Wild To Ditch Green Jerseys

Brendan

This really saddens me, I always loved the green. I agree that maybe the Wild could use a bit less green, but it still seems like that should be their primary colour. The red looks kind of goofy with that circle logo, like some knockoff sweater you'd buy for your kids.

On top of that, it sounds like Dallas is going back to black too... sad. There's research that fans pick their favourite teams because of colours and tend to stay allied to those colours ... and some fans don't follow teams after a uniform change. Both these teams had a fairly unique primary colour, they should keep it.

• Replies 60
  • Created
  • Last Reply

F-. :cursing:

While I'm not a huge fan of the Wild's jerseys, I completely agree that the change is a bad one. Green is so unique! While there's SO MANY teams that use red.

In the NHL alone, only Dallas has any sort of green, and it's not even really their primary color (sounds like black is going to be). But red? Carolina, New Jersey, Calgary, Detroit, Phoenix (sorta), Chicago, not to mention how many teams use it as an accent (Vancouver, Rangers, Columbus, etc). It's a shame to lose such a unique color.

Also, I completely agree with the previous poster who pointed out that now the home and away will have NOTHING to do with each other. Ridiculous.

I really like the mockups/fashion jersey/whatever they are that were posted earlier.. classy.

366678430_f28e9d99de_o.jpg

I'm surprized not one person has questioned taking the Wild's "old school throwback" design and cramming it into Rbk's "new super hi-tech jersey system".

How the heck is that design supposed to look right when the platform it's going to be built on doesn't work for it? :blink:

A felt logo? That sweater collar? The lace-up neck? I can't see them carrying any of these elements over to the new jersey construction and they are a big part of what gives that jersey it's throwback style and feeling. This could end up being one unfortunate compromise and looking really dumb.

Halleluah! The Wild's green jersey is the single worst jersey ever in the history of the NHL. Worse than Wild Wing, worse than Burger King, worst than the failed Blues Trumpet jerseys, worse than the Flying V. While all those jerseys I mentioned were bad, they were at least presentable with any other clothing accompanying it. The Wild's green jerseys looked good with exactly no other clothing whatsoever.

--Roger "Time?" Clemente.

Have you ever, ever missed an opportunity to rant about the Wild's jersey, which you really hate just because it's associated with the Wild Anthem that gives you conniption fits?

Worse than Wild Wing or the Blues Trumpet jerseys? That just proves you're not of your right mind and can't and shouldn't be taken seriously when the subject of the Wild ever comes up. Next time, just give us all a break and skip posting the same old thing once again.

HansonsSig.jpg

Click here to read Third String Goalie - The Hockey Jersey of the Day Blog

Click here to see my hockey and baseball jersey collection online

?You don?t like to see 20 kids punching 20 other kids. But it?s not a disgrace, It?s hockey.? - Michael Farber

I agree that it is unfortunate to give up the green, which is pretty unique in the nhl, for the red which is way way overused. And with the Dallas rumor that they are going with black, that makes it even worse... What's does the NHL have against green?

The only solution: bring back the Whale. With their old school green unis.

Wow. I didn`t know that that many people hated the Wild`s 3rd jersey. I personally think that it`s the nicist jersey in the league. I do think that green is underused in the NHL but I also think that it`s overused on the Wild`s home. Being from Ottawa I'm familier with uniforms that don't match. So I think that they should either make the white jersey match the red or just keep things the way they are. Besides I`m not sure if they can use the felt logo or tie-up collar on the new "uniform system".

I'm surprized not one person has questioned taking the Wild's "old school throwback" design and cramming it into Rbk's "new super hi-tech jersey system".

How the heck is that design supposed to look right when the platform it's going to be built on doesn't work for it? :blink:

A felt logo? That sweater collar? The lace-up neck? I can't see them carrying any of these elements over to the new jersey construction and they are a big part of what gives that jersey it's throwback style and feeling. This could end up being one unfortunate compromise and looking really dumb.

Halleluah! The Wild's green jersey is the single worst jersey ever in the history of the NHL. Worse than Wild Wing, worse than Burger King, worst than the failed Blues Trumpet jerseys, worse than the Flying V. While all those jerseys I mentioned were bad, they were at least presentable with any other clothing accompanying it. The Wild's green jerseys looked good with exactly no other clothing whatsoever.

