NBA Slam Dunk Contest Field Set

OB33

Your participants are:

Gerald Green

Dwight Howard

Tyrus Thomas

and last year's champ Nate Robinson

I'm kinda surprised Iguodala isn't back this year, although he might still be bitter over last year.

But even more impressive than the dunk contest participants are the judges:

Kobe Bryant

Vince Carter

Dominique Wilkins

Michael Jordan

Here's the link for those interested.

#CHOMPCHOMPCHOMP

• Replies 57
  • Created
  • Last Reply

I miss the days when legitimate superstar players appeared in the dunk competition. Howard's really the only premiere player in there. I've honestly never even heard of Tyrus Thomas or Gerald Green. Granted, I don't pay as much attention to the NBA as I used to, but those names aren't even ringing a bell.

Tyrus Thomas is a rookie for the bulls out of LSU, he can leap out of the gym, gerald green ive heard the name but am not sure who it is.

impossiblefp4.jpg

The World Basketball Championship, the Davis Cup, Ryder Cup, Iraq: Every day there's further proof that we, as a nation, are not very good at international competition.

Pretty good field compared to past selections. I'm thinking Tyrus Thomas will win it. Dwight Howard seems like a power dunker, they usually don't fair well in dunk competitions (see Amare Stoudamire). Also I don't really think Nate Robinson can repeat. I don't know much at all about Gerald Green.

PLEASE have a time limit or something this year, Nate Rob getting damn near 100 tries was a damn joke. speaking of which, throwing my hat in the bet...200 :D

where's D-Mase when ya need him?

2016cubscreamsig.png

A strong mind gets high off success, a weak mind gets high off bull🤬

PLEASE have a time limit or something this year, Nate Rob getting damn near 100 tries was a damn joke. speaking of which, throwing my hat in the bet...200 :D

where's D-Mase when ya need him?

Hell, where's Cedric Ceballos and his blindfold when you need em? Or Michael Finley and his carthweel.

Here's a little preview of what each player brings to the table dunk wise coming into the competition.

and

Whoops! I mean this Dwight Howard

Almost forgot to mention how surprised I am that James White isn't a part of this competition, I think he might have the best springs of anyone in the NBA right now. But it is a shame that the NBA put in the rule that you couldn't be in the dunk contest after your third season. Then again, without it most people wouldn't know Jason Richardson or Josh Smith.

#CHOMPCHOMPCHOMP

no, the NBA CBA allows the league to call players into any event during All-Star weekend...EXCEPT the Dunk contest. That's how guys like Kobe, LeBron, etc. can decline invitations to the dunk, but are going to be in the skills competition.

And, as I believe it was ESPN.com's John Hollinger said, Howard would win if it was a "Posterizing a dude in the paint" competition....but, as he also says, this is for flash and glitz and is more like gymnastics, so the smaller guys can take over.

Nate Robinson is a douchebag too. freaking gary coleman lookalike.

harperdc.gif

Here's a little preview of what each player brings to the table dunk wise coming into the competition.

and

Whoops! I mean this Dwight Howard

Almost forgot to mention how surprised I am that James White isn't a part of this competition, I think he might have the best springs of anyone in the NBA right now. But it is a shame that the NBA put in the rule that you couldn't be in the dunk contest after your third season. Then again, without it most people wouldn't know Jason Richardson or Josh Smith.

I didn't know that. I was wondering why the NBA would not have their big stars in the dunk competition. Maybe they should have a under 3 years experience category and an over 3 years experience category.

Maybe its his strategy to get people to think hes not interested, but he secretly has been working on something amazing.... Time will telll.

impossiblefp4.jpg

The World Basketball Championship, the Davis Cup, Ryder Cup, Iraq: Every day there's further proof that we, as a nation, are not very good at international competition.

the NBA should adopt the song Der Komiser for the way the David Stern is reacting, he was just being honest, maybe Thomas will put up a good effort, whats wrong with that.

ecyclopedia.gif

www.sportsecyclopedia.com

For the best in sports history go to the Sports E-Cyclopedia at

http://www.sportsecyclopedia.com

champssigtank.png

That fine is a joke. Most of the star players have said they wouldn't do it because it wasn't enought money. Well sorta, most say give other excuses like worring about their knees. But I remember one superstar (I think it was either Shaq or Kobe) saying the NBA would have to make the prize money about $100,000 for most of the superstars to want to join. Now one player is actually happy about the money, and their made at him.

Archived