATORS: Eh, the 3/4 profile view of the Roman Senator's head = only as an alternate.

TORONTO MAPLE LEAFS: Lose the TLM logo on the shoulders, and put the abstract maple leafs back on the shoulders.

SOUTHEAST DIVISION:

ATLANTA THRASHERS: No changes needed.

CAROLINA HURRICANES: See above.

FLORIDA PANTHERS: Ditto.

TAMPA BAY LIGHTNING: I'm hurting myself typing this, so why change?

WASHINGTON CAPITALS: While the current logo reflects the city well, the classic red-white-blue look is more fitting. Bring it back.

Well, that's my say on the unis and logos of the NHL.

UBwef0L.png

WESTERN CONFERENCE

PACIFIC DIVISION:

ANAHEIM DUCKS: Meh, current uniform is OK, but the Mighty Ducks logo was the best out there.

I stopped reading after this. That cartoon duck mask in eggplant and teal was one of the worst abominations in sports history.

PapelbonSpaceship.png

bannerlong.jpg

Flames don't have the black alt anymore, and the Blues don't use black.

You seem like a guy who's pretty content with the overall state of jerseys in the league. We will see next month if you still have the same opinion, when the new jerseys come out. ^_^

Flames don't have the black alt anymore, and the Blues don't use black.

Looked like black to me. And what I meant by the Flames' case is any remaining vestiges of black they have.

The Blues use both royal and navy blue. Maybe that's what confused you.

p2336089nm.jpg

Sure, the NHL has some good uniforms, but there are a few stinkers out there. Here's what I think should be worn by each team.

NORTHWEST DIVISION:

CALGARY FLAMES: Lose the black and the horse sweater and go back to wearing what you had in 1988.

EDMONTON OILERS: The Gretzky-era look was the best. Go back to the 1980s!

I agree on the Flames--but at least they got rid of the black thirds.

I disagree on those ugly Oilers blue & orange--they are retch worthy. Their current unis are great colours--they just need a logo not stuck in the early 70's...

Then again with the changes coming your suggestions may all be academic...

Comic Sans walks into a bar, and the bartender says, "Sorry, we don't serve your type here."

WESTERN CONFERENCE

PACIFIC DIVISION:

I stopped reading after this. That cartoon duck mask in eggplant and teal was one of the worst abominations in sports history.

Aw, c'mon. It wasn't that bad. I liked it.

Better than what they have now. They don't even have a logo now. Just the word "Ducks" with a fancy D. :P

My comments on these, for what it's worth.

WESTERN CONFERENCE

PACIFIC DIVISION:

ANAHEIM DUCKS: It's a sad year in hockey history when this monstrosity is considered an improvement. Come on, Ducks, let's see something creative (but not creative to the weird degree).

DALLAS STARS: Just fine.

LOS ANGELES KINGS: Best of the Kings bunch, although I do miss the purple and gold.

PHOENIX COYOTES: I like the howling Coyote.

SAN JOSE SHARKS: Just fine.

NORTHWEST DIVISION:

CALGARY FLAMES: I agree with Johnny -- get rid of the black and the horse. Only keep the horse if they want to change the name to Stampeders.

COLORADO AVALANCHE: It's a good logo. Get rid of the Colorado-diaganol look for alternates.

EDMONTON OILERS: I agree, the Gretzky-era look was best.

MINNESOTA WILD: Awful name but great logo. Still, I've never liked the colors.

VANCOUVER CANUCKS: Nothing has worked for Vancouver. Go back to the drawing board.

CENTRAL DIVISION:

CHICAGO BLACKHAWKS: Yep. A classic.

COLUMBUS BLUE JACKETS: Very uncreative.

DETROIT RED WINGS: Another classic.

NASHVILLE PREDATORS: First, why do they have an extinct animal as their logo? Second, why is a team from Nashville called the Predators, when Music City can come up with all sorts of other ideas?

ST. LOUIS BLUES: Just fine.

EASTERN CONFERENCE

ATLANTIC DIVISION:

NEW JERSEY DEVILS: A good-looking logo.

NEW YORK ISLANDERS: Just fine.

NEW YORK RANGERS: Not one of my favorites, but who am I to argue against tradition?

PHILADELPHIA FLYERS: A very good logo.

PITTSBURGH PENGUINS: Just fine.

NORTHEAST DIVISION:

BOSTON BRUINS: Again, not one of my favorites, but who am I to argue against it?

BUFFALO SABRES: Oh, sheesh ...

