Penguins Get Arena Deal Done

Ez Street

• Replies 426
  • Created
  • Last Reply

KDKA in Pittsburgh is reporting that a deal is done for replacing Mellon Arena.

TSN has also picked it up: http://www.tsn.ca/nhl/news_story/?ID=199903&hubname=

What a great day! Now all we need is that cup!

One thing at a time there, champ. :D

One of the darkest times in Pittsburgh sports...

...is now the brightest.

Save the pens... no more. Pens are Saved.

They will be ours for decades now. Their sucess in our arena. Thank God. Its what weve been praying for here. This is a great day for the city of Pittsburgh. For once, our government came through for us.

Sorry to KC. Great city. Too bad you couldnt pull the pens out. Maybe the NHL will et Nashville move. Expansion is the last thing the leauge needs now.

Pittsburgh Arsenal - Elite Football League (NFL) - est. 2006Β 

Ahh so it been confirmed?? Hmm it would have been nice to have the Penguins come to Winnipeg but as was explained for reasons for not being suitable due to corporate support and etc as we do have a new hockey arena to boot!! Who knows if we will get lucky with another NHL team to come here or somewhere?

Ice Hockey International Winnipeg Braves (Bobby Hull Division 18-3-0 1st place as of March 14, 2011)

2010-11 O'Brien Trophy for Bobby Hull Division championship & Jack Riley Cup for top team in league regular season

Thank God. Its what weve been praying for here.

This confirms what everyone already knew... god hates winnipeg

Gary Bettman is god? Whoa.

Although if I really needed another reason to be an agnostic, that's probably it.

Hmm it would have been nice to have the Penguins come to Winnipeg but as was explained for reasons for not being suitable due to corporate support and etc as we do have a new hockey arena to boot!!

A new, small hockey arena. Get it right.

Welcome to DrunjFlix

"I can't confirm a report of any settlement," Rendell spokesman Chuck Ardo said.

That's very telling to me. It shouldn't be something you "settle" on. It should be an "agreement" that is something both sides want.

That said, I, having been through the North Stars leaving, don't wish that on anyone else ever again, even if a move West might benefit my club getting moved to a better division.

Don't count on anything until the shovels hit the ground. We think we are getting a new ballpark in Minneapolis, but that's still up in the air...

HansonsSig.jpg

Click here to read Third String Goalie - The Hockey Jersey of the Day Blog

Click here to see my hockey and baseball jersey collection online

?You don?t like to see 20 kids punching 20 other kids. But it?s not a disgrace, It?s hockey.? - Michael Farber

"Streeter Puts up Brave Front but Cries on the Inside"

:D

Funny.

I did at one point really want this to happen. Sometime in January. But I soon realized KC was "Whoring" itself out to help the cause of Pittsburgh. I suppose it was noble and self serving at the same time.

I think the AEG showed the NHL their interest and helped out the Penguins to get in the "good graces" of the NHL.

I am truely happy for the Penguin fans. You cannot deny that fan base. The NHL would be hurting to lose a good American Hockey Market like that.

The Preds to KC talk has already been started when the Penguins situation looked to be going Pittsburgh's way.

I still say it will be an expansion team for the "City of Fountains".

Yes, 32 teams. The talent pool just isn't diluted enough yet.

The NFL agrees.

[Croatia National Team Manager Slavan] Bilic then went on to explain how Croatia's success can partially be put down to his progressive man-management techniques. "Sometimes I lie in the bed with my players. I go to the room of Vedran Corluka and Luka Modric when I see they have a problem and I lie in bed with them and we talk for 10 minutes." Maybe Capello could try getting through to his players this way too? Although how far he'd get with Joe Cole jumping up and down on the mattress and Rooney demanding to be read his favourite page from The Very Hungry Caterpillar is open to question. --The Guardian's Fiver, 08 September 2008

Attention: In order to obtain maximum enjoyment from your stay at the CCSLC, the reader is advised that the above post may contain large amounts of sarcasm, dry humour, or statements which should not be taken in any true sort of seriousness. As a result, the above poster absolves himself of any and all blame in the event that a forum user responds to the aforementioned post without taking the previous notice into account. Thank you for your cooperation, and enjoy your stay at the CCSLC.

This is great news. I really did not want the Penguins to move at all. They have one of the best identities in the league and who doesn't love their happy penguin playing hockey logo. Also I used to really like the Penguins from around '99 and follow them the most after the Devils.

Now that the arena is going to get built, Pitt & Duquesne need to get on the ball and start hosting NCAA Men's and Women's tourney games at the new arena, both the 1st & 2nd round matchup's and some Sweet Sixteen's. Also the city and Robert Morris U.(only div. 1 ice hockey school in the area) should really make a play for the Frozen Four.

They probably will get a Frozen 4, but you don't need a team to get one. Washington and Tampa are hosting it in a few years and neither one of those cities have any collegiate hockey programs near there.

So did Anaheim in 1999 at the Pond <--- It should still be called that !

Congratulations to Penguins fans out there. I am really, really happy to see you got a deal and your franchise is no longer in serious jeopardy.

Penguin fans have suffered enough these last few years, now you got a new rink and one of the most exciting teams in the league. Well deserved.

Archived