Texas A&M - Mesh Baseball Jerseys?

amare32

I hope your being sarcastic, because my guess is that they have it facing that way to reflect the way the armed forces do it, because A&M is fairly big military wise correct?

impossiblefp4.jpg

The World Basketball Championship, the Davis Cup, Ryder Cup, Iraq: Every day there's further proof that we, as a nation, are not very good at international competition.

They have the US flag facing the wrong way... The Blue and the stars have to be in the upper left.

When you wear it on sleeves, the field of stars faces forward. The military does this so the stars always face the enemy.

I still don't have a website, but I have a dribbble now! http://dribbble.com/andyharry

[The postings on this site are my own and do not necessarily represent the position, strategy or opinions of adidas and/or its brands.]

They have the US flag facing the wrong way... The Blue and the stars have to be in the upper left.

When you wear it on sleeves, the field of stars faces forward. The military does this so the stars always face the enemy.

It shows the flag in forward motion. The military does it, Team USA did it at the WBC, and you'll see it on ambulances alot.

I could be wrong, but as I understand it, the flag is backwards so that the blue field is closer to the heart.

Sometimes the flag is displayed 'in motion', would be the term, I guess, but that's only on automobiles and such, I believe.

Actually, looking at a few websites, I believe it is intended to look like it's in motion. I've seen it say different things on different websites.

Regardless, in response to the original comment on it, the flag being backwards is done intentionally.

IUe6Hvh.png

Thanks for correcting me.

Can anyone tell me why they are using it that way? I know for sure (even tested that :D ) that members of the military freak out when you use the flag like that on other occasions.

Like they said, it's supposed to look like it's in motion. I think it references the old days when people carried flags into battle. That's the direction the flag would point when the soldier was charging while holding it. *

*In light of having just read the "mistakes in logos facts" thread, don't hold me to that, because i honestly don't know where I heard that bit of info.

Like they said, it's supposed to look like it's in motion. I think it references the old days when people carried flags into battle. That's the direction the flag would point when the soldier was charging while holding it. *

*In light of having just read the "mistakes in logos facts" thread, don't hold me to that, because i honestly don't know where I heard that bit of info.

You are correct. The stars are located on the side of the flag in the direction one is moving, because otherwise it would look like that person is retreating.

Back-to-Back Fatal Forty Champion 2015 & 2016

I believe this is the only one of our jerseys that is mesh. This leads me to believe that this jersey was meant as a batting practice jersey as it looks just like lasts years batting practice jersey except that this one is white and last years was maroon. The whole logo on the right side of the chest still throws me off. It should be on the left. I dunno if Nike is to blame or A&M wanted that.

I believe this is the only one of our jerseys that is mesh. This leads me to believe that this jersey was meant as a batting practice jersey as it looks just like lasts years batting practice jersey except that this one is white and last years was maroon. The whole logo on the right side of the chest still throws me off. It should be on the left. I dunno if Nike is to blame or A&M wanted that.

I believe the correct answer to that is, and it is always the case of, "blame Nike".

Seriously, no idea why it's on the right chest. Haven't seen that orientation too often. Probably just mixing it up (not necessarily a bad thing, since it's unique but not comical), although I guess the easy joke would be, "A&M is so conservative they won't even let their logo be on the left" or something like that.

Go Astros!

Go Texans!

Go Rockets!

Go Javelinas!

You are correct. The stars are located on the side of the flag in the direction one is moving, because otherwise it would look like that person is retreating.

bush%20fernglas.jpg

Well, I guess then the closed binoculars are not the only mistake here...

Archived