MONTREAL CANADIENS: Need I even say anything?

OTTAWA SENATORS: My only question: Why is a Roman Centurian being used as a Roman Senator for a logo? You want Senators? Get a logo of some politicians taking money under the table. Even if it is Canadian money.

TORONTO MAPLE LEAFS: Just fine except for the TLM.

SOUTHEAST DIVISION:

ATLANTA THRASHERS: I like this logo. I know a lot of others don't, but I think it's cool.

CAROLINA HURRICANES: Great uniforms. Don't change.

FLORIDA PANTHERS: Another great uniform. Don't change.

TAMPA BAY LIGHTNING: Tampa Bay has a hockey team? (Just kidding, just kidding). They're just fine.

WASHINGTON CAPITALS: Go with the Capitol instead of the eagle, and go red, white and blue.

WESTERN CONFERENCE

PACIFIC DIVISION:

ANAHEIM DUCKS: Still needs a little more adornment on the upper part of the jersey. The striping is a nice idea, but I feel the orange will eventually take over. The wordmark isn't enough... a secondary crest would be a good idea.

DALLAS STARS: Colors, logo, design, it's all good.

LOS ANGELES KINGS: Great logo, but jerseys could use a sleeker font.

PHOENIX COYOTES: A modern classic. If only the team was any good.

SAN JOSE SHARKS: No reason to change whatsoever.

NORTHWEST DIVISION:

CALGARY FLAMES: Home red uni one of the best in league. Great set.

COLORADO AVALANCHE: It's been a decade and the unis have staying power. No need to change.

EDMONTON OILERS: Interesting color update that still looks good.

MINNESOTA WILD: Somehow take a weak color combo and make it look great. The alt needs to go.

VANCOUVER CANUCKS: Seriously, pick a design and go with it. Blue and green doesn't quite make sense, but I don't know if navy, red, royal, silver and black do either.

CENTRAL DIVISION:

CHICAGO BLACKHAWKS: Still great.

COLUMBUS BLUE JACKETS: It's all gone down hill with the phasing out of the electric green. A unique set is now boring.

DETROIT RED WINGS: Classic.

NASHVILLE PREDATORS: Still looks pretty good, but I didn't like the shoulder logo change. The alt just needs to go. It's not bad, but it's not necessary.

ST. LOUIS BLUES: Their best set ever. Just think what crap they wore in the early 90s. The unis are awesome.

EASTERN CONFERENCE

ATLANTIC DIVISION:

NEW JERSEY DEVILS: Another modern classic. No change, please.

NEW YORK ISLANDERS: Finally got it right. The orange alt needs orange socks, IMO.

NEW YORK RANGERS: The 3rd is still great, and the blue is classic. The white uni still bothers me a bit with the over elaborate shoulders.

PHILADELPHIA FLYERS: Logo still works, just get rid of the black jersey, and bring back the orange version of it.

PITTSBURGH PENGUINS: It's always nice to see when teams get it right. Classic. The only thing I might ask for is a light blue alt.

NORTHEAST DIVISION:

BOSTON BRUINS: Could be simplified a bit, but new alt is a step in the right direction.

BUFFALO SABRES: Nice jersey design, with a fantastic numbering/lettering combo. Logo could be better, but it'll look awfully nice on the banner they raise at the home opener next year. No complaints from me.

MONTREAL CANADIENS: Can't go wrong with home, road, or alt. Best uniform in sports.

OTTAWA SENATORS: Still amazing they were able to make such a timeless logo in an era of Mighty Ducks, Lightning and Sharks.

TORONTO MAPLE LEAFS: Hate the team, but can't hate the unis. Sharp.

SOUTHEAST DIVISION:

ATLANTA THRASHERS: Nice crest, just not a fan of the different designs for home and road. Alt should've stayed as an alt. Nice, but could end up getting tired.

CAROLINA HURRICANES: Stripe pattern creatively great. Somehow I don't see any need to change.

FLORIDA PANTHERS: Please go back to the red at home. PLEASE?

TAMPA BAY LIGHTNING: Interesting to see that they've gone with mutiple lettering styles and haven't touched the uniform design. Logo, while weak, is a fixture now. A blue alt would be nice.

WASHINGTON CAPITALS: Desparately need a better color scheme. And a new lettering style. Something tells me that it's not too far off.

NEW YORK RANGERS: The 3rd is still great, and the blue is classic. The white uni still bothers me a bit with the over elaborate shoulders.

