Islanders in throwbacks tonight

cmm

If anyone is interested, the Islanders are wearing throwback jerseys tonight. I believe they're what they wore in their first few seasons--a lighter shade of blue than what they use now with a thick orange stripe and a thick white stripe at the bottom. I'm not talented enough to post any pictures, but I'm sure some will come up tonight after the game. I like them.

Wow... I forgot how good those looked. I'm loving the big, bold stripes and that wig! This definatly should have been their 3rd jersey this season... well, there is always in a few years... :P

neonmatrix_leafs2.gif

Because Korbyn Is Colour Blind, My Signature Is Now Idiot Proof - Thanks Again Braden!!

Go Leafs Go!

no fishermans... :cry:

but these are nice, too bad they had to break them out against the slugs. least it was the expansion years jersey and not the cup years isles jerseys. don't know if i could handle the slugs uglying the cup year isles jerseys with the slug nonsense.

islandersscroll.gif

Spoilers!

but these are nice, too bad they had to break them out against the slugs. least it was the expansion years jersey and not the cup years isles jerseys. don't know if i could handle the slugs uglying the cup year isles jerseys with the slug nonsense.

Good Lord, everyone needs to give the irrational slug hatred a rest. It's oh so predictable, although my jumping on everyone who does it lately seems to be getting predictable also...

starpoint.pngclippers.pngbullsnew.gif

Good Lord, everyone needs to give the irrational slug hatred a rest. It's oh so predictable, although my jumping on everyone who does it lately seems to be getting predictable also...

No. People need to stop with the LA of Anaheim jokes. Because that's a joke, and it's old.

The Sabres logo and uniforms really do suck. And despite the fact that they've sucked for going on 4 or 5 months now, they still suck.

It's not overreacting.

The logo is absolutely horrible in almost every sense.

And the uniforms aren't cool at all. They're not completely terrible, but they don't look good.

As a combo, it's complete ugliness.

Part of me thinks it's cool that you've accepted your teams look and want to defend it. But I'd rather Sabres fans hadn't given in and made sure the stuff got changed.

those are beautiful! the isles should where those all the time. it's a shame that nextseason we won't see any real throwback featuring the tie-up.

I think there will be tie-ups next year. I think Paul Lukas mentioned in uniwatch that the Rangers would still have a tie-up. It seems like there won't be throwbacks though and that is a sad thing.

Ohh that Isles jersey looks cool... as for the orange numbers..hmmm nice but make the white stripes around the numbers a bit wider and then ya can see the numbers well enough?

As for that afro wig he wore.. hahah athat a good one and funny one and that will be around water coolers for discussions for a while, I'm sure.. ...

Ice Hockey International Winnipeg Braves (Bobby Hull Division 18-3-0 1st place as of March 14, 2011)

2010-11 O'Brien Trophy for Bobby Hull Division championship & Jack Riley Cup for top team in league regular season

No. People need to stop with the LA of Anaheim jokes. Because that's a joke, and it's old.

The Sabres logo and uniforms really do suck. And despite the fact that they've sucked for going on 4 or 5 months now, they still suck.

It's not overreacting.

The logo is absolutely horrible in almost every sense.

And the uniforms aren't cool at all. They're not completely terrible, but they don't look good.

As a combo, it's complete ugliness.

Part of me thinks it's cool that you've accepted your teams look and want to defend it. But I'd rather Sabres fans hadn't given in and made sure the stuff got changed.

I will give you that the logo leaves a lot to be desired, but I don't see a huge problem with the jerseys. It just gets a little repetitive when everyone bags on the Sabres because it's the cool thing to do. The jerseys aren't that ugly, and the throwbacks look dated next to the new jerseys. If the blues were the same, it would look a lot better. It just seems that whenever I sign on, it becomes a game of "find who slammed the Sabres today". I can take it from Flyers fans, because they're delusional anyway. But everyone else, calm down...

starpoint.pngclippers.pngbullsnew.gif

The only reason people keep on dissing the Sabres' logo is because it was such a colossal missed opportunity for the team to improve their look or go back to one of the most popular identities in the NHL. They added the third jersey solely to appease to fans afterwards and make $$. I have less of a problem with the jerseys than the logo, and like the numbers on the front . But even still, "dated" is the last thing the old jerseys look next to the new ones. They look classy, simple, effective, and include both the real color scheme and horizontal striping, therefore making them vastly superior.

The Islanders' throwbacks looked fine to me, but I actually like their current set a little more (Orange jersey excluded).

Put Your Hands up For Detroit (our lovely city)

Archived