NHL going back to home whites in 2007-08

tomhunter8

Boooooooooooooooooooo

Dark Uniforms at home are much more fun, go to a Ranger game look at the blue uniforms on the Garden Ice and tell me different.

same the dark represents the teams colours, ie red wings =red, leafs& rangers = blue so why wouldn't a team where a uniform the reflect their true identity at home?

untitled-6.jpg

• Replies 57
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Tightie Whities at home... makes sense... sigh... i was actually getting used to darks at home... made sense for 3rd jersey uses... but since they are killing the alt jersey for next season... i guess it makes sense but what about future alt jerseys

I've heard that once the new uniform design gets going each team will have 2 alternates. A dark one and a white one.

So is this switching back to white at home a bait and switch manouver by the NHL to combat any negative feellings with the new upcoming Reebok uniforms? I think this is a planned distraction. The league pulled a similar move after they sent potential Penguins owner Balsillie packing from Pittsburgh and Lemiuex was furious. All of a sudden on the day afterwards, Bettman issues a press release outlining proposed divisional changes.

White's better at home, but I'd still prefer they didn't mess with tight fitting unis. I like the idea of teams wearing dark uniforms against each other. Not all teams would work together on TV but some work extremely well. If you've ever seen the Habs vs the Rangers or Leafs in TV with both teams wearing dark you'll know what I mean. It looks spectacular on TV.

DEATH TO REEBOK

BBTV hates darks at home. Every Flyers game looks like it's on a black and white TV. BRING BACK THE COLORED ROADS!!!

VD hates the Flyers in black sweaters, home or road. Bring back the orange; they made it their own color (the Isles and their traffic cone monstrosities be damned). Truly, I side with those calling for the primary/change sweater concept. It would allow for teams to define themselves, and would ultimately lead to fewer black sweaters: Flyers go to orange, Sharks go with teal, Kings use purple exclusively, and so on. And, just as in soccer, you could make a large enough differentiation from a plain-colored sweater by adding distinctive striping that it could bring about a Golden Age of Barberpole. Oh... YEAH!

"Start spreading the news... They're leavin' today... Won't get to be a part of it... In old New York..."

2007nleastchamps.png

In order for the Mets' run of 12 losses in 17 games to mean something, the Phillies still had to win 13 of 17.

I just hope to God that there are fewer black jerseys (and home goes back to white)

Fewer? By my count, there are 10 black jerseys, two of which are alts. That's 8 teams out of 30 that wear black regularly - fewer than red (9) or blue (9). I agree about changing the Flyers back to the orange, but aside from that, I can't really argue with anyone else who uses black as the primary dark jersey.

So because you all are ignorant and cant comprehend darks at home, lets ruin a good thing and make it whites at home and have to deal with that crap again.

Stupid.

Stay Tuned Sports Podcast
sB9ijEj.png

I have yet to hear this from a credible source. The Uniwatch one came from here or someone who saw it here and the original source is some guy at hockeybuzz which is one of the least credible places as far as hockey rumors go.

Strickland isn't just a blogger for hockeybuzz.com. He is also on ESPN 1380 in St. Louis, has covered the Blues for quite awhile and is respected in/by St. Louis sports media. He isn't prone to stating things without proper sources. I'm not saying it isn't possible that he is wrong about this, I'm just saying with his good track record it is unlikely.

"This sweater, this Bluenote, it's your life. That Bluenote never hits the floor. You wear that sweater with pride." Barclay Plager

plagerbrosdancing.jpg

It is unbearably boring to see your home team in darks and a parade of white jerseys from so many different cities instead of any real flair. I fully support dark primaries and a change/alternate jersey in the event of a near-itentical jersey situation - i.e. Pittsburgh and Anaheim. Blacks are overdone in general. The Flyers need to revert to the orange primaries - no idea why they think black looks good. Anaheim was a disappointment from the standpoint of too much black - some orange, green, brown or gold to a larger degree than present would have been nice. Hopefully Dallas stresses more green than Black on next year's tighter jerseys and Ottawa keeps more of a red/canada theme than reverting to their original mostly black look. Washington has been in black for an embarrassingly long time for a team that should be red white & blue - its a shame when the most patriotic looking team is in Columbus Ohio! Tampa Bay's look has always been miserable, especially the logo, and that's a shame since blue&black combo can be used much more artfully than present. The Kings should be purple as in the old days rather than mostly black except for the days they wear the purple alts.

By that logic, that leaves only Anaheim, Pittsburgh, Boston (The yellow socks with black jerseys is a classic look), and maybe Tampa that have any business wearing black. And while we're on the subject of alt/change jerseys, isn't it about time that Carolina, New Jersey, Detroit, Phoenix, Pittsburgh and St. Louis get creative and get with the alt jersey program? I know alts are out for next year at the very least, but once they're re-introduced those teams should have a little fun with their looks...

So because you all are ignorant and cant comprehend darks at home, lets ruin a good thing and make it whites at home and have to deal with that crap again.

Stupid.

For the smokers out there it's are to quit, right? I've been a hockey fan for all my life, so when the NHL just changes the sweaters from white to dark I have to convert just like that? The lockout sucked, it took me out of hockey for a while. With the home teams changing to darks that first year is like going cold turkey, it can't be done. Then there was the lock out and thus prolonged this crap. Now that there is a rumor that the NHL will finally go back to whites at home everyone can get back to the good old times. Relating this to smoking again, you just can't quit a habit that you've spent all these years doing.

Just because the NHL started off with darks at home, doesn't mean it should stay that way. There was only six teams, and until the next six darks were at home. White uniforms at home has been in the NHL for much longer, although not by much, about 50 years a piece. Growing up my home team was in white, your home team was in white, everyones was in white, until a few years ago. Now instead of seeing everyones away jersey, I get to see the Red Wings in Red, and the away team in White. Pretty Boring, let's go back to black and white tv!

i honestly don't care if white is home or dark is home...

as long as the jersey looks good, i don't care where it's worn.

and about black, supposedly the stars are going to be black primary again, like the 90's.

and about black, supposedly the stars are going to be black primary again, like the 90's.

Bad news to this Stars fan.

i'd like to see the stars wear a black alternate... as long as it's black, green, and gold... and not red or anything.

but part of me kinda wants to see all the black gone for a little while, and look more traditionally north starsy... not saying kelly and yellow, but dark green and gold, with no black, might look pretty good. sorta like iowa, only without random black helmets and black pants.

:mad:

I hate those jerseys. Maybe it's from my time in Minnesota when they went from the Kelly/black/gold/white to that black crap and changed the logo all at once.

:censored: you, Norm Green!

• LMU locked this topic

Archived