Have you ever, ever missed an opportunity to rant about the Wild's jersey, which you really hate just because it's associated with the Wild Anthem that gives you conniption fits?

Worse than Wild Wing or the Blues Trumpet jerseys? That just proves you're not of your right mind and can't and shouldn't be taken seriously when the subject of the Wild ever comes up. Next time, just give us all a break and skip posting the same old thing once again.

Agreed, on ALL points.

The alternate's throwback feel will be lost on the new edge jerseys. Also, IMO, the current Wild set (home green, road white, throwback-like red alternate) is the most balanced set in the NHL. This news makes me very sad indeed. I'm going to have to try to find a green replica. I want one before they're ditched.

And RC, spyboy's right. I personally love the Wild's green jerseys, but I could see someone disliking them, as everyone has different tastes. But to say they're worse then Wild Wing, or the failed Blues thirds? Come on. For whatever reason you're not thinking clearly when you discuss this sweater.

Agreed, on ALL points.

The alternate's throwback feel will be lost on the new edge jerseys. Also, IMO, the current Wild set (home green, road white, throwback-like red alternate) is the most balanced set in the NHL. This news makes me very sad indeed. I'm going to have to try to find a green replica. I want one before they're ditched.

And RC, spyboy's right. I personally love the Wild's green jerseys, but I could see someone disliking them, as everyone has different tastes. But to say they're worse then Wild Wing, or the failed Blues thirds? Come on. For whatever reason you're not thinking clearly when you discuss this sweater.

How the hell can you claim someone isnt in the right state of mind for not liking something? Everyone has their different tastes. Some people love the Lightning's jerseys, some hate them. I won't like, I like the Wild Wing jersey and the others from that set because they are so unique looking. I want one if I can ever get my hands on one, I mean, I came very close to buying the old Lightning alt jersey before I returned and someone had already bought it. Leave the man alone, he didn't attack other people for liking that jersey, he just said why he didn't like it.

Just because you don't agree with someones opinion doesn't give you the right to think something is wrong with them. So maybe you guys might be the ones who aren't thinking clearly when you take an opinion and respond to it with a personal attack. Come on Icecap, you're better than personally attacking another member for their opinion. Don't let your post cause me to think of you in a little darker light. I mean, is it THAT hard to see how much of his post is tongue in cheek?

neonmatrix_leafs2.gif

Because Korbyn Is Colour Blind, My Signature Is Now Idiot Proof - Thanks Again Braden!!

Go Leafs Go!

Agreed, on ALL points.

How the hell can you claim someone isnt in the right state of mind for not liking something? Everyone has their different tastes. Some people love the Lightning's jerseys, some hate them. I won't like, I like the Wild Wing jersey and the others from that set because they are so unique looking. I want one if I can ever get my hands on one, I mean, I came very close to buying the old Lightning alt jersey before I returned and someone had already bought it. Leave the man alone, he didn't attack other people for liking that jersey, he just said why he didn't like it.

Just because you don't agree with someones opinion doesn't give you the right to think something is wrong with them. So maybe you guys might be the ones who aren't thinking clearly when you take an opinion and respond to it with a personal attack. Come on Icecap, you're better than personally attacking another member for their opinion. Don't let your post cause me to think of you in a little darker light. I mean, is it THAT hard to see how much of his post is tongue in cheek?

If he doesn't like the green Wild jersey, that's fine (see bolded text above). I agree, everyone has different tastes, and I don't expect everyone to like what I like.

But to say the green Wild jersey is worse then these?

badthirdjerseys.png

Come on. There's not liking something, and then there's irrational hatred of something. I mean really, how does the failed Blues alternate look good with anything the green Wild jersey doesn't?

EDIT

Neo, I just read your post in full. Yes, I admit it's possible, even probable, that RC could have been posting tongue in cheek. I don't know. Maybe its stuff going on in my personal life that I let leak into my post, but I was happy to see someone call RC out for his continuous bashing of one the NHL's finest uniform sets. Yes we're all entitled to our opinions, but neither you, I, or anyone else says something is so bad it doesn't look good with anything unless it surpasses a special level of uglyness. The jerseys I posted pass that level. I just don't see how anyone, even people who wouldn't like the Wild's jerseys, could see them as that ugly.