The Rangers raod jersey is the best in the league with the exception of the Blackhawks road. The red collar with the laces is the best thing that ever happened to the Rangers jerseys.

Spoiler

New York Rangers. Stanley Cup Champions - 1928, 1933, 1940, 1994. Saskatchewan. Cold. 1905-2022.

NASHVILLE PREDATORS: First, why do they have an extinct animal as their logo? Second, why is a team from Nashville called the Predators, when Music City can come up with all sorts of other ideas?

The image comes from the fact that a fossilized sabre-toothed tiger in its den was found when digging to build a Nashville skyscraper in the 1970's. As it was and still is an extremely rare find, they chose to use it for the branding of their expansion hockey team.

As far as the name "Predators," I'm not sure what else you could do if you still use the sabre-tooth. I can see what you mean with the other options, but there isn't much left to use. The Sounds and the defunct Rhythm play off the "Music City" angle, and the Titans play off Nashville being "The Athens of the South."

Barring the country cliches like the "Twang," Confederate references like the Rebels, or resurrecting the old minor league names like the Dixie Flyers or South Stars (two of my favorite names, but each contains a nod to a current team, making both of them no good), I'm not sure where else we could go. "Jammers/Jam," maybe? Tri-Stars?

However, I love the Predators. Excellent branding, incorporating area history (the find) and pre-history (this area used to be roaming grounds for the sabre-toothed cats) into a brand image that's unique and stands out in the busy sports landscape of Nashville and the NHL. Also, it's easily shortened to "Preds"...and name me one team that isn't intimidated by the Fang Fingers. B)

All this said, I think the Mustard is a monstrocity myself. A big ugly mess. The 3-d and fossil alt logos are exceptional, but the mustard logo just looks bad to me. However, the home and road unis arebasically perfect.

AUSPole.pngWAT2nd.png

Go Gators. Go Blue Raiders. Go Commodores. Go USC Trojans.

Preds & Avs.

Braves, Rays, & Dodgers.

Titans, Colts, Broncos, Cardinals.

Grizzlies. 14ers, Jam.

Team Spirit + Laziness = Yay.

My $0.02:

WESTERN CONFERENCE

PACIFIC DIVISION:

ANAHEIM DUCKS: Never had a great look with old or new jerseys.... take it back to the drawing board, boys.

DALLAS STARS: Great looking jerseys. I hope they don't muck with it too much when they go to the form-fitting jerseys next year.

LOS ANGELES KINGS: Any thing is better than the old purple and yellow, that's for sure.... but I would like to see the black, silver and white again with a different logo.

PHOENIX COYOTES: Would've loved to see them wear the old Jets unis when they played the Oilers in the pre-season in Winnipeg, but if it can't be the Jets, any thing's better than the original Coyotes jerseys.

SAN JOSE SHARKS: Looks fine IMO.

NORTHWEST DIVISION:

CALGARY FLAMES: The black C on the red sweater is the best they've ever looked.

COLORADO AVALANCHE: It's OK I guess, but the colors could stand to be changed.

EDMONTON OILERS: Navy blue looks best... I wish they would've used copper instead of silver in the 3rd jerseys though.

MINNESOTA WILD: What blind person created this Christmas combination?

VANCOUVER CANUCKS: Any thing is better than the "V" jerseys, but the next jerseys should go back to the old blue, green and white.

CENTRAL DIVISION:

CHICAGO BLACKHAWKS: Classic. Touch it and die!

COLUMBUS BLUE JACKETS: Should use their third jersey's logo as the main logo and they'll look great.

DETROIT RED WINGS: Why mess with what works?

NASHVILLE PREDATORS: Jersey looks good, but the logo needs to be simplified by using less color and detail (BTW, lose the yellow 3rd jerseys!)

ST. LOUIS BLUES: Current jerseys are the best they've ever looked.

EASTERN CONFERENCE

ATLANTIC DIVISION:

NEW JERSEY DEVILS: I really like the red, black and white. Don't touch a thing.

NEW YORK ISLANDERS: Another team that needs an overhaul, but this time go with a designer that isn't retarded!

NEW YORK RANGERS: Look great. I even like the third jersey with the Statue of Liberty. These guys can do no wrong.

PHILADELPHIA FLYERS: Love these things

PITTSBURGH PENGUINS: Should've REALLY been overhauled when the last change was made.... maybe go to the original Penguins colors like Wilkes-Barre (AHL) uses.

NORTHEAST DIVISION:

BOSTON BRUINS: Classic.

