Eagles

CrookedThumb

Ugh...why don't they just wear orange pants? they still wouldn't match and they'd look just as horrible...

$30,000 fine for Joe Horn using a cell phone after he scores a touchdown.

$0.00 fine for an entire team wearing uniform combos that don't match.

What do they have in common? THEY'RE BOTH TACKY.

I love you NFL, i really do, but please, PLEASE end the alternate jersey program. Unless it's a throwback for an anniversay or something, just end the alternate program. These things, as most other Alternates, should have stayed as fashion jerseys...

Stay Tuned Sports Podcast
sB9ijEj.png

What JQK said!

Enough with the travesty that is the "alternate" jersey movement. Unless we're talking about legitimate throwback jerseys, these are just fashion jerseys being given a handful of days on the field of play in order to make them more desirable on the retail sales front. They are, by and large, ATROCITIES!!!

Brian in Boston

What makes this jersey worse is that Black isn't a main color in the eagles scheme. It's on thing if the color is one of the major colors in the scheme.

As far alts. it's one thing if teams wear them a few times over a long season (i.e., 5 times in an 82 game season, 10 times in a 162 game season) The should never be worn in the playoffs, and they should not be worn in the nfl (too short of a season).

What happened to the 1 game only rule for alts? And let's hope no teams wear them in the playoffs.

Pajamas! They played football in their pajamas.

Now I don't mind alternate jersey; I don't mind mix-and-match schemes...the Bucs come to mind; and I don't mind some AOC combos...the Jets come to mind.

But this is hidious. It makes me long for the Jaguars teal and black combo.

Awful!

Just Awful!

"I still think a tag team of Jimmy B and Melo could kick the :censored: out of Jesus and God."

Syracuse Orangemen

2003 National Champions

You know what... I like the fact that they're experimenting and it seems like there's been mixed feedback, which is alright. Personally, it's not my style. I'm not a fan of their Black alts. in general.

About the whole discussion about alternates, I like them and I think they should keep them. So far, every team (except for San Diego) that has had alts. have only used a secondary colour variation on their current style. I think that's a good idea, and I hope it stays this way despite the naysayers here. And you know what, there have been some hits and some misses, but you get that with any uniform.

ccslcbanner_zps5eda8538.jpg

Anything to get those jerseys to go on sale in the "pro shop"

I don't hate it, but I'm not really liking it either. Just another team trying too hard to be different.   ???

Kansas-BB-banner.png My-son-Soldier-banner.png

Kansas City Scouts (CHL) Orr Cup Champions 2010, 2019, 2021         St. Joseph Pony Express (ULL)  2023 Champions     Kansas City Cattle (CL)

I love the Eagles' helmet, however I've always felt that the black facemask was awkward because there just isn't enough contrast between the black and the midnight green.  Any use of black with the Eagles' midnight green is going to get washed out and ruin the entire uniform.  I don't have an automatic bias against introducing black into a uniform, however in most cases I just don't see the need.  In the Eagles' case, I would have either gone with a midnight green facemask or a grey one and I would not have introduced any black into the mix - it just washes out.

I like 'em. I actually like them more than with the white pants. I don't like them more than their regular greens, but it's a nice change of pace.

To all of the "it's only for the money!" people, consider this: the NFL splits its merchandice revenue evenly between all of the teams. The very little extra money that this program generates isn't going to affect any one team very much. Say what you want, but I do think it's possible that these teams truly want to give fans and players an occasional alternative while still reinforcing their brand identity. I know the players get hyped for these, and I know that a lot of fans do too, so I see no harm in them. Maybe I'm too much of a modernist, but I do like a little variation.

Archived