Least intimidating team name ever...

whitedawg22

my favorite that I know of is the Sandusky Blue Streaks. It's not really wussy, it's more cool. Named after the Blue Streak roller coast which I believe was one of the first roller coasters at Cedar Point amusement park which is in Sandusky, Ohio.

Yeah, I went to John Carroll University, which is also nicknamed the uber-frightening "Blue Streaks."

I have heard the term "cursing a blue streak" but I doubt a Catholic university would name their sports team after a term for swearing.

indians4.png

"You could put an empty orange helmet on the 50-yard line at Cleveland Browns Stadium and 50,000 fans would show up to stare at it."

-Terry Pluto

• Replies 109
  • Created
  • Last Reply

The Montgomery Biscuits ( http://www.sportslogos.net/team.php?t=1327 ) of the Southern League is pretty terrible.

They also have the WORST logo in sports history IMO...

http://www.sportslogos.net/logo.php?lo=5856

My god...

You obviously haven't paid attention to this site. The Biscuits, as incredibly weird as they are, are one of the more celebrated minor league identities on this message board.

--Roger "Time?" Clemente.

They're like buttah.

Like a big stick of buttah. (say it in your best Rosanne Barr New York accent)

CCSLC Signature.jpg

A lot of strange nicknames came from school mergers and consolidations. There are a couple in Indianapolis - the Charging Warriors and Flying Jets come to mind. (My all time Indiana favorite is the Speedway Sparkplugs.)

In his book on Indiana basketball, "Hoosiers", Phillip Hoose says one consolidated school (from three small districts) had a lengthy meeting about what to call the new team. The old names had been the Blazers, Blue Devils and Burros. Finally, one fed-up school board member shot to his feet and said "I've got it! We'll call them the Blazing Blue Asses!"

139775815_cc7da57bca_o.jpg

As much as I am a die-hard Leaf fan, I don't really think "Maple Leafs" could be any intimidatinig whatsoever... :lol: But its more tradition than anything. :)

Perhaps thats why Montreal has historically owned the Leafs, cause every Canadian/Canadien loves crushing thos crunchy leaves/leafs. :P

1zqy8ok.gif

Watertown (WI) High School is nicknamed the Goslings. That's right - baby geese.

**shudders**

Their biggest rival, and my current home, is the Oconomowoc Cooney - represented by a raccoon. Many an offensive chant is heard with that one, as it's shorted to Coons.

It's where I sit.

Another "Billies" is at a school near Eugene, OR - the Pleasant Hill Billies.

Also, I'm wondering if the "Orientals" nickname was not originally meant as a racial slur, but rather was a reference to the school's name. "Oriental" is derived from a word for "East" (the corresponding term for "West" is "Occidental"), so East High could have been nicknamed for that reason. Nowadays, however, perhaps they should think about a change.

Im not sure about this one but I think that Akron (Ohio) East High School has changed from Orientals to Dragons. Anybody know if its official?

ESPNUAkron.jpg2002-2006 ALUMNI 2007-2009 ESPNUSeton.jpg

It's a little out of my area, but I think this is one of the more unique school names I've ever heard of...

I-35

The Insterstate 35 High School Roadrunners. If you check the site, their unis even say "Interstate" across them. That school I believe came about from a merger as well.

I've finally found something to like about Iowa. :rolleyes:

AUSPole.pngWAT2nd.png

Go Gators. Go Blue Raiders. Go Commodores. Go USC Trojans.

Preds & Avs.

Braves, Rays, & Dodgers.

Titans, Colts, Broncos, Cardinals.

Grizzlies. 14ers, Jam.

Team Spirit + Laziness = Yay.

Here's an odd one that doesnt seem at all intimidating. A district rival of my high school, Fluvanna County High School, is called the Flying Flucos. Its a combination of Fluvanna and County

nicolevaidisova.jpgbarack-obama-043007.jpg

The reason I am on this earth-Nicole Vaidisova

Barack and Roll!!

QUOTE(Armadillo19 @ Thursday, February 8th, 2007 - 02:57:57) *

The Montgomery Biscuits ( http://www.sportslogos.net/team.php?t=1327 ) of the Southern League is pretty terrible.

They also have the WORST logo in sports history IMO...

http://www.sportslogos.net/logo.php?lo=5856

My god...

You obviously haven't paid attention to this site. The Biscuits, as incredibly weird as they are, are one of the more celebrated minor league identities on this message board.

--Roger "Time?" Clemente.

Sorry, didn't know they were a famed team on the boards. Any insight as to why they are so celebrated, and also, why they're called the Biscuits in the first place?

Thanks in advance.

That's the Southern Lab Kittens, out of Louisiana, I believe.

Though I almost think that Poca High School, West Virginia, has a worse nickname. They are the Dots.

Oh jeez that's bad! I hope none of their cheerleaders are from India because she won't be able to explain why she cheerleads for the Dots.

Down here we have Ft. Lauderdale High School...they're called the "Flying L's". Needless to say when people play them they make an L on their foreheads to represent LOSER!

FLHSLogo_Circle_Color.gif

"Every morning in Africa, a gazelle wakes up. It knows it must run faster than the fastest lion or it will be eaten. Every morning in Africa, a lion wakes up. It knows it must outrun the slowest gazelle or it will starve. It doesn't matter whether you're a lion or a gazelle. When the sun comes up, you'd better be running." - Unknown | 🌐 Check out my articles on jerseys at Bacon Sports 🔗
spacer.png

Archived