BUFFALO SABRES: Absolutely LOVE the new uniforms, but the logo should've been a blue/yellow version of the old third jersey's crossed swords.

MONTREAL CANADIENS: How could you even think about altering this?

OTTAWA SENATORS: Meh... it's OK I suppose. Lose the ugly 3rd jerseys though.

TORONTO MAPLE LEAFS: The leaf design is a classic, so you can't do MUCH to it, but I am glad to hear that it's going to be updated a little.

SOUTHEAST DIVISION:

ATLANTA THRASHERS: Really like the light blue jerseys. The stripe up one arm makes them unique too.

CAROLINA HURRICANES: The logo looks like a flushing toilet bowl. This jersey was a mistake since Day 1 IMO.

FLORIDA PANTHERS: Why does Florida need 2 hockey teams? Move this team outta there.

TAMPA BAY LIGHTNING: I think the logo could stand to be altered just a little, but don't go crazy.

WASHINGTON CAPITALS: I like the eagle logo as well as the White House logo... don't have to change a thing right now.

WESTERN CONFERENCE

PACIFIC DIVISION:

ANAHEIM DUCKS: Their current look is much better then the Disney crap they had before.

DALLAS STARS: Go back to a jersey style similar to the 88-91 North Stars, and use the Texas logo as the primary.

LOS ANGELES KINGS: Their current look is pretty nice, I would lose the wordmark across the waist, and use a block font for the names and numbers.

PHOENIX COYOTES: Simple, clean, classic look. MUCH better then what they had before. They just need to add the Arizona logo to the other shoulder, and go with a wishbone collar on both jerseys.

SAN JOSE SHARKS: They look pretty good, and I love the contrast between their primary home/road set and their alt. I would add the shark fin logo to the shoulders of the home and road sweaters though.

NORTHWEST DIVISION:

CALGARY FLAMES: They made the right choice dropping the black alt. Now they need to drop the horse logo from their home and road sweaters, and use a white "C" on their home red. They also need to standardize the striping and collar styles between the home and road.

COLORADO AVALANCHE: The only things I like about this look is the number font and the colours. Keep those, and redesign everything else.

EDMONTON OILERS: Drop the third, use the Gretzky-era blues as alts. Also, on the home and road, switch the 70'S "OILERS" logo and the cool looking roughneck logo.

MINNESOTA WILD: Best all around look in the league, IMO

VANCOUVER CANUCKS: Use the green and blue scheme, and use Johnny Canuck as the primary, with the rink logo as the secondary. Use the throwbacks as alts.

CENTRAL DIVISION:

CHICAGO BLACKHAWKS: Replace the red home sweater with the black alt. Put a black tie-down collar on the red jersey and use it as the alt.

COLUMBUS BLUE JACKETS: Use the third jersey as the home sweater, and make a white version for the road. Also, ditch the "CBJ" logo all together.

DETROIT RED WINGS: Classic. Wouldn't mind seeing and throwback inspired alt though.

NASHVILLE PREDATORS: Home and road are cool, but they should have kept the old alt with the Gaylord Arena tower in it. The current alt logo looks like someone killed the primary mark. I would also ditch the mustard alt with the hideous logo and never mention them again.

ST. LOUIS BLUES: Perfect, but I would add the trumpet logo to the shoulders.

EASTERN CONFERENCE

ATLANTIC DIVISION:

NEW JERSEY DEVILS: Perfect, all though a black alt wouldn't hurt.

NEW YORK ISLANDERS: They're in desperate need of a new logo. Bring back the fisherman!

NEW YORK RANGERS: The home and road are great, but I wouldn't mind the shield logo making it onto the shoulders. They also need to ditch the Liberty alts.

PHILADELPHIA FLYERS: Ditch the 3-D orange alts, bring the regular orange jerseys back full time, and relegate the black to alt status.

PITTSBURGH PENGUINS: I don't mind the Vegas gold, but the old yellow wouldn't look bad either.

NORTHEAST DIVISION:

BOSTON BRUINS: Go back to the Orr-era uniforms, with the updated logo.

BUFFALO SABRES: Worst in the league. They should have gone with a Vegas gold and navy recolouring of the black and red jerseys, with the "B/sabre" on the shoulders, with the crossed sabres logo as their crest.

MONTREAL CANADIENS: Red home is perfect. I would modify their white throwbacks and use them as the primary road jersey. I would use the current white jerseys as alts.

