GM Goodwrench gets a new logo

Tazz013

It looks like a G. It looks like a "power on" icon. It also looks like a wrench.

Works for me.

Can you point out the wrench for me? I can't for the life of me find it (or if I am, it's not sufficent enough for me to go, "oh, that's kinda nice").

Wrench or not, the logo is too generic IMO. The GM box may have been dull, but it was recognizable and clearly tied to the company. This logo is a close relative of too many others.

I like the script, but most definitely do not like the logo.

If you've ever seen the top of a wrench, you'll notice the opening looks like a C when it's grasping something. Think of a dumbbell, but with C's at the ends instead of solid black circles.

Okay, thanks. I did indeed see that already, and that's just not good enough for me. Either give it a more hexagonal shape or add a shaft. I can't accept just the rounded head of a wrench as enough to make the logo decent.

Huge downgrade. If it closer resembled a wrench, than maybe, but it looks way to much like a logo that's associated with a company that deals with computers. But it's hardly unique (see: every computers power button) or original, and the wrench is too abstract. The new font is great, but the logo is terrible.

IUe6Hvh.png

I wonder Dale Earnhardt Sr. would have thought about this? It does look like a 'G', an "On/Off" button and a SOCKET wrench. I'll even add that the angle resembles the position of the key when you turn on the ignition.

I saw, I came, I left.

It looks like a G. It looks like a "power on" icon. It also looks like a wrench.

Works for me.

I saw the wrench idea right away, but I think they missed it, really. If they had squared out the closed side more, then I think the wrench idea would be much more obvious.

Buy some t-shirts and stuff at KJ Shop!

KJ Branded | Behance portfolio

POTD 2013-08-22

On 7/14/2012 at 2:20 AM, tajmccall said:

When it comes to style, ya'll really should listen to Kev.

Oh snap! That's what I get for getting rehyped about NASCAR without paying attention to Silly Season.

Also, I saw a picture of some Best Buy/Windows Vista thing, and the logo for it looks just like the new Goodwrench logo only with green instead of the blue power button. Even the same rotation. Can't find it on the internet though.

MouthoftheSouth.jpg

I don't speak for democrats, democrats don't speak for me.

Oh yeah, this will look great on the old 29.

Not.

The 29 has switched to Shell/Pennzoil as a main sponsor.

29shell-r1.jpg

I knew that GM wasn't going to come back as the title sponsor for the 29, but I didn't find out that Shell is now the sponsor until I saw the Bud Shootout last night. Now, I don't feel so bad about that. However, I'm still going to miss the silver and black color scheme.

Also, I saw a picture of some Best Buy/Windows Vista thing, and the logo for it looks just like the new Goodwrench logo only with green instead of the blue power button. Even the same rotation. Can't find it on the internet though.

Found it!

Compare:

Goodwrench.jpg

goodwrench_new.jpg

MouthoftheSouth.jpg

I don't speak for democrats, democrats don't speak for me.

Archived