Other names for Avalanche

_RH_

• Replies 43
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Wasnt there mentoin of the Denver Rockies?? I wonder if it actually was mentioned some time before the Avalanche name came to be?

Ice Hockey International Winnipeg Braves (Bobby Hull Division 18-3-0 1st place as of March 14, 2011)

2010-11 O'Brien Trophy for Bobby Hull Division championship & Jack Riley Cup for top team in league regular season

I do remember something about Denver Avalanche?? That seemed to be the one before that was changed to the present Colorado Avalanche and I really do like the Avalanche name and logo as it is really cool!!

Ice Hockey International Winnipeg Braves (Bobby Hull Division 18-3-0 1st place as of March 14, 2011)

2010-11 O'Brien Trophy for Bobby Hull Division championship & Jack Riley Cup for top team in league regular season

Rocky Mountain Xtreme

TO THE MAXX!

Denver Avalanche is good. No sense in calling it a Colorado team. It's a Denver team. You too, Rockies.

"Denver Cliffs" would've been a decent name--by which I mean better than Rocky Mountain XTreme--but then someone would ask if their sweaters would consist of a bunch of multicolored squares and rectangles.

I kinda like a singular name in this case, its an avalanche, a team together as one. Like if you hear Cincinnati Bengals you think of a team of bengals. But avalanche is one big event... and would do burry a team of bengals... haha.

Yes, but can you imagine being pulverized by a series, a team-if you will-of avalanches. One coming at you in every direction. One avalanche is potentially dangerous. Five avalanches is, well, devestating.

IIRC "Denver Avalanche" was the nickname of an indoor soccer team that folded or moved out of Denver at about the same time the NHL Colorado Rockies did. So, Denver has not one, but two teams with recycled nicknames from other sports.

CCSLC signature.png

Archived