OTTAWA SENATORS: Use the blacks the home uniforms, and make a white version for the road. Use the red swoop jerseys as the alts. On all three use the "flat" logo as the primary, and the "leaf/Peace tower" logo as the alt.

TORONTO MAPLE LEAFS: Go with the alt as the road jersey, and make a blue version for the home. Use a green jersey inspired by the old St. Pats as the alt.

SOUTHEAST DIVISION:

ATLANTA THRASHERS: The home is different, but for the Thrashers that's a good thing. They need to make a white version for the road though.

CAROLINA HURRICANES: Perfect. A black alt with the hurricane flag logo would be great.

FLORIDA PANTHERS: They have pretty good colours and logos, they just need start over again with the jersey design.

TAMPA BAY LIGHTNING: Use blue as the primary colour, not black. Through some silver into the striping, and use the alt logo as the primary.

WASHINGTON CAPITALS: They should use the white road jersey design at home as well. Also, the colour scheme needs to be changed to red, white, and navy blue with gold highlights. Also, lose the Capital dome logo.

CHICAGO BLACKHAWKS: Replace the red home sweater with the black alt. Put a black tie-down collar on the red jersey and use it as the alt.

As good as the black sweater is, the red is so much better. You can't marginalize The Best Sweater In Hockey like that.

WESTERN CONFERENCE

PACIFIC DIVISION:

You lost me after this one. :D

PACIFIC DIVISION:

ANAHEIM DUCKS: Eggplant and teal was trendy, but black, orange, and gold is downright putrid. Green and Orange would be perfect, and for God's sake, get a real logo.

DALLAS STARS: A uniform whose two main colors are black and dark green, and that uses a bizarre template and crappy wordmark for a logo has no right to look this good. But it does, so unless someone can think up something really original, leave it alone.

LOS ANGELES KINGS: Put the crown on the purple uniform and make it the primary, lose the wormark at the bottom, and get some better numbers.

PHOENIX COYOTES: The new uniforms are boring and got rid of one of my favorite logos ever. I'd like to see a concept similar to the old one, but with the current color scheme.

SAN JOSE SHARKS: Nothing major needed here. Maybe brighten the teal a bit, and lose the Denver Broncos stripes on the home jerseys.

NORTHWEST DIVISION:

CALGARY FLAMES: I'd say ditch the black, but red and yellow together makes me retch. So we're stuck in a quandry. I wonder how light blue and red would look.

COLORADO AVALANCHE: See my description of the Stars' unis.

EDMONTON OILERS: Sure, why not, go with the Gretzky era unis. They may be ugly, but at least they're a winning ugly.

MINNESOTA WILD: Perfection.

VANCOUVER CANUCKS: Johnny Canuck in blue and green makes for a fun uni.

CENTRAL DIVISION:

CHICAGO BLACKHAWKS: I don't get all this fawning over the Blackhawks' uniforms, but I see nothing wrong with them either.

COLUMBUS BLUE JACKETS: Whole new identity, please. This one's far too forgettable.

DETROIT RED WINGS: Classic.

NASHVILLE PREDATORS: A simplified logo and color scheme of just navy, silver, and white.

ST. LOUIS BLUES: Lighten the navy just a wee bit, so it's discernable from black.

EASTERN CONFERENCE

ATLANTIC DIVISION:

NEW JERSEY DEVILS: Classy look, no need to change anything here.

NEW YORK ISLANDERS: Ditch the clip art logo for something completely new.

NEW YORK RANGERS: Both the blue and white Liberty alts made into the primaries, with the older design reserved as an alt for games against original 6 teams.

PHILADELPHIA FLYERS: The old orange jersey as the primary, with the black as an alternate.

PITTSBURGH PENGUINS: Perfect. And the switch to vegas gold helps differentiate them from the Bruins, which is always good. Now if it weren't for those stupid Ducks . . .

NORTHEAST DIVISION:

BOSTON BRUINS: I agree the current uniforms are too busy, but one thing I love about them is how prevalent the gold is in them. A new simpler design that still has plenty of gold would be great. A gold alternate would be even better.

BUFFALO SABRES: Please remove the mind-control device that Reebok has attached to the brains of the Sabres' ownership.

MONTREAL CANADIENS: Home's perfect, road should be an updated version of the throwback. Do this, and the Habs have one of the best uniform sets in the league, hands down.

OTTAWA SENATORS: Use the blacks the home uniforms, and make a white version for the road, both with the flat logo. And add a laurel wreath decal to the sides of the helmets.

TORONTO MAPLE LEAFS: A new logo, with the same basic shape of the current, but the detailing of the old.