Then again, maybe that's just part of RC's sense of humor, one that for whatever reason didn't sit with me that well when I made the first post for personal reasons. So to RC I apologize if I offened you. I just got caught on a bad day.

Agreed, on ALL points.

If he doesn't like the green Wild jersey, that's fine (see bolded text above). I agree, everyone has different tastes, and I don't expect everyone to like what I like.

But to say the green Wild jersey is worse then these?

badthirdjerseys.png

Come on. There's not liking something, and then there's irrational hatred of something. I mean really, how does the failed Blues alternate look good with anything the green Wild jersey doesn't?

EDIT

Neo, I just read your post in full. Yes, I admit it's possible, even probable, that RC could have been posting tongue in cheek. I don't know. Maybe its stuff going on in my personal life that I let leak into my post, but I was happy to see someone call RC out for his continuous bashing of one the NHL's finest uniform sets. Yes we're all entitled to our opinions, but neither you, I, or anyone else says something is so bad it doesn't look good with anything unless it surpasses a special level of uglyness. The jerseys I posted pass that level. I just don't see how anyone, even people who wouldn't like the Wild's jerseys, could see them as that ugly.

Then again, maybe that's just part of RC's sense of humor, one that for whatever reason didn't sit with me that well when I made the first post for personal reasons. So to RC I apologize if I offened you. I just got caught on a bad day.

It isn't fun when outside emotion leaks out onto this board. I'm sorry to hear things aren't going well with you right now and I wish you the best in it improving soon.

Back on topic though, you gotta think, who judges a jersey based on what colour pants allow you to wear it or not? RC is just trying to have some fun because he owns and loves the Wild Wing jersey. I love the Wilds jerseys and hope to pick up a Green one before they are "vintage". I mean hey, Ottawa's home jersey is ugly as sin and people still buy them! :P

neonmatrix_leafs2.gif

Because Korbyn Is Colour Blind, My Signature Is Now Idiot Proof - Thanks Again Braden!!

Go Leafs Go!

I root for the Wild, but they have one of the UGLIEST uniform color combinations in all of sports.

If ever there was an argument for Twin Cities teams all going to the same color combinations -- be it the Twins' red-white-blue, the Vikings' purple-gold or the Timberwolves' ... whatever that is -- it's the Wild's colors.

I mean, is it THAT hard to see how much of his post is tongue in cheek?

There's NOTHING tounge in cheek about his continuous, predictable ranting against the Wild jerseys.

Nothing.

Happens all the time, not a smilie in sight. To now finally claim in a ludicrous statement that they are worse than the acknowledged worst jerseys in hockey history is a statement that should not go unchallenged.

Sure, we're all entitled to our opinions, but some are just so far out there that they are going to generate reactions questioning them, AND when you've heard them 1000 times before, we get it.

Go ahead, start a thread titled "Wild jerseys" with the entire text of the first post being "I like 'em." and set your stopwatch for how long it takes for Roger to tear 'em to shreds for the 1001st time.

HansonsSig.jpg

Click here to read Third String Goalie - The Hockey Jersey of the Day Blog

Click here to see my hockey and baseball jersey collection online

?You don?t like to see 20 kids punching 20 other kids. But it?s not a disgrace, It?s hockey.? - Michael Farber

I will admit that, yes, I never pass up an opportunity to bash the Wild's green jersey. It can not be denied though that there are other people who jump at every opportunity to bash certain other things as well. I will admit that their white jerseys and red jerseys are nice though.

I will however defend my very honest opinion that I really, seriously do think that those jerseys are as bad if not worse than the "legendary bad jerseys", like the Wild Wing or the Flying V (IMO, neither of which were not bad jerseys). My main beef with the Wild's jersey is that it's just 95% green. And a really ugly shade of green at that. And it's accompanied by a shade of red that can appear equally dark at times and a thin band of Penguins gold. It has no pizzazz and no contrast. If they used any other color scheme, or hell just any other stripe design that more heavily incorporates the other colors to a more noticeable degree, they could look amazing (As I have tried to do at the bottom of this page: http://www.geocities.com/rogerclemente_isx/uniforms/ ).

