NFL Week 14 Preview

NJTank

I'm hoping for a good, competitive game Sunday night. The Saints have been able to score but Dallas has a pretty good defense. Colston and Joe Horn being injured is tough and the Hollis Thomas thing really blows. I'm hoping Colston can go and at least Will Smith has returned to practice so he'll probably play. I'm worried about the Saints secondary; Glenn has torched them before and of course T.O. is on the other side. They simply have to get pressure on Romo because the best quarterback is a lot less effective when he's dodging the rush.

And...Reggie's terrific, but he MUST learn to quit extending the ball every time he gets near the first down marker or goal line, and how to carry it without fumbling. There's a time to stretch out but he's been very fortunate so far. If you saw last week's touchdowns, he's going to lose one of those near the goal line.

I'm reluctant to make a prediction but would REALLY like the Saints to make a statement in this game.

With all that said, believe me I'm grateful for the season they've had. All the "experts" had them going about 4-12. My wife and adult daughter went with me to the MNF game against the Falcons and none of us will ever forget it. Still, their work isn't done and Payton's doing his part to remind them of that. I think the Saints may be a little hungrier than the Cowboys.

92512B20-6264-4E6C-AAF2-7A1D44E9958B-481-00000047E259721F.jpeg

How do you imagine the Broncos will score 7 against the Chargers?

Tatum won't be able to carry the offense against SD like he did last week against Seattle and, well, did you watch Cutler play last week? He made Jake look like Elway.

IUe6Hvh.png

I want the Bucs to win but they are terrible

Even ive lost the will to argue this one.

Lest you forget, these are the 2006-07 Atlanta Falcons, which means that the term "Any Given Sunday" is especially relevant in this argument.

With that being said, we should win. Should being the operative word.

I want the Bucs to win but they are terrible

Even ive lost the will to argue this one.

Lest you forget, these are the 2006-07 Atlanta Falcons, which means that the term "Any Given Sunday" is especially relevant in this argument.

With that being said, we should win. Should being the operative word.

Most definitely. The Falcons do have the better team IMO. It seems like they don't or lose focus or something. Dropped passes anybody? Trying to pick a ball off AT THE END OF THE HALF vs. New Orleans and allowing a touchdown... Bonehead plays kill the Dirty Birds. Focus dogs, and it's your game. The key is playing smart football and helping Vick because he's been forced to do it all way too often.

-E.A.R.

As shown in my sig, I've become a Derek Anderson fan, this guy looks pretty good in two games so far with the Browns.

---

Jags/Colts seems like a tough game to pick this week for me. Indy sure won't want to lose 2 straight games, after a shocker, but the Jags have a ton to play for as well...should be a good one.

you picked the titans to lose the last 3 games.

you were wrong every single time.

now you pick for the titans to lose to the texans.

is your name merrill hodge, by any chance?

in fact... you've picked the titans to lose EVERY SINGLE GAME all season long (including every game vince young has started), with the exception of opening weekend... where, again, you were in fact wrong.

"I think the Saints may be a little hungrier than the Cowboys"

I wouldn't go that far my bayou brother. Both teams are hungry. Both teams have a vibe and pulse about them that hasn't been around in years. I think it will be an epic game and should live up to all of the early (and non-stop) hype.

BTW if you want the 'America's Team' moniker, please take it and keep it. I've always hated that crap and it is usually played up by only the dregs of Cowboy fandom.

newsig.jpg

One minor slipup on a fluke 60-yarder and suddenly the Colts are no good again. Oh well, just provides extra fuel come playoff time.

And The Fins aren't going to beat New England.

And as we've seen in the past, the Colts need all the extra playoff fuel they can get.

:rimshot: :P

Archived