Least intimidating team name ever...

whitedawg22

Check out this listing: http://www.tekonsha.k12.mi.us/scaa/teamnames.htm

These are my two favorites that I've come across so far:

Ricebirds - Stuttgart School District (Stutgart AR)

Poets - Sidney Lanier High School (Montgomery AL)

...Wait, I have a new favorite. Look at the "statue" in the header of the linked site:

Winged Beavers - Avon Old Farms (Avon, CT)

• Replies 109
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Kittens is pretty bad. Most of the unique ones are just that, unique, more confusing than cutesy, but kittens?

Wouldn't jaguars have cubs, not kittens? Lions have cubs, tigers have cubs, you would think jaguars would have them.

My favorites, just from my general area.

Sparkplugs (Speedway HS, Indy)

Argyles (Marion, IN?)

Cheesemakers (monroe, WI)

Pretzels (Fulton, IL)

Chinks (Pekin, IL--now changed)

The Chinks made me wonder if there were ever other really derrogatory racial nicknames other than some of the bad native-themed ones (Redskins and the like). Not that I want to turn this thread to the vilest name, just wondering if there were any.

I believe the Pretzels are from New Berlin (20 miles west of Springfield), unless there are more than one Pretzel team in Illinois.

Regarding HS nicknames, I remember an article at least ten years ago talking about some of the bad ones. I kid you not, one of the actual nicknames cited was the "Criminals"!

LT

Edit: well I guess the criminals still exist. Yuma High School:

http://www.yumahighschool.com/

My high school was initially to be the Lambs, but unfortunately, we were named the Pioneers. I actually think the Lambs would've been such a sweet nickname.

Plus, I think the Modesto Nuts and Montgomery Biscuits are awesome identities.

Evanston (IL) Township High School Wildkits

Presumably a play on Northwestern's Wildcats. Although ETHS's colors are orange and blue, just like Northwestern's rival the University of Illinois. I've lived in Evanston most of my life (didn't attend ETHS though) and always wondered how the name and colors came to be.

I have to ask this sarcastic question, but are they the Lab Kittens like the Hokaido Nippon Ham Fighters are known to most as the Ham Fighters? :D

Nippon Ham is the company that sponsors the Fighters. I assume you were kidding, but I just wanted to make sure :grin: (Actually got to see the Fighters play the Marines while I was in Japan...great experience)

Yes I was being sarcastic as far as the Fighters go. I actually have a keychain, noise maker, and mouse pad that have the old Nippon Ham Fighters logo and mascot (the dinosaur). A friend got it for me when she went to Japan a few years ago. If you want to see not-so intimidating nicknames for teams, Japan would be the place. Then again, are Maple Leafs, Lakers, and Packers really intimidating? Or is it the players in the uniforms that make them intimidating. Think Oakland Raiders for example. :D

There are no really "wussy" nicknames around Buffalo but some are odd:

Lafayette HS: Violets

Grover Cleveland HS: Presidents

Hutch Tech HS: Pioneers

Holland HS: Dutchmen

McKinley HS: Macks

South Park HS: Sparks

Orchard Park HS: Quakers *MY SCHOOL

Wilimsville South HS: Billies

saBS.png

The Ottawa Senators... geez... whats so intimidating about the those people? Well, they do help pass bills... so it could be scary in ways...

neonmatrix_leafs2.gif

Because Korbyn Is Colour Blind, My Signature Is Now Idiot Proof - Thanks Again Braden!!

Go Leafs Go!

There are no really "wussy" nicknames around Buffalo but some are odd:

Lafayette HS: Violets

Grover Cleveland HS: Presidents

Hutch Tech HS: Pioneers

Holland HS: Dutchmen

McKinley HS: Macks

South Park HS: Sparks

Orchard Park HS: Quakers *MY SCHOOL

Wilimsville South HS: Billies

Heres a couple oddities in the Rocester, NY area:

Edison Tech Inventors

East High Orientals

kCkLFSX.pngWGUTHKC.pngnbweR1j.png

ʎɐqǝ uo pɹɐoqʎǝʞ ɐ ʎnq ı ǝɯıʇ ʇsɐן ǝɥʇ sı sıɥʇ

There are so many team names in the 4 major professional sports that can go into this category. Think Ducks, Penguins, Blues, Sox, Cubs, Angels, Athletics, Packers, Nuggets, Jazz, and almost ever team named after a bird.

Archived