SOUTHEAST DIVISION:

ATLANTA THRASHERS: Put the primary logo on last year's home jersey. Duh. And ditch the light blue alt.

CAROLINA HURRICANES: Darken the red just a tad. NC State red is a particularly offensive shade of scarlet.

FLORIDA PANTHERS: Make the reds the primaries, and ditch the broken stick logo altogether.

TAMPA BAY LIGHTNING: Use blue as the primary color, switch the logo to the one of the lightning bolt crossed with the outline of Florida. And I think this is one team that could benefit from a more modern jersey template, if it is done tastefully (see: not Buffalo)

WASHINGTON CAPITALS: I really like the current color scheme, and am not a fan of the overuse of red, white, and blue in sports, so a switch back to the old blue eagle jersey is all I ask. And maybe someday, a new logo based off of the Presidential seal.

Since all the cool kids are doing it...

WESTERN CONFERENCE

PACIFIC DIVISION:

ANAHEIM DUCKS: I'd like to see a dark green instead of black. And, a logo.

DALLAS STARS: There's nothing wrong with this I guess, but I'm just not a huge fan of the template. I liked the North Stars template better.

LOS ANGELES KINGS: Revert back to the silver and black from the 90s

PHOENIX COYOTES: I don't mind this, but I would introdue a third color (other than red and white) into the mix. They're too similar to Detroit for my taste.

SAN JOSE SHARKS: I think their look is fine the way it is. Very nice jersey pattern.

NORTHWEST DIVISION:

CALGARY FLAMES: I like them the way they are, black C and all. I'd find a new alt logo though.

COLORADO AVALANCHE: Blow it up. The number font is so 90s, the colors don't work well together, and the pointy striping is blech. Like the alt, though.

EDMONTON OILERS: No problems here.

MINNESOTA WILD: Again, a solid set I wouldn't change much.

VANCOUVER CANUCKS: I hate the orca, so a Johnny Canuck logo could be cool. I wouldn't mind seeing green abd blue, either.

CENTRAL DIVISION:

CHICAGO BLACKHAWKS: Unless they want to bring back the barber pole (which I would love as a third), they should leave their set.

COLUMBUS BLUE JACKETS: I agree with everything Icecap said: Use the third jersey as the home sweater, and make a white version for the road. Also, ditch the "CBJ" logo all together.

DETROIT RED WINGS: Classic. Wouldn't mind seeing and throwback inspired alt though.

NASHVILLE PREDATORS:Blow it up. Crappy colors, crappy logo, crappy jersey design. Start over.

ST. LOUIS BLUES: I love their set. Leave it be.

EASTERN CONFERENCE

ATLANTIC DIVISION:

NEW JERSEY DEVILS: Another very nice set. Though I wouldn't mind seeing very very slight green trim here and there...

NEW YORK ISLANDERS: I hate the Islanders but like their look. It's vintage, yet modern.

NEW YORK RANGERS: Love their set, don't change anything.

PHILADELPHIA FLYERS: Switch the alt and home uni, and they'd be fine.

PITTSBURGH PENGUINS: They have a nice set, but someone needs to tell Marc-Andre Fleury to buy new pads.

NORTHEAST DIVISION:

BOSTON BRUINS: Bring back the older B-spoke logo. This one is too busy.

BUFFALO SABRES: Either bring back the originals or justupdate it in some way that uses the same basic logo. Oh yeah, and make sure to keep the sock stripes (of the vintage ones)

MONTREAL CANADIENS: Again, agree with Icecap: Red home is perfect. I would modify their white throwbacks and use them as the primary road jersey. I would use the current white jerseys as alts.

OTTAWA SENATORS: Ditch the 3-D senator, and ditch the stupid swoop jersey. Use the flat senator for both home and away.

TORONTO MAPLE LEAFS: Again, Icecap nailed it: Go with the alt as the road jersey, and make a blue version for the home. Use a green jersey inspired by the old St. Pats as the alt.

SOUTHEAST DIVISION:

ATLANTA THRASHERS: I like their set right now. Leave it be for now.

CAROLINA HURRICANES: They need to tone down the red in the home jersey. Black shorts maybe? Something like that.

FLORIDA PANTHERS: I don't like their logo or jersey design. Blow it up.

TAMPA BAY LIGHTNING: Again, blow it up.

WASHINGTON CAPITALS: Screw red white and blue. This color set is nice. Bring back the blue eagle jersey, and they have a nice set.

Archived