Pre-Paid Toll Programs

marlinfan

While in New York State I noticed this logo at all the toll booths... I have no idea if it's a state only or nation-wide thing

EZ_PASS_200x150_wktv.jpg

Apparently it's a multi-state thing....

http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/E-ZPass

The word EZ-Pass, I believe, is used mostly in New York, with other states surrounding NYC also participating.

So says that article above:

The notion of electronic tolling had been considered as early as the 1980s, particularly in the New York metropolitan area. The tolling agencies of New York, New Jersey, and Pennsylvania ? which constitutes two-thirds of the country's $3 billion a year toll industry ? sought to create a compatible electronic tolling technology that could be used on the toll roads and bridges of the three states, in an effort to reduce congestion on some of the busiest roadways and toll plazas in the United States. In 1991, the E-ZPass Interagency Group (IAG) was created to develop an interoperable system, and involved the participation and cooperation of seven independent toll agencies ? The Pennsylvania Turnpike Commission, The Port Authority of New York and New Jersey, The New Jersey Turnpike Authority, The New Jersey Highway Authority (operator of the Garden State Parkway at the time), the New York Metropolitan Transportation Authority, the New York State Thruway Authority, and the South Jersey Transportation Authority (operator of the Atlantic City Expressway).

Under the direction of Peter Tufo, the Chairman of the New York State Thruway from 1989-1996, E-ZPass was first deployed on the Thruway at the Spring Valley toll plaza on August 3, 1993. Over the following three and a half years, the New York State Thruway Authority (NYSTA) installed electronic toll collection equipment, in stages, along the Thruway. By February 6, 1997, E-ZPass had been installed along the entire length of the corridor.

On a non-related note, considering the bolded section, tell me again why the Senate is a democratic institution?

1 hour ago, ShutUpLutz! said:

and the drunken doodoobags jumping off the tops of SUV's/vans/RV's onto tables because, oh yeah, they are drunken drug abusing doodoobags

They have the "Fast Lane" in Massachusetts which used to be sponsored by BankBoston and then FleetBoston before Citizens Bank took over. Also the original logo had FAST ontop of LANE so the A's made an actual "lane" didn't look too bad i will try to find a picture of it

fastlane_left.gif

The one for "Illinois" is called Ipass but it should be called "Cpass, cause you only find it in Chicago.

ipass2.jpg

But, the interesting reason I posted, is I think alot of them work multistate. My dad is a truck driver and he was in a state out east (I wanna say Maryland, but not for sure), and he went to pay the toll with cash, but the attendent waved him through. He inquired, she said it was his tollpass. Maybe its a Truck thing, I dunno.

So, perhaps many states have argreements more than just the EZpass.

I'm about to go on a toll, I'll keep my eye out for EZpass, cause I swear I've seen that logo on Illinois' before.

They have the "Fast Lane" in Massachusetts which used to be sponsored by BankBoston and then FleetBoston before Citizens Bank took over. Also the original logo had FAST ontop of LANE so the A's made an actual "lane" didn't look too bad i will try to find a picture of it

fastlane_left.gif

They have sponsors for a toll :blink:

The world is coming to an end.

saBS.png

fastlane_left.gif

I don't know why, but I love that Fastlane logo

---

Chris Creamer
Founder/Editor, SportsLogos.Net

"The Mothership" News Facebook X/Twitter Instagram

The one for "Illinois" is called Ipass but it should be called "Cpass, cause you only find it in Chicago.

ipass2.jpg

But, the interesting reason I posted, is I think alot of them work multistate. My dad is a truck driver and he was in a state out east (I wanna say Maryland, but not for sure), and he went to pay the toll with cash, but the attendent waved him through. He inquired, she said it was his tollpass. Maybe its a Truck thing, I dunno.

So, perhaps many states have argreements more than just the EZpass.

I'm about to go on a toll, I'll keep my eye out for EZpass, cause I swear I've seen that logo on Illinois' before.

I think its EZ pass on the Chicago Skyway, since it goes through part of Indiana too. I took it a few years ago and I believe it was EZ pass.

Archived