The Oakland Raiders

CFSize24

With Detroit's win over Dallas the Raiders will have the top pick in the '07 NFL Draft.

What do you guys think? Brady Quinn perhaps. There is an obvious need at QB for the Raiders.

centerfieldbanner2.png

Formula GP

CenterField 22 pts

#7 Coca-Cola Giancarlo Fisichella 4pts

#8 Coca-Cola Lewis Hamilton 18pts

TRAC

CenterField Motorsports

#5 Sony Kyle Busch

#8 Gatorade Kurt Busch

#9 Sirius David Ragan/Ricky Rudd

• Replies 66
  • Created
  • Last Reply

It doesn't matter who their QB will be, he won't have success with that offensive line. Take a linemen or trade down to take one.

Well we all know what happened the last time they took an O-Lineman.

862476~Robert-Gallery-04-Draft-Day-Photofile-Posters.jpg

Oakland will probably want an experienced QB. Look for them to make a pitch to get Matt Schaub or Damon Huard.

Is Schaub going to be an UFA?

I know they were asking alot for him last year. He seems to have some upside. I would think Huard would have a Kitna type role where they would use him until the rook they draft is ready.

centerfieldbanner2.png

Formula GP

CenterField 22 pts

TRAC

CenterField Motorsports

#5 Sony Kyle Busch

#8 Gatorade Kurt Busch

Wow the Lions cant even win they win

Or as my friend put it today: "They fail at failing."

At least it only cost them 1 spot though, and I don't really think they will miss out on anybody special. Last year they were down by 1 or 2 against the saints and it was 4th and really long. Joey Harrington just threw the ball up and Roy Williams caught it for a first down. They ran the field goal team out and they won it. That one cost them 6 spots, where this year it is only one. Later picks have actually been better for the lions.

MegatronSig2.jpg

I think Brohm stays for his senior year, and makes a run at the #1 for 08.

Though Al Davis doesnt have a history of drafting 1st Round QB's, itd be insane to pass up on Quinn here. Their offense is dismal and they need a signal caller of the future.

Early Mock Draft:

1)OAK- Brady Quinn, QB, Notre Dame

2)DET- Joe Thomas, OT, Wisconsin

3)CLE*-Adrian Peterson, RB, Oklahoma

4)TB*-Calvin Johnson, WR, Georgia Tech

5)ARZ-LaRon Landry, S, LSU

6)WSH- Gaines Adams, DE, Clemson

7)MIN- Dwayne Jarret, WR, USC

8)HOU- JaMarcus Russel, QB, LSU

9)MIA- Alan Branch, DL, Michigan

10)ATL- Reggie Nelson, S, Florida

11)SF- Leon Hall, CB, Michigan

12)BUF- Ted Ginn Jr, WR, OSU

13)STL- Paul Poslusnsky, OLB, PSU

rest to come later.... off to bed

Proud owner of the Utah Pioneers of the Continnental Baseball League.

GBCanada.png

PACKER BACKER FOREVER!

Though Al Davis doesnt have a history of drafting 1st Round QB's, itd be insane to pass up on Quinn here. Their offense is dismal and they need a signal caller of the future.

More importantly, for Quinn, is the spectre of pulling a Matt Leinart and taking a spectacular fall in the draft. After Oakland and Detroit, the next team that would pick him would be Minnesota at 7. After all, look at the QB situation for the Top 10...

Oakland: Needs an entire offence

Detroit: Needs an offencive line, RB, and QB (We may joke, but they are pretty good at WR)

Cleveland: Committed to Charlie Frye

Tampa Bay: Committed to Chris Simms

Arizona: Committed to Matt Leinart

Washington: committed to Jason Campbell

Minnesota: Not terribly committed to Tarvaris Jackson

Houston: Committed to David Carr

Miami: Committed to Daunte Culpepper/Joey Harrington

Atlanta: Committed to Ron Mexico

As for your picks, I don't find too many problems...except for JaMarcus Russell at No. 8. You're completely off base for a number of reasons:

(1) Houston is completely committed to David Carr... as an organization and financially

(2) Houston has more pressing needs on offence than a QB

(3) Houston had the No. 1 pick last season, and had the choice of either Matt Leinart or Vine Young for a QB. Who did they pick? a Defencive lineman.

(4) Most importantly... JaMarcus Russell is not a Top-10 pick in 2007. Period.

Now, I'll put aside my completely rational hatred for the Louisiana Ag Institute for a moment, but I'll still say that he isn't a Top-10 pick. He is prone to making mistakes in critical situations, and just doesn't have the ability to will a team to a win. Russell had good stats against lesser defences, but when they played Auburn and Florida, he was responsible for 0 TDs, several critical fumbles and INTs, and was one of the chief reasons given for their losses in these games. Now, with another year to polish his game, he'd probably be a Top-10 pick in 2008, but if he goes now, he's a late first rounder/early second rounder.

[Croatia National Team Manager Slavan] Bilic then went on to explain how Croatia's success can partially be put down to his progressive man-management techniques. "Sometimes I lie in the bed with my players. I go to the room of Vedran Corluka and Luka Modric when I see they have a problem and I lie in bed with them and we talk for 10 minutes." Maybe Capello could try getting through to his players this way too? Although how far he'd get with Joe Cole jumping up and down on the mattress and Rooney demanding to be read his favourite page from The Very Hungry Caterpillar is open to question. --The Guardian's Fiver, 08 September 2008

Attention: In order to obtain maximum enjoyment from your stay at the CCSLC, the reader is advised that the above post may contain large amounts of sarcasm, dry humour, or statements which should not be taken in any true sort of seriousness. As a result, the above poster absolves himself of any and all blame in the event that a forum user responds to the aforementioned post without taking the previous notice into account. Thank you for your cooperation, and enjoy your stay at the CCSLC.

Early Mock Draft:

1)OAK- Brady Quinn, QB, Notre Dame

2)DET- Joe Thomas, OT, Wisconsin

3)CLE*-Adrian Peterson, RB, Oklahoma

4)TB*-Calvin Johnson, WR, Georgia Tech

5)ARZ-LaRon Landry, S, LSU

6)WSH- Gaines Adams, DE, Clemson

7)MIN- Dwayne Jarret, WR, USC

8)HOU- JaMarcus Russel, QB, LSU

9)MIA- Alan Branch, DL, Michigan

10)ATL- Reggie Nelson, S, Florida

11)SF- Leon Hall, CB, Michigan

12)BUF- Ted Ginn Jr, WR, OSU

13)STL- Paul Poslusnsky, OLB, PSU

rest to come later.... off to bed

Buffalo does not need a WR they have Evans, Price, Reed, Parrish, all pretty good. But they do need a OL and mabye DL depending on who leaves

saBS.png

I really don't think Cleveland is all that committed to Charlie Frye either but it would be hard to pass up a talent like Peterson.

centerfieldbanner2.png

Formula GP

CenterField 22 pts

TRAC

CenterField Motorsports

#5 Sony Kyle Busch

#8 Gatorade Kurt Busch

I really don't think Cleveland is all that committed to Charlie Frye either but it would be hard to pass up a talent like Peterson.

The Browns need to be committed to aquiring an offensive line first and a pass rush second. They can draft QBs and RBs until the cows come home but until they get an O-Line they will continue to suck beyond description. Peterson will look pretty ordinary if he's running behind Browns lineman. Then again Jim Brown in his prime would look ordinary behind that bunch.

I don't think the Browns are committed to Charlie Frye at all. Up to this point Frye has been nothing but a lower priced and lower profile Tim Couch. Actually I think Couch had better numbers with less talent around him at this point in his career.

I'd like to see the Browns trade that three pick for a nice package of later picks and address their actual needs instead of pandering to the fans and media by taking a "name" player like Peterson or Quinn etc.

But I doubt it will happen and they'll go 3-13 again and kick a lot of field goals.

BB52Big.jpg

All roads lead to Dollar General.

More importantly, for Quinn, is the spectre of pulling a Matt Leinart and taking a spectacular fall in the draft. After Oakland and Detroit, the next team that would pick him would be Minnesota at 7. After all, look at the QB situation for the Top 10...

Oakland: Needs an entire offence

Detroit: Needs an offencive line, RB, and QB (We may joke, but they are pretty good at WR)

Cleveland: Committed to Charlie Frye

Tampa Bay: Committed to Chris Simms

Arizona: Committed to Matt Leinart

Washington: committed to Jason Campbell

Minnesota: Not terribly committed to Tarvaris Jackson

Houston: Committed to David Carr

Miami: Committed to Daunte Culpepper/Joey Harrington

Atlanta: Committed to Ron Mexico

As for your picks, I don't find too many problems...except for JaMarcus Russell at No. 8. You're completely off base for a number of reasons:

(1) Houston is completely committed to David Carr... as an organization and financially

(2) Houston has more pressing needs on offence than a QB

(3) Houston had the No. 1 pick last season, and had the choice of either Matt Leinart or Vine Young for a QB. Who did they pick? a Defencive lineman.

(4) Most importantly... JaMarcus Russell is not a Top-10 pick in 2007. Period.

Now, I'll put aside my completely rational hatred for the Louisiana Ag Institute for a moment, but I'll still say that he isn't a Top-10 pick. He is prone to making mistakes in critical situations, and just doesn't have the ability to will a team to a win. Russell had good stats against lesser defences, but when they played Auburn and Florida, he was responsible for 0 TDs, several critical fumbles and INTs, and was one of the chief reasons given for their losses in these games. Now, with another year to polish his game, he'd probably be a Top-10 pick in 2008, but if he goes now, he's a late first rounder/early second rounder.

Beleive it or not, as long as Childress remains head coach, the Vikes are terribly commited to TJack. It was his pick, his project, his guy. Chilli is a stubborn, heard headed, egotistical summbitch and he aint gonna give up on one of "his guys" after one year. If anything we go after Schaub or someone like that who can play now and let Jackson continue to learn behind him for awhile. Plus I dont want Quinn, I dont think he will be that good. I want Calvin Johnson bad. wait, that sounded sick.

twitter_zps93c9c8f9.png @josh_j12 smbelt_zps438edf04.png

CFA- Fargo Bobcats

Archived