There are several much worse designed jerseys in use today, but IMO, the combonation of the striping design that utilizes less of any secondary color within the jersey and the overexposure of the ugly color makes it the ugliest of them all*. And color, IMO, plays possibly the most important part in overall wardrobe functionality.

All of those incredibly gaudy jerseys from 1996, like the Wild Wing, the Burger King and the Trumpets, all have something exciting going on with the jersey, even if they were executed poorly. The fact that all three jerseys tried to utilize a part of their identity into the incorporation of the striping of the jersey at least gives it some kind of charm.

I don't mean to offend anyone with my opinions and if I did I do apologize. I probably should have made it clear that it is my opinion and not stated it as some sort of fact that a lot of other people do here. I don't hate Wild fans and honestly don't care if a person loves them or not or any team for that matter. I ain't gonna rip someone for loving or hating a jersey. God know how many people have ripped the Mighty Ducks apart for the past decade.

* Except the OHL's Brampton Battalion.

champssig2.png
Follow me on Twitter if you care: @Animal_Clans.

My opinion may or may not be the same as yours. The choice is up to you.

Considering that the wild is one of 2 teams that uses green the other one being dallas who formerlly played there. (and only one other team in NHL history that being the toronto st. pats) and that green represents the wild....it it pretty retarted. But thats only my opinion.

Cat Eyes - Josh B)

If you're talking about teams that wore green in the NHL's past, you should probably include the Whalers.

Considering that the wild is one of 2 teams that uses green the other one being dallas who formerlly played there. (and only one other team in NHL history that being the toronto st. pats) and that green represents the wild....it it pretty retarted. But thats only my opinion.

Cat Eyes - Josh B)

If you're talking about teams that wore green in the NHL's past, you should probably include the Whalers.

And the California Seals.

I will admit that, yes, I never pass up an opportunity to bash the Wild's green jersey. It can not be denied though that there are other people who jump at every opportunity to bash certain other things as well. I will admit that their white jerseys and red jerseys are nice though.

I will however defend my very honest opinion that I really, seriously do think that those jerseys are as bad if not worse than the "legendary bad jerseys", like the Wild Wing or the Flying V (IMO, neither of which were not bad jerseys). My main beef with the Wild's jersey is that it's just 95% green. And a really ugly shade of green at that. And it's accompanied by a shade of red that can appear equally dark at times and a thin band of Penguins gold. It has no pizzazz and no contrast. If they used any other color scheme, or hell just any other stripe design that more heavily incorporates the other colors to a more noticeable degree, they could look amazing (As I have tried to do at the bottom of this page: http://www.geocities.com/rogerclemente_isx/uniforms/ ).

There are several much worse designed jerseys in use today, but IMO, the combonation of the striping design that utilizes less of any secondary color within the jersey and the overexposure of the ugly color makes it the ugliest of them all*. And color, IMO, plays possibly the most important part in overall wardrobe functionality.

All of those incredibly gaudy jerseys from 1996, like the Wild Wing, the Burger King and the Trumpets, all have something exciting going on with the jersey, even if they were executed poorly. The fact that all three jerseys tried to utilize a part of their identity into the incorporation of the striping of the jersey at least gives it some kind of charm.

I don't mean to offend anyone with my opinions and if I did I do apologize. I probably should have made it clear that it is my opinion and not stated it as some sort of fact that a lot of other people do here. I don't hate Wild fans and honestly don't care if a person loves them or not or any team for that matter. I ain't gonna rip someone for loving or hating a jersey. God know how many people have ripped the Mighty Ducks apart for the past decade.

* Except the OHL's Brampton Battalion.

Thank you RC. I think part of the problem was that you just said "these are worse then Wild Wing, the Burger King jersey, and the trumpet logo" without telling us why you thought that way. Like I said, we're all entitled to our opinions. But the fact is that a lot of people do like the current Wild set, green jersey included, and to just say something like that without providing an explanation will ruffle a few feathers. But know that you explained why you think the Wild's green sweater is among the NHL's worst, it makes it easier for others, well myself at least, to respect your opinion.

I still disagree with you, I think the green sweater is sharp, but know that you provided ligitement reasons to back up your argument I can more easily respect your point of